Welcome Back

samran

Thanks RC/Totser - only thing I miss about ICU is the nurse who was in charge of "Bed 9" - a Thai girl from Chang Mai who used to work at Bangkok Nursing Home!! She's been replaced - my physio is a Thai girl as well (2nd generation American stteled).

Should be "back on the ranch" late March. Long term outcome - messed up arm but other wise all should be fine.

I was a smart arse - and paid for it - no excuses, was my fault: don;t take chances with farm machinary - thats my message to everyone. Even simple things like climbing off a tractor to ajust a plough - switch the tractor off - and as for trying to drag something out of the front of a forage harvester while the engine is on - pure stupidity!!

Hear you guys had some rough rainfall late last year whcih done a lot damage to a ot of farms.

Tim

best wishes to you maizefarmer..although our paths didnt cross before the unfortunate incident :o since then a thread wishing you well was started, and looking at the posts and comments in that thread I realised that you are a much loved member of the forum...and Im sure there is a good reason for that :D

so its definitely good to see you recovering, and joining us back on this forum again. who knows...maybe I will now get a chance to read more of your posts :D

regards and hope you recover well :D

Good to see you back Tim.

Never had much call to post in any of the farming threads (being an engineer, things that grow are a black-art) but I've always enjoyed your informed posts.

Hurry back to LOS, we all make errors, thank Buddah / God / Allah you survived yours :o

:o Welcome back Tim!.

I am very happy to see your notes again on this forum!

Hope you will recover totally!

When are you coming back to Thailand?

Good luck and strenght with everything for the coming months!

best regards,

Ruud Kim and Frank.

Ps. We followed your advice as you told us during our conversation in Amsterdam last summer 2006.

On this moment we are building a stable 6mtr. (in the middle 8mtr. high ) .

The land we bought is next to a river.

We want to irrigate 25 rai with Lucy grass for about 50 cows ( the first years).

I am very hopefull to start in april with our brahman farm.

Let me add my congratulations on a seemingly decent recovery, to the chorus here.

Also a thank you to your friend Pallasaides for keeping you in touch. Must be a great

friend to finish a shift with "CHIPS" and spend the time with you in ICU.

Return to your 'ranch' with Godspeed.

Bt

Ruud - you are top of my list of people to catch up with when I get home.

What you are doing sounds exciting - it pleases me to know that our meeting as motivated you to make the committement you have.

As said when we met last year - water is THE big thing, and if you have got 25 rai with a river longside then you have the long term security you need to make crop committements on that land to support livestock.

As well, you have livestock productions' biggest single expense under control: forage costs.

Denifneatly need to see this when I get back

Tim

:o Welcome back Tim!.

I am very happy to see your notes again on this forum!

Hope you will recover totally!

When are you coming back to Thailand?

Good luck and strenght with everything for the coming months!

best regards,

Ruud Kim and Frank.

Ps. We followed your advice as you told us during our conversation in Amsterdam last summer 2006.

On this moment we are building a stable 6mtr. (in the middle 8mtr. high ) .

The land we bought is next to a river.

We want to irrigate 25 rai with Lucy grass for about 50 cows ( the first years).

I am very hopefull to start in april with our brahman farm.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you - I learned my lesson well and truely - won't be doing that again.

On my feet swimming (it s called "hydrotherapy" - lots of bubbles!!), bouncing around everyday on a big rubber ball, walking to the local corner shop and generally getting back into the right frame of mind.

Can't wait to get back to LOS (and see my favourit cow!).

MF

Thank you - I learned my lesson well and truely - won't be doing that again.

On my feet swimming (it s called "hydrotherapy" - lots of bubbles!!), bouncing around everyday on a big rubber ball, walking to the local corner shop and generally getting back into the right frame of mind.

Can't wait to get back to LOS (and see my favourit cow!).

MF

Glad to hear you are on the mend, both physically and emotionally. I am sure your cow misses you too :o