How to survive out of Thailand Alive in legal way?

15 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

Good luck, or better luck.

I suggest you Use your time to fully write out your experience, it could be a best seller one day, plus it might help with your medical issues.

Sent from my BND-L21 using Tapatalk

Medical issues are really OK. From home country 4 months medicines and International doctor prescription. In pharmacy 1 month Lithium medicines costs just 500 bahts. The question was that do anybody know can you use you own medicines in Pai jail/prison or in Bangkok Immigration Jail. For 100% sure I know that nobody can't bring to you meds there.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

How about turn your bad experience into opportunity?

What you need to do is write a treatment for a screenplay and shop it around Hollywood. Must flesh it out though, it can go a number of ways. How about an international action thriller. You are a  businessman abroad who accidently crosses a group of foreign criminal thugs in a Thai bar?  Young family waiting at home. Really the gross out comedies as you mentioned "Hangover" sell better these days. Anyway you need a love interest. Perhaps a comical sidekick?  When you get to the west coast don't trust agents. They will steal your ideas if it has not been done already.

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for post. Now main thing is to get Alive home...

3 hours ago, buick said:

quote from the link:

It’s recommended that people on lithium avoid or limit their use of alcohol, because in addition to the side effects above, it can also lead to impaired judgement and thinking, and you should never do anything requiring mental alertness when you’ve used alcohol and lithium.

https://www.therecoveryvillage.com/alcohol-abuse/alcohol-and-lithium/

Thanks for the link. All true. Doctors in my home country are saying that if you use sometimes alcohol with Lithium, maximum is 2 small beers, not more! Better stay sober off course.

Everybody partying there in high season and I was on holiday, so I make my own mistake and drink too much. I have newer hit anybody or being in fight - I'm not that kind of person - and also this time I did't hit anybody, just arguments in bar and after that street "fight" 5-6 vs 1 and all what I could do when they hit my head and kick all over the body, I was just laying down on the street and protect my head with arms.

• Like 1

You are lucky the police in Pai did not shoot you,

happened before,if i was you i would be buying 

amulet,as your luck could not get any worse.

Ist time poster,with a story not about women,

he didn't did he? could not bother to read it all.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dear VonDutch,

as someone who works part-time for one of the Western embassies, we are instructed not to assist in these problems the citizens.

What you can do is to live Thailand ASAP!!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

You are lucky the police in Pai did not shoot you,

happened before,if i was you i would be buying 

amulet,as your luck could not get any worse.

Ist time poster,with a story not about women,

he didn't did he? could not bother to read it all.

regards Worgeordie

Actually after 1 night in jail in the morning the chief captain police officer who was leader in Street fight situation was really nice and say that he is sorry that he did't get the mans who where hitting me, because they did't see the whole situation: just me laying on the street.

Also, because my eye classes where totally broken when they hit me, I did't see anything (almost -8), so he advice where to buy contact lenses really near of Police station. Something positive thinking in this all high pressure and stress what I'm right now going thru.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LolaS said:

Dear VonDutch,

as someone who works part-time for one of the Western embassies, we are instructed not to assist in these problems the citizens.

What you can do is to live Thailand ASAP!!

Ok. Thanks for info. I'm really amazed that I have newer seen any information about any Embassy that they honestly tell about travelers that we are not going to help you! Many people think so, so why not to inform to safe some lives?

You are part time worker of Embassy and my lawyer said that in court I have 50% change to survive with penalty fee and I would like to go legal way. Do you know or can you figure out, that after Pai court, do they bring me to: 
1) Chiang Mai Immigration Jail or
2) Bangkok Immigration Jail?
to wait the paper work etc.

I also have been trying many days the get right information how you can buy return ticket to home, because you can't use any phone or internet to book or even call somebody to visit?

Do you have any information?

And how you can  leave Thailand ASAP without Passport? My mistake, so try to handle legal way any how possible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dorchester said:

Well he certainly know how to compress the most words into the smallest story

Yes, Have to tell what happened, otherwise someone who knows right information to question can't help.

OP: If you think, there is the need, you might want to contact your country's / city's local newspapers.

Publicity back home might put pressure to your embassy to help you. You might also ask for monetary assistance for letting the newspaper interview you and print your story. 

With a bit of international pressure, your case in court might also be viewed in more favourable way as everybody have tendency to hope a happy ending to the story and come out as the person who helped one in need. 

