Put your cards on the table, EU makes last Brexit call to Britain

rooster59

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Artificial Intelligence is knocking on the door and will remove millions of jobs.

Shall we blame the EU for that too?

to many Brexiteers the term Artificial Intelligence and EU sounds like synonyms

• Haha 1

Another remainer myth bites the dust.

All that crying, howling and barking at the moon that car manufacturers, aircraft manufacturers and all sorts of other manufacturers would be devastated without JIT logistics.

My answer to that was that for all these Industries it was a '' Nice to have '' but not critical to their operations.

And voila

Airbus and Rolls-Royce to stockpile parts amid claims of 'criminal' Brexit damage

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/07/17/airbus-rolls-royce-stockpile-parts-amid-claims-criminal-brexit/

The only Industry that JIT is critical for is the '' Perishable Goods '' Industry.

5 hours ago, tebee said:

All trade deals take a long time, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (with no EU involvement)has been in negotiation for 13 years and is still not in force 

Wasn't TPP a deal between about 12 countries? It will always take longer with multiple countries involved - hence why the EU takes so long to agree deals.

Look tebee

There is that magic word '' Could '' again

Everyday dairy products such as butter, yoghurt and cheese could become luxury items in Britain after Brexit,

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/18/dairy-products-may-become-luxuries-after-uk-leaves-eu

It is in the Guardian so it must be true. Time to start getting hysterical ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Artificial Intelligence is knocking on the door and will remove millions of jobs.

Shall we blame the EU for that too?

No we can't blame the EU.

I would however suggest that the UK will be in a better position to manage a more nimble response outside than if it were shackled to Brussels.

No comments about the relevation that the remain backing civil servants, in the remain backing Chancellor of the Exchequer Phillip Hammond department, have somehow been inflating the cost of Britexit. I wonder if the remain backing P.M. encouraged them.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
18 hours ago, nontabury said:

You forgot to mention, that the open boarder policy of the E.U. has a great deal to answer for as regards unemployment, and of course on the pressure of wages for the lower paid. But why should the selfish remoaners be concerned.

An argument based on workers being helpless.

Well those that don’t join unions are.

Those that do earn higher wages and enjoy better working conditions.

So let’s not join a union and blame the EU for the rapacious practices of British employers.

While of course turning a blind eye to the fact that the Tories are openly planning a post-Brexit purge of EU regulations and laws protecting worker’s rights.

If you think British workers suffer in the EU, you’ve seen nothing yet.

What about all the builders in the UK who have spent decades learning the trade, building a business and a reputation, and are now being undercut by unskilled Eastern Europeans.

The customer ends up with a crappy job with things looking bad aesthetically, and falling apart after a few months. The workers are usually crammed into houses or caravans together to keep living costs down, and send the money they earn back to their home countries, i.e. the money leaves the British economy.

Tell me what is good about this.

And as for this:

" the Tories are openly planning a post-Brexit purge of EU regulations and laws protecting worker’s rights."

That is just fantasy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Renegade said:

from your original link

https://brexitcentral.com/theresa-may-accept-eus-offer-canada-style-deal-claim-diplomatic-triumph/

How can that be tebee ?

That would be against the Law according to you. You said it right here.

Yet according to YOUR article, the EU want it executed by OCTOBER

So who is obtuse tebee ?

Is it you for posting articles that you do not understand.

Is it you for posting unsubstantiated shoite.

I posted the link as it said that a deal had been offered - not surprisingly I can't agree with what their suggestion was to do with that offer - I don't even think what they suggested was possible, but I wanted to give you a leave source that refuted your own comment that a deal had never been offered.

Unless you are saying   saying it's a leave page and full of lies and untruths as normal and therefore should not be trusted ?

1 hour ago, The Renegade said:

All that crying, howling and barking at the moon that car manufacturers, aircraft manufacturers and all sorts of other manufacturers would be devastated without JIT logistics.

My answer to that was that for all these Industries it was a '' Nice to have '' but not critical to their operations.

And voila

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2018/07/17/airbus-rolls-royce-stockpile-parts-amid-claims-criminal-brexit/

The only Industry that JIT is critical for is the '' Perishable Goods '' Industry.

