AIS Playbox pulls world cup?

RedCardinal

11 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

They are being shown on free terrestrial thai tv, channels 5 and 34 (Amarin), English audio option can (usually) be found on your remote.

Or by using a vpn you can stream from BBC and ITV .

Although the english commentary on Thai channels is good there is no build up or half time review on the Thai channels.

I don't have terrestrial thai tv...

1 hour ago, pistachios said:

I don't have terrestrial thai tv...

Me neither. iPlayer blocks many vpns very well. Can't understand how AIS can't stream the free-to-air Thai channels. Surely going to be lots of angry customers.

Edited by RedCardinal

For those AIS Playbox users frustrated not to access the channels which broadcast the FIFA World Cup 2018 games any longer, it looks like there is a way to continue to follow the matches on the Playbox using the TrueID application.

Just download and install the TrueID app on your AIS Playbox from the Google PlayStore. Then, go to the TV section all channels. Note that the channels of the 3 broadcasters of the World Cup games (Channel 5, True 4U and Amarin TV) are initially locked. To unlock them, you need to register. Just click on any of the locked channels and the TrueID app will guide you. All you need is a valid Thailand mobile phone number (any network) as the app will send an OTP code by SMS to your cell phone, which you need to enter into the app.

I can't be absolutely certain that the TrueID app will still work for AIS Fibre users for the next games, but, right now, I am watching a replay of the Iran-Portugal match on Channel 5 using TrueID on my Playbox, while the same channel is blocked with the blue screen on the Playbox TV app. This is a rather good sign...

I find that, in full screen, the image quality of the TrueID app is slightly inferior to the one of the Playbox TV app, but still acceptable.

Edited by dolvitius

33 minutes ago, dolvitius said:

For those AIS Playbox users frustrated not to access the channels which broadcast the FIFA World Cup 2018 games any longer, it looks like there is a way to continue to follow the matches on the Playbox using the TrueID application.

Just download and install the TrueID app on your AIS Playbox from the Google PlayStore. Then, go to the TV section all channels. Note that the channels of the 3 broadcasters of the World Cup games (Channel 5, True 4U and Amarin TV) are initially locked. To unlock them, you need to register. Just click on any of the locked channels and the TrueID app will guide you. All you need is a valid Thailand mobile phone number (any network) as the app will send an OTP code by SMS to your cell phone, which you need to enter into the app.

I can't be absolutely certain that the TrueID app will still work for AIS Fibre users for the next games, but, right now, I am watching a replay of the Iran-Portugal match on Channel 5 using TrueID on my Playbox, while the same channel is blocked with the blue screen on the Playbox TV app. This is a rather good sign...

I find that, in full screen, the image quality of the TrueID app is slightly inferior to the one of the Playbox TV app, but still acceptable.

Wait you can install Google PlayStore apps on the Playbox? How old is yours?

you can use this site.It gives you all the UK tv channels (although i noticed a 5 minute delay for live games) and I have found it to be a very smooth and uninterupted service. It is 600 Baht a month but I was able to use it for nearly 1 month for free before I was blocked and asked to pay for the service. I'm not sure if it was an intentional marketing ploy on their behalf or if they were simply not ready to start charging for their service! It's worth checking out (if u have to pay straight away u can take the service just for 1 month) Link below...

www.teatimetv.to

you can use this site.It gives you all the UK tv channels (although i noticed a 5 minute delay for live games) and I have found it to be a very smooth and uninterupted service. It is 600 Baht a month but I was able to use it for nearly 1 month for free before I was blocked and asked to pay for the service. I'm not sure if it was an intentional marketing ploy on their behalf or if they were simply not ready to start charging for their service! It's worth checking out (if u have to pay straight away u can take the service just for 1 month) Link below...

www.teatimetv.to
How do you pay for these type of sites? In the UK you have DD protection, but I'm not sure about these

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

www.teatimetv.to

How do you pay for these type of sites? In the UK you have DD protection, but I'm not sure about these

not sure. I just had my free viewing extended for another week. I have downloaded the player and now have free UK tv for another week. After that I will look at paying for the service. My suggestion is that you email them and request a free trial...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

I have downloaded the player and now have free UK tv for another week.

I would be very careful about installing any player from such a company. These services are almost never legal, so the chances of them bundling malware with something you install are always going to be higher. If it's just a simple web login then you're going to be much safer.

1 hour ago, dolvitius said:

Yes, I can. I just did it yesterday.

I have the old model of Playbox (square shape).

How did you do? 

I didn't even know it was possible. What a piece of crap tv box...

Anyway I managed to access the play store through the browser ( lol ) and install the TrueID TV app.

It seems to be working but the quality is really bad even for HD channels. And this app is barely usable with the playbox remote. Better than nothing I guess.

5 hours ago, pistachios said:

How did you do? 

I didn't even know it was possible. What a piece of crap tv box...

Anyway I managed to access the play store through the browser ( lol ) and install the TrueID TV app.

It seems to be working but the quality is really bad even for HD channels. And this app is barely usable with the playbox remote. Better than nothing I guess.

How did I do ?

Well, I just went to the Google PlayStore, I typed TrueID, I selected the first app that came out (TrueID with the red logo), and I clicked 'install' !

For me, as I said earlier, the image quality is not as good as the one you get directly from the Playbox TV app, but still acceptable.

For sure, the TrueID app was not developed for a TV box, but rather for a smart phone.

I use a gyroscopic remote control unit to control the Playbox, so I can point and click anywhere on the screen. This make the operation of these kinds of app much easier than with the shitty standard remote control which comes with the Playbox.

The benefit I see from using the TrueID app is that you get all the Thai channels with one app, including the three channels which are now blocked during the broadcasting of the FIFA games.