I don't know if that would help you, but it's one option, I would be thinking of going for, if I would be in the situation you are now.

I hope things turn out just fine.

15 minutes ago, oilinki said:

OP: If you think, there is the need, you might want to contact your country's / city's local newspapers.

Publicity back home might put pressure to your embassy to help you. You might also ask for monetary assistance for letting the newspaper interview you and print your story. 

With a bit of international pressure, your case in court might also be viewed in more favourable way as everybody have tendency to hope a happy ending to the story and come out as the person who helped one in need. 

I don't know if that would help you, but it's one option, I would be thinking of going for, if I would be in the situation you are now.

I hope things turn out just fine.

Oilinki, thanks a lot!
Actually I have already really popular blog in my home country and sometimes some posts get thousands of readers and shares. Maybe I can write today this story in my native language and send link to every newspapers. One local also said that court don't want publicity with western cases and id there is publicity then the penalty is not maybe so big.

I was thinking this before, but then I forget it and also I think that I don't want that nobody knows this and wanted to handle this myself. Now I feel I don't have any choice. Also maybe with that story, some other travelers get information what not to do and that Embassy's really don't help anything!

Thanks for great tip!

• Like 2

You have to buy new medicine in the prison,
because you can smuggle drugs into the prison.

After the penalty you will be thrown out of the country for a while.

544336.jpg

Edited by Bangkokazy
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bangkokazy said:

You have to buy new medicine in the prison,
because you can smuggle drugs into the prison.

After the penalty you will be thrown out of the country for a while.

544336.jpg

Ok, thanks for info!

Why can’t you pay the victim for his bike then ask lawyer to clear to close the case 

End of the day if you steal a vehicle or anything for any reason then you’ll be in trouble plus stealing the bike didn’t stop you from getting beaten

you need your lawyer to clear with victim 

then clear with the police in charge of your case

and get all the help can financially to pay for all debts or get ready to spend a while in lock up 

if you pay for the victims bike make sure it’s on record at the police station 

at least if you go to court then first offense your probably looking at a suspended sentence ( if your lawyer can explain your situation well to the judge )

also work Orn on your sorry even if the victims bike isn’t work 100 k up ask yourself are you willing to negotiate your Freedom over some money which you can make back

i reckon you’ll need about 300 k to be in the clear

what is your lawyers level of English 

also your statement I would get that translated or officallay translated into tor language 

then your lawyer might be able to help you change your statement due to miss translation 

if the police in charge of your case allows this and the victim of the stolen bike is happy then this could really help you 

maybe it was a miss understanding

maybe the owner let you borrow the bike but when he asked for it back he thought you said something that made him believe you were going to steal it which is why he made the report 

then the the police can submit the new statement to to court and if there isn’t enough evidence to charge you with theft they can close the case 

but be ready to dig deep into your pocket and make sure you pay the right people and make sure if the case is closed that you received a letter from the court saying that the case is closed to make sure that 

A they didn’t lie to you

B the case can be closed but sometimes they can forget to update this in the system

so you really need the letter from the court if they say that the case is closed 

a good lawyer should be able to get you off

ps don’t ask me if I know any you’ll have to dig yourself 

if in doubt try google search for international lawyers in Thailand but they won’t be cheap 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, VonDutch said:

Oilinki, thanks a lot!
Actually I have already really popular blog in my home country and sometimes some posts get thousands of readers and shares. Maybe I can write today this story in my native language and send link to every newspapers. One local also said that court don't want publicity with western cases and id there is publicity then the penalty is not maybe so big.

I was thinking this before, but then I forget it and also I think that I don't want that nobody knows this and wanted to handle this myself. Now I feel I don't have any choice. Also maybe with that story, some other travelers get information what not to do and that Embassy's really don't help anything!

Thanks for great tip!

I don't think any Dutch newspaper is interested in a story of a guy who get drunk, in a fight, steels a bike and has to go to court. Petty crime and there are much more serious things going on. Worked for the biggest one for 17 years.

• Like 1

Also if you have any photos or evidence when your were attacked the same night you took the bike as there was a threat to our life then it might back up your story

even hostpial receipts for your injuries 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonDutch said:

Oilinki, thanks a lot!

Thanks for great tip!

Can you please let us know where to read your blog?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jvs said:

Can you please let us know where to read your blog?

Hi again, I would like to, but right now not maybe wise, because then everybody know my name, face, profession, county and challenge and I can't even walk on street.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1