There comes a limit to the amount you can stockpile !

But however much it is, it adds to the cost of manufacturing there.

other mainland plants will be cheaper.

Sooner or later the manufacturing capacity   will move to them.

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

Unless you are saying   saying it's a leave page and full of lies and untruths as normal and therefore should not be trusted ?

I am saying that what you are posting and claiming is full of lies and untruths.

From YOUR link

https://brexitcentral.com/theresa-may-accept-eus-offer-canada-style-deal-claim-diplomatic-triumph/

that is to take up the EU’s offer of a Canada-style deal and to execute that deal by October.

How can a deal be offered, discussed and executed by OCTOBER, when less than 30 minutes before, you were claiming

That is because we can't legally negotiate a FTA whille we are still part of the EU one and we don't know what our future relationship with the EU will be.

Either the article that YOU posted is full of shoite. Or YOUR claim above is full of shoite.

Cannot have it both ways.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tebee said:

But that does not negate in any way

Nice try, but no cigar.

And voila

9 minutes ago, tebee said:

Your reply has roused my indignation, sir! You forget that some 70 odd years ago, the entire world told the UK that it could not stand against the Jerries. But it showed the world what was what. Compared to that achievement, stockpiling an infinite amount of parts should be a doddle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What about all the builders in the UK who have spent decades learning the trade, building a business and a reputation, and are now being undercut by unskilled Eastern Europeans.

The customer ends up with a crappy job with things looking bad aesthetically, and falling apart after a few months. The workers are usually crammed into houses or caravans together to keep living costs down, and send the money they earn back to their home countries, i.e. the money leaves the British economy.

And as for this:

" the Tories are openly planning a post-Brexit purge of EU regulations and laws protecting worker’s rights."

That is just fantasy.

Oddly enough I hear the same thing in France about English builders that come there and undercut them. French artisans produce very fine work but are both expensive and very specialized  - you'll need a different person to tile the walls of your house than the one who tiles the floor.

They resent English general builders coming over and doing more shoddy work much cheaper.

53 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

And as for this:

That is just fantasy.

yes, what about the UK builders?

seems to me they are quite simply losing out, cannot compete in the market

the customer has spoken - they fancy cheap poles rather than not cheap brits'

do you actively want to hinder/prohibit competition in the house building/fixing market?

or do you want to define some minimum quality standards that UK customers must follow when they purchase?

5 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

yes, what about the UK builders?

seems to me they are quite simply losing out, cannot compete in the market

the customer has spoken - they fancy cheap poles rather than not cheap brits'

do you actively want to hinder/prohibit competition in the house building/fixing market?

or do you want to define some minimum quality standards that UK customers must follow when they purchase?

What location are you actually posting from? Certainly not from the U.K 

probably from somewhere else :—-

70B87464-8F06-41CE-B3F9-78A29EDC71E6.jpeg

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Because you do not seem to know what is actually happening in the U.K.

unless you’re in London.

Are you aware that over 1,000,000 British workers on on minimum wages, with zero hour contracts. Which basically means,their employers can dispense with there services, on a whim, without the protection of any E.U. Legislation, even though many remainers seem to think that the E.U. does protect workers rights. And this they do quite frequently, as they know that there is an ever increasing supply of Eastern Europeans. 

Come to Lincolnshire, there are tens of thousand of these E.U immigrants, many living in crowded caravans. Untill they reach the magic £11,800 tax rate, then of course they return home for the year,without paying into the British exchequer.

Others rent accommodation, in private houses, 10 or more sharing the cost of a semi, thus forcing British families out of the housing market. And all the time putting pressure on wages and jobs. But why should you worry, that’s not what selfish people do.

70802597-7417-4EC1-AC2E-522F21D84FBF.jpeg

Brexit: 10 ways the EU protects British workers' rights

Theresa May has outlined plans for a so-called hard Brexit – one in which the UK leaves the EU single market and customs union. 

