resident cert for buying bike

i got that paper for buying bike,

but i'm indecisive what to buy so

its slipping towards the 90 show-up at IO.

now the question is, if i do the 90 day retirement report first,

will the paper become out-dated ?

Doing a 90 day report will not affect the certificate of residency you have.

Some immigration offices issued them them with a validity date (30 days at some) on them. You check yours to find out if it has one on it.

• Thanks 1

Just my experience -  when transferring onwership of a motorcycle to myself after puchase, I provided the usual transfer documents, a copy of my passport showing a Non O visa and a confirmation of address certificate from Korat Immigration.  The address confirmation was written in Thai but stated that it must be used within 3 months. I believe it should also state the purpose its required for.

A point to note - if the bike was previously registered in a different province to that in which you wish to register it in, you will probably need to go to the main office in the provincial capital where your documents will be checked. You will also be required to purchase compulsory insurance if you don't already have it. Provided everything is OK you will be asked to return 3 days later to collect a new number plate for your bike. Make sure you have the old plate with you.

Quite an easy process but a bit of a pain having to go back again.

Edited by KhaoYai