PM tells Thaksin, others in self-exile to return and have their day in court

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, lincolnshire poacher said:

If Philomena Cunk were in Thailand, imagine how interesting her tweets would be

Come on now, you have used this before in another thread, and this is a rehash of if Winston Churchill was alive today, imagine how good his tweets would be ?

16 hours ago, Thailand said:

I guess they are all booking their tickets right now.

of course they are......and all the countries that they have visited since last Aug have told the big boss of thailand that they are/have been in THAT country....and INTERPOL helped thailand to get them back to Thailand.... just like pigs can fly !!!

17 hours ago, madmitch said:

If the person that ousted a democratically elected Government is ever charged with any sort of criminal activity, he will surely stay in the country and face the music rather than flee and be treated as a second class citizen.

Of course he will. He knows he will be ruled mentally incompetent to stand trial.  

1 hour ago, EnglishJohn said:

Perhaps all these people claiming Thaksin won't come back because he will not get a fair trial could explain to us why he did not come back under Pheu-Thai and have his day in court with his sister as PM and his UDD thugs intimidating the Judges outside the court and making death threats.

Only one reason can explain it to me. He is guilty and he knows it.

But don't let logic and reason interrupt your schoolboy bitching. The only effect you have is to confirm to Farang how far you are from a civilised democracy.

It must be really nice to have a life were everything is so simple and exactly as it seems after listening to soldiers telling it. Even most Thais despise police and soldiers, but hey, listen away...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KiwiKiwi said:

And were the law-enforcement and judicial systems in Thailand even close to being impartial and non-partisan, as they should be, I doubt either TS or YL would even be in exile now. But of course, loyalty in Thailand means loyalty to the landed gentry and their Totem.

Not wanting to start the shin-hater wars again, but if it were anyone else, there would be no argument from anyone with a brain.

You are correct - if the law enforcement and judicial systems were impartial, effective and pursued justice both TS and YS would not be in exile - they would both be in jail!

As would a tremendous number of their cronies and a tremendous number of their opponents. Because the reality is they're all at it. The bias and partisan selectivity is clear. But that doesn't mean either those prosecuted or those allowed to sweep it under the carpet are innocent.

Justice has to be applied to everyone, fairly, without bias, and without selectivity. Look around the world and you won't find that. But some countries are much closer than others!

Just now, Baerboxer said:

You are correct - if the law enforcement and judicial systems were impartial, effective and pursued justice both TS and YS would not be in exile - they would both be in jail!

As would a tremendous number of their cronies and a tremendous number of their opponents. Because the reality is they're all at it. The bias and partisan selectivity is clear. But that doesn't mean either those prosecuted or those allowed to sweep it under the carpet are innocent.

Justice has to be applied to everyone, fairly, without bias, and without selectivity. Look around the world and you won't find that. But some countries are much closer than others!

Oh dear.

With an impartial justice system, Yingluck would not have been found guilty, or the guilty verdict as reached would be overturned, as she did not receive a fair trial. In no serious justice system can the acting PM meddle by using article 44. You must not have woken up today judging from your post

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, KiwiKiwi said:

Oh dear.

So please explain.

Thaksin never denied committing the act for which he was convicted and his lawyer was found guilty of trying to bribe the courts. He was previously very lucky to be found not guilty on the asset concealment charge.

You can read the details of the Krungthai Fraud case, the cheap loan to the Burmese Junta to buy from Shin Corp etc etc for yourself.

YL never denied the actual charge of negligence. But relied on the 'it's all not fair, others do it" act.

I doubt, having read the case facts anyone applying rational thought would consider them innocent.

Now, as to why some cases are progressed and others allowed to dwindle away or dismissed with very creative reasoning is another matter. The statue case, the nephew new construction company case, watchgate, the very expensive Hawaii jaunt, the declaring assets doesn't apply to us scenario etc etc.

So what's your solution? 

1 minute ago, sjaak327 said:

With an impartial justice system, Yingluck would not have been found guilty, or the guilty verdict as reached would be overturned, as she did not receive a fair trial. In no serious justice system can the acting PM meddle by using article 44. You must not have woken up today judging from your post

Please don't be rude. It's against forum rules.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

So please explain.

Thaksin never denied committing the act for which he was convicted and his lawyer was found guilty of trying to bribe the courts. He was previously very lucky to be found not guilty on the asset concealment charge.

You can read the details of the Krungthai Fraud case, the cheap loan to the Burmese Junta to buy from Shin Corp etc etc for yourself.

YL never denied the actual charge of negligence. But relied on the 'it's all not fair, others do it" act.

I doubt, having read the case facts anyone applying rational thought would consider them innocent.

Now, as to why some cases are progressed and others allowed to dwindle away or dismissed with very creative reasoning is another matter. The statue case, the nephew new construction company case, watchgate, the very expensive Hawaii jaunt, the declaring assets doesn't apply to us scenario etc etc.

So what's your solution? 

Get a judicial system with some integrity that is not beholden (or part of) to the landed gentry or the soldiers. This one's broken.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Comments here are very one sided. The wrongdoing of thagsin seems forgotten.

And when will they stop talking about exile and call it what it is. A criminal who fled the law.

And what about the little bugger who killed the cop with his Ferrari????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

And this law can only be upheld as long as he or the military stays in power.

Thai style 'democracy' (as promised by Prayut) means that power still rests with the Army, in the background. Therefore, Article 44 will continue to protect him. :sad:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Perhaps you could explain how YL appointing herself to Chair the rice schemes but never turning up to any meetings; repeatedly saying she was in charge and only she; repeatedly saying it was self financing then running out of cash; repeatedly saying there was no corruption in the scheme, wasn't negligent?