Well, for me the TrueID app solves the problem.

But, if someone has a better solution to offer, I am ready to listen...

Just to inform others who might be interested...

France-Argentina is currentlybeing broadcasted on the True 4U channel.

Blocked on the Playbox TV app.

But no problem to watch it on the Playbox with the TrueID app.

Which means that, for the time being, the TrueID app does not block the viewing of the FIFA World Cup games for users of other network (AIS Fibre for me).

5 minutes ago, pistachios said:

The app crashed at the exact moment the match started. Could not make it work after a few tries.

Currently watching the game on the ipad...

Just try to launch it again. I find the image quality surprisingly good, but still below HD.

Fyi, there are currently 110,000 users watching True 4U on TrueID, as compared to a mere 1,000 users watching other channels.  Guess why...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dolvitius said:

Just try to launch it again. I find the image quality surprisingly good, but still below HD.

Fyi, there are currently 110,000 users watching True 4U on TrueID, as compared to a mere 1,000 users watching other channels.  Guess why...

Ok it worked again but it kept timing out every 10 sec even with medium video quality setting. Works great on ipad though.

14 minutes ago, pistachios said:

Ok it worked again but it kept timing out every 10 sec even with medium video quality setting. Works great on ipad though.

Not sure what this time out you experience is...

I don't have such a thing. I have been watching this channel for 1 hour now without any interruption.

Only thing is that I have only the Thai audio stream. I am not sure if the TrueID app allows to switch to the alternate audio stream, if any, with English commentaries during FIFA games.  I tried to look for it but could not find it.

Had an SMS from AIS saying the along the lines of  "Customers can normally watch the World Cup through AIS Playbox".  No mention of what channel.  Flicked through loads and found the England / Colombia game being shown on Amazon 34 HD ?

This notice is from the Playbox website:

"AIS PLAYBOX’s Customers watch “FIFA World Cup 2018” normally today.

According to the court order from the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court, Super Broadband Network Limited Company (SBN), an AIS subsidiary, had to suspendbroadcasting “FIFA World Cup 2018” program on AIS PLAY and other applications following the lawsuit filed by True Vision Group against SBN. Effective June 28, 2018, AIS PLAY and AIS PLAYBOX would not be able to broadcast the program due to the court order.

Today ( July 3, 2018 ), the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court informs SBN that True Vision Group gives permission to broadcast FIFA World Cup 2018 via AIS PLAYBOX.

SBN is willing to follow and comply with the court order. Effective today, more than 400,000 AIS PLAYBOX customers can view “FIFA World Cup 2018 Live” via AIS PLAYBOX. AISPLAYBOX is complying with NBTC’s Must Carry policy – treating TV broadcast business as public service. AIS has to genuinely apologize to 5 million AIS PLAY customers for the program cannot be aired on AIS PLAY at this moment.

Meanwhile, AIS will continue to comply with law and confirm that SBN, a licensee to broadcast programs and contents under non-bandwidth operating category, has a dutyaccording to NBTC’s policy on Must Carry to carry broadcast signal from all free TV Channels to broadcast on AIS PLAY."

Edited by SooKee

11 minutes ago, SooKee said:

Had an SMS from AIS saying the along the lines of  "Customers can normally watch the World Cup through AIS Playbox".  No mention of what channel.  Flicked through loads and found the England / Colombia game being shown on Amazon 34 HD ?

According to the court order from the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court, Super Broadband Network Limited Company (SBN), an AIS subsidiary, had to suspendbroadcasting “FIFA World Cup 2018” program on AIS PLAY and other applications following the lawsuit filed by True Vision Group against SBN. Effective June 28, 2018, AIS PLAY and AIS PLAYBOX would not be able to broadcast the program due to the court order.

Today ( July 3, 2018 ), the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court informs SBN that True Vision Group gives permission to broadcast FIFA World Cup 2018 via AIS PLAYBOX.

SBN is willing to follow and comply with the court order. Effective today, more than 400,000 AIS PLAYBOX customers can view “FIFA World Cup 2018 Live” via AIS PLAYBOX. AISPLAYBOX is complying with NBTC’s Must Carry policy – treating TV broadcast business as public service. AIS has to genuinely apologize to 5 million AIS PLAY customers for the program cannot be aired on AIS PLAY at this moment.

Meanwhile, AIS will continue to comply with law and confirm that SBN, a licensee to broadcast programs and contents under non-bandwidth operating category, has a dutyaccording to NBTC’s policy on Must Carry to carry broadcast signal from all free TV Channels to broadcast on AIS PLAY."

Thanks for the notification !

I can confirm that it works : I can watch right now (4 July 2018) the Columbia - England game on Amarin TV in HD through my Playbox.

I fact, I did receive the SMS from AIS too, but I had just not bothered to read it !  (I should have...)

• Like 1

Had an SMS from AIS saying the along the lines of  "Customers can normally watch the World Cup through AIS Playbox".  No mention of what channel.  Flicked through loads and found the England / Colombia game being shown on Amazon 34 HD [emoji846]

Well that’s good news, common sense has prevailed !!

I’m sure many are aware, but maybe not all, English language commentary can usually be found on your remote under audio options.

It would have been far more helpful had they told people which channel it was playing on, I've never even looked at Amarin 34 HD before (didn't realise the bloody auto-correct had changed the first post to Amazon!!!) and only decided to try every channel after first ploughing through the sports and entertainment channels.  Doesn't help that the channel guide (web version - I find the version on the box a real PITA to use, why on earth the channels are not grouped together is beyond me, just scattered all over the place at random) is down with 'Coming soon' on everything.  

Edited by SooKee