Greece reaches deal with Germany's Merkel to take back asylum seekers: FT

webfact

Greece reaches deal with Germany's Merkel to take back asylum seekers: FT

2018-06-28T004708Z_1_LYNXMPEE5R01P_RTROPTP_3_EU-SUMMIT.JPG

German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras attend a European Union leaders summit in Brussels, Belgium, March 22, 2018. REUTERS/Wolfgang Rattay

(Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras is ready to sign a deal with German Chancellor Angela Merkel to make it easier for Germany to send asylum seekers back to other European countries, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday.

Tsipras told the FT he was open to a special agreement with Berlin to curtail the "secondary movement" of refugees that arrive at the European Union's southern border but then journey north to Germany and added that the EU's existing rule book for allocating responsibility for asylum-seekers was "out of life." https://on.ft.com/2IywpI5

Merkel said on Sunday she would seek direct deals with separate European Union states on migration, conceding the bloc had failed to find a joint solution to the issue threatening her government.

"We have to find a way, in the framework of the international law, to share the burden and to not have this unfair position for the frontline countries but also for Germany. Because it's not fair all these people to go to Germany, if we believe that this is a European problem," the FT quoted Tsipras as saying.  

Tsipras said any agreement with Germany would not have significant knock-on effects on Greece as only between 50 to 100 asylum seekers a month are crossing the country's northern border, according to the report.

Merkel is under pressure to get EU leaders at the main June 28-29 summit to agree to share out migrants more evenly to placate her conservative allies, Bavaria's Christian Social Union (CSU).

CSU allies have given her until the end of the EU summit to reduce the burden of immigration on Germany, which has taken in 1.6 million migrants since 2014. Otherwise, they will defy her and impose border controls, which could collapse the chancellor's fledgling coalition.

(Reporting by Rama Venkat Raman in Bengaluru; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-06-28

10 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

The so called asylum seekers  can all go back to their own countries building it up and if they like to go europe then they have to apply for a tourist visa...

I would rather help old native people from my country  then throw away billions of Euros on that lying bunch..

Dat's rayciss

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

I noticed that of the 629 'refugees' that were taken to Spain by rescue boat, only 62 were women and children? Only the men could raise the money to pay huh!! 

Maybe the plan was that because men are bigger and stronger they would survive the rigours of the journey more than women or kids.

Perhaps they would then find work easier than women or kids.

Oooh....huh

• Like 2

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

I despise Merkel!

several young german girls been raped and slaughtered by fake asylum seekers.

after their crimes they flee to home country aha..

I understand. Why quote my post though?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Merkel is in a hole. Her closest coalition partner is not happy about immigration. She could be forced to have another election. She doesn't want that. She needs an immigration quick fix.

Greece needs cash. There are many ways to give a country money. Move a few due dates around. Play with the terms of the loan, etc.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch your back.

So she’s going to use EU money specifically for Germany .?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, biggles45 said:

I noticed that of the 629 'refugees' that were taken to Spain by rescue boat, only 62 were women and children? Only the men could raise the money to pay huh!! 

Well may be you need your wife to hold your hand? I would forge ahead and then send word for chattels to follow when I had found some security for them. But I'm a Yorkshireman; what would I know?

3 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Merkel is in a hole. Her closest coalition partner is not happy about immigration. She could be forced to have another election. She doesn't want that. She needs an immigration quick fix.

Greece needs cash. There are many ways to give a country money. Move a few due dates around. Play with the terms of the loan, etc.

You scratch my back, I'll scratch your back.

Nowt wrong with that!

Greece reaches deal with Germany's Merkel to take back asylum seekers: 

Yes, of course. The EU has Greece by the short & curlies so they had to capitulate.

We are still hoping that Conte felt compelled to stir up a mess and at the end of the day he will get back in line, but it's far from certain," an EU diplomat said.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1045422-italy-blocks-eu-summit-agreement-until-migration-demands-met/

Italy are a totally different kettle of fish and will not be '' getting back in line '' for anyone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Maybe the plan should be that the men defend their country, because they are all fit and of an age to be in the military, than fleeing their country like cowards leaving wife and children behind.

Would you defend a corrupt and oppressive dictatorship or with an opposition who would operate in the same manner if they got into power, forced into conscription without pay or defined time etc etc? 

The matter of leaving family behind has been answered many times, yet you and others post the same inflammatory nonsense time after time.

if a group did manage to get organised along democratic principals to take the fight to the enemy, no doubt posts saying they are savages who cannot co-exist blah, blah

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Would you defend a corrupt and oppressive dictatorship or with an opposition who would operate in the same manner if they got into power, forced into conscription without pay or defined time etc etc? 

There are 2 sides in the war, so if they don't like one side, they can support the other side to secure their future.

But it's so much easier to move to the other side of the world where they get free hand outs, and can force their religion on others. Not?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

There are 2 sides in the war, so if they don't like one side, they can support the other side to secure their future.

But it's so much easier to move to the other side of the world where they get free hand outs, and can force their religion on others. Not?

Most wars in Africa are tribally based, often lead by extremely corrupt & brutal warlords and extremists of one persuasion or another.

Methinks you have no clue as to what you're talking about other than copying talking points from whatever extremist POV you follow. Happy to be proven wrong in my assumptions.

Edited by simple1

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Most wars in Africa are tribally based, often lead by extremely corrupt & brutal warlords and extremists of one persuasion or another.

Methinks you have no clue as to what you're talking about other than copying talking points from whatever extremist POV you follow. Happy to be proven wrong in my assumptions.

Hey i never ever have even seen a single injured  person to enter its all fake they walk in here with I phones coming from areas where not a single shot was fired or where it is safe already for years its all bullshit.

back home with the lot of them..

The only violence they experienced was during their illegal  journey to Europe.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Hey i never ever have even seen a single injured  person to enter its all fake they walk in here with I phones coming from areas where not a single shot was fired or where it is safe already for years its all bullshit.

back home with the lot of them..

The only violence they experienced was during their illegal  journey to Europe.

Which groups and originating countries are you referring to?

Edited by simple1

All of them should return to wherever they came from and apply for holiday and or working visa..

I agree. I don’t know what part of the word ‘illegal’ that they don’t understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1