And why when she sacked Ministers for corruption did she fail to do anything about the corrupt deal they'd been involved with? Isn't that negligent as best?

Appreciate if you would keep any reply in accordance with forum rules.

3 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

I doubt that will happen in this "feudal" society. :sad:

Feudal is right. And they don't care so long as they get their house or apartment on Doi Suthep. At taxpayer expense. At Prayuth's insistence.

One of Thailand's bigger problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PREM-R said:

Do you think the the PT government could have got a fair trial for Thaksin?  The elite control the judiciary and the army.  Think back to 2010, pro Thaksin supporters on the street.... gunned down by the army,  2013-14, anti Thaksin supporters on the street for many, many months..... Army did nothing against them.  PT members sent to court.....  GUILTY!!!!   Suthep et al sent to court.... adjourned for 10 years, out on bail. 

PT's idea of "fairness' includes threatening and intimidating judges, giving out judges personal details publicly to their street thugs, lobbing bombs, shooting at buildings and having erstwhile cronies like Chalerm warning judges of dire consequences if they make the "wrong decisions".

PTP's idea of a fair trial is one that finds them innocent regardless of the facts.

They have a point on the selectivity issues on who gets prosecuted and who doesn't, and about the appropriateness of sentences perhaps.

But to suggest that the vagaries and biases of the justice system means they're innocent is complete sophistry.

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Perhaps you could explain how YL appointing herself to Chair the rice schemes but never turning up to any meetings; repeatedly saying she was in charge and only she; repeatedly saying it was self financing then running out of cash; repeatedly saying there was no corruption in the scheme, wasn't negligent?

And why when she sacked Ministers for corruption did she fail to do anything about the corrupt deal they'd been involved with? Isn't that negligent as best?

Appreciate if you would keep any reply in accordance with forum rules.

in my opinion, you need to consider stopping basing your posts on hearsay or what you read in the newspapers. This is not the UK - hearsay and news content is far more suspect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, welovethailand said:

If you look in the old thread "Taskin wants to return home", I stated that, from a high level security memo, that got leaked, that 2 years ago the US made plans to return Taskin to Thailand. And many mocked me. You bunch of clowns with your "high number posts", would argue that it was not raining , when in fact it was.  I guess you need alot of attetion. Maybe your Mama's abandon you all at a young age. So you come to Thailand "to shout and try to be heard".

I have been here over 8 years, never gone back, and look at my few posts. Mike drop.......

What on earth are you on about?

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

lol. The biter bit. If it were seriously enforced, you would have been permanently banned years ago, Leicester or not.

You appear to have been a member since April this year. I'm flattered you've taken the time to read through all my posts from previous years. 

You might wish to also read the forum rules. Commenting on moderation is also prohibited.

8 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

in my opinion, you need to consider stopping basing your posts on hearsay or what you read in the newspapers. This is not the UK - hearsay and news content is far more suspect.

So please, show us where YL, any of her cronies or supporters, PTP, her legal team or anyone ever claimed or proved that she attended any meetings, made the statements she did apparently without any actual knowledge, or explained why she didn't do anything about the G2G fraud deals?

Stop basing your posts on Shin propaganda and fairy tales. Or do you believe the lovable siblings have never ever done anything wrong in their lives, never ever, just like the big boss says?

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Please don’t give credit to people who attack their own country. They were born Thai, but now live in another country as second-class citizens,” he said.

Some might argue this is a step up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So please, show us where YL, any of her cronies or supporters, PTP, her legal team or anyone ever claimed or proved that she attended any meetings, made the statements she did apparently without any actual knowledge, or explained why she didn't do anything about the G2G fraud deals?

Stop basing your posts on Shin propaganda and fairy tales. Or do you believe the lovable siblings have never ever done anything wrong in their lives, never ever, just like the big boss says?

Sorry, friend. I don't respond to straw men unless they're good straw men which this one isn't. You need to strive to be good at whatever you do. This nonsense isn't.

2/10 must try harder...

1 minute ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Sorry, friend. I don't respond to straw men unless they're good straw men which this one isn't. You need to strive to be good at whatever you do. This nonsense isn't.

2/10 must try harder...

Ha ha.

Question too hard or just the answer uncomfortable?

But, hey, as your're so knew to the forum, if you want to pretend that the Shins are innocent and avoid discussing the actual facts and contexts of their cases,  then up to you. 

I'd really be interested on your view of how Thaksin can be innocent in the Krungthai case when his co-defendants have been convicted and serving long prison sentences already. 

Your defense of the Shins - 1/10. 

7 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Ha ha.

But, hey, as your're so knew to the forum, if you want to pretend that the Shins are innocent and avoid discussing the actual facts and contexts of their cases,  then up to you. 

I'd really be interested on your view of how Thaksin can be innocent in the Krungthai case when his co-defendants have been convicted and serving long prison sentences already. 

Right. Roger.  :coffee1:

Edited by KiwiKiwi

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Ha ha.

In Thailand I’m not sure that a conviction in the courts means one is guilty. And vice versa for that matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingkenny said:

Come on now, you have used this before in another thread, and this is a rehash of if Winston Churchill was alive today, imagine how good his tweets would be ?

I have used it once but you are quite right it is a rehash of the Winston Churchill comment, the name being changed to protect the innocent

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

But seemingly 'selectively' forgotten by those fawning sycopants of the current rulers! :whistling:

You missing the subtle Thai difference. The Red Bull heir paid off the policeman's family and also the police with quite hefty sums whereas the Shins have a tendency to keep all the money for themselves, something which is not appreciated by the other pigs at the trough.

• Like 2