Thai PM visits cave where boys' soccer team feared trapped

webfact

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

Assuming you are not trolling, the photo is groundbreaking for the railway in Korat, half the people in the photo are Chinese.

Not trolling, someone posted the pic to this thread without noting it was not relevant to the thread.

Perhaps you should be talking to him, for my part I regret the deception to which I and everyone else was subject.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, KiwiKiwi said:

Not trolling, someone posted the pic to this thread without noting it was not relevant to the thread.

Perhaps you should be talking to him, for my part I regret the deception to which I and everyone else was subject.

No need for you to suggest anything to me thank you, was only trying to politely point out your error.

Begs belief how you could be so niave 

7 minutes ago, sungod said:

No need for you to suggest anything to me thank you, was only trying to politely point out your error.

Begs belief how you could be so niave 

I know. Odd isn't it? That I should take a post in a forum at face value. Most peculiar.

I was attempting to apologise, thank you for accepting it so gracefully.

Oh, and the expression is 'beggars belief'. Just trying to be helpful.

Edited by KiwiKiwi

While hoping that they are all rescued safely after all this time, I noticed this in the OP " despite a sign warning visitors that the maze of passages and chambers was prone to flooding." it has to be said that their coach should have been more sensible and not have allowed them to enter.

A few days ago I saw a picture of the actual sign leading to the entrance. It was quite a large one and written in Thai, so no excuses for not knowing it was there. 

Once again, hoping they are all rescued safely.

4 minutes ago, monspencer said:

While hoping that they are all rescued safely after all this time, I noticed this in the OP " despite a sign warning visitors that the maze of passages and chambers was prone to flooding." it has to be said that their coach should have been more sensible and not have allowed them to enter.

A few days ago I saw a picture of the actual sign leading to the entrance. It was quite a large one and written in Thai, so no excuses for not knowing it was there. 

Once again, hoping they are all rescued safely.

Pedantic I know but the sign said its prone to flooding from July onwards, not June when they entered although common sense should have played a part. I believe I also read the sign is new and was placed after the boys were already missing, maybe someone can verify this.

• Like 1

Seems to be a lot of negative comments in this Forum on the Prime Minister Prayut

turning up to see  how things are progressing on the rescue bid for the children 

If he did not show up he would be said to be insensitive to the situation 

and when he does turn up  he is criticised 

he can't win 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Nope ...Still don't know why the PM and his mob are all wearing boy scout uniforms .

I am also not sure but...if you happen (unfortunately) to get into the 8pm- daily- royal-appreciation- TV- hour, you will see these caps and scarfs, whenever some "volunteers" clean up some canals or stuff like that.

Blue and yellow being the colors of you-know-who.

Probably has something to do with "that"...

Edited by DM07
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Seems to be a lot of negative comments in this Forum on the Prime Minister Prayut

turning up to see  how things are progressing on the rescue bid for the children 

If he did not show up he would be said to be insensitive to the situation 

and when he does turn up  he is criticised 

he can't win 

That's why elections are not taking place anytime soon...:cheesy:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

I think the yellow scarfs are supposed to be symbolic and represent yellow ribbons.   "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree". Except for no oak trees.

That's my guess.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, habanero said:

I think the yellow scarfs are supposed to be symbolic and represent yellow ribbons.   "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree". Except for no oak trees.

That's my guess.

You're probably on the right track, the boy scout uniform is synonymous with the great outdoors, and caving is a scouting activity. He'll also look good in that big old outdoor kitchen they've installed, he can showcase his scouting skills by chopping some veggies. The scarf is maybe a nod to the First Cav Colonel in Apocalypse Now, in the scene where he lands in a Cong village distributing playing cards, and then goes surfing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cadbury said:

If the PM wants to do something he should go and help in the kitchen to provide food for the rescuers.

Wouldn't it be clever if his PR teams release photos like this of his hands after his altruistic support?

Dirty%20hands%204_zpssfmc7tek.jpg

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

Wouldn't it be clever if his PR teams release photos like this of his hands after his altruistic support?

Dirty%20hands%204_zpssfmc7tek.jpg

Wouldn't it be clever if his PR teams release photos of him doing something useful... anything at all.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shy coconut said:

Another demonstration of your incredible IQ and general all round superiority to the Thai people?

No, it's a question.

You can tell it's a question, because it has a question mark after it. That means it's a question.

Glad I could help.

6 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Encouragement? That could only come from him running into the cave, jumping in the water never to be seen again. Not going to happen.

Everyone is a critic here, sad. If you don't like the way things are being run in this country simply leave and join Thaksin and his greedy sister in the UK.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, habanero said:

That's my guess.

I would think it might have something to do with being, i believe in red shirt territory, just to let them know the Shins are not there but i am, sort of thing! 

Saying all that lets hope there is a bright outcome to this sorry Saga and the boys are found safe! 

53 minutes ago, daftdada said:

Everyone is a critic here, sad. If you don't like the way things are being run in this country simply leave and join Thaksin and his greedy sister in the UK.

Quite right. Things in Thailand are just picketyboo. No need to develop, Imagine how much better off Europe would be now if they didn't have the Industrial Revolution. Or America if it didn't copy the work the Germans were doing on the fission bomb.

Just grow some more rice and eat a few more chicken bones, that's the destiny our betters have decided we need, and we always follow orders.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 1