It means many of the workers’ rights that have been won over many decades will no longer be protected by EU law and could potentially be abolished at any point. According to the House of Commons Library, a “substantial component” of workers’ rights in the UK comes from EU law.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-latest-news-10-ways-eu-protects-british-workers-rights-in-danger-european-union-a7531366.html

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

nontabury

riiing riing riiing - wake up

do you think this is specific to UK/London? Same shit is happening in lesser or greater degree in many European countries.

and it has been going on for years and years

and it ain't gonna stop any time soon - and it will get worse - just wait and see

last week my keyboard was in Scandinavia - UK - Bangkok - Manilla and Singapore and Sydney,

this week Auckland and Bangkok again ++ now I hope it will stay in Bangkok for a while

This rant/gripe about builders I think I started to hear in Norway in the late 1980s, but then the "hostility" was directed towards Danes

that came to Norway to "steal" jobs

after the EEA was joined in the early 90s, Poles soon became an issue and were subjected to the same rants.

(strange - when did Poland enter the EEA? Polish handymen has been an issue for years and years though)

When I read Norwegian newspapers today I see plenty ads from Polish handymen,

they offer;

painting, carpenter jobs, gardening, roof-fixing

inside painting - electrician jobs -piping/VVS stuff

you name it

have never used 'em, hence, dunno if they are a lot cheaper than locals - my guess is that they probably are / locals charge outrages prices

dunno nontabury,

but I reckon this is what is called a competitive market - either you adjust and hack it or you lose and go on the dole

I offer you a bet here,

bottle of single malt of your pick and a pint of heavy and a couple of bobs for you to play on a fruit machine;

that there ain't no fuckin' UK politician tory-labour-ukip or what have you that will alter this situation

and push Polish handymen to the background and UK handymen to the foreground

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

nontabury

do you think this is specific to UK/London? Same shit is happening in lesser or greater degree in many European countries.

and it ain't gonna stop any time soon - and it will get worse - just wait and see

last week my keyboard was in Scandinavia - UK - Bangkok - Manilla and Singapore and Sydney,

this week Auckland and Bangkok again ++ now I hope it will stay in Bangkok for a while

This rant/gripe about builders I think I started to hear in Norway in the late 1980s, but then the "hostility" was directed towards Danes

after the EEA was joined in the early 90s, Poles soon became an issue and were subjected to the same rants.

(strange - when did Poland enter the EEA? Polish handymen has been an issue for years and years though)

they offer;

you name it

have never used 'em, hence, dunno if they are a lot cheaper than locals - my guess is that they probably are / locals charge outrages prices

dunno nontabury,

but I reckon this is what is called a competitive market - either you adjust and hack it or you lose and go on the dole

I offer you a bet here,

bottle of single malt of your pick and a pint of heavy and a couple of bobs for you to play on a fruit machine;

that there ain't no fuckin' UK politician tory-labour-ukip or what have you that will alter this situation

What we have in the UK now is very different from what you describe. I hate to repeat myself, but my neighbour recently took the cheapest quote for some garden landscaping. One guy was in charge of 8 Romanians (who all share a caravan), and the job they did was awful.  They were all farmers. I actually overheard the guy leading them teaching them how to mix cement.

My neighbour regrets taking the cheap quote now, because of the shoddy workmanship and the length of time it took.

Who benefits from this? (apart from the Romanians' wives back on the farm in Sud Muntenia)

Edited by CG1 Blue
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

nontabury

they offer;

you name it

dunno nontabury,

I offer you a bet here,

Part of the problem is enforcement of labour laws. I suspect the Tories aren't so keen on passing and enforcing laws to make sure that workers are paid the minimum wage.

• Like 2

The EU fat cats demand £3.8Billion as the EU parades disgusting EU support for the profits for big business and slaps down consumer hopes of controlling the abuse of markets by big business.

Perhaps Brexiteers are right the EU backs big business against ordinary people.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/18/google-faces-record-multibillion-fine-from-eu-over-android

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

What we have in the UK now is very different from what you describe. I hate to repeat myself, but my neighbour recently took the cheapest quote for some garden landscaping. One guy was in charge of 8 Romanians (who all share a caravan), and the job they did was awful.  They were all farmers. I actually overheard the guy leading them teaching them how to mix cement.

My neighbour regrets taking the cheap quote now, because of the shoddy workmanship and the length of time it took.

Who benefits from this? (apart from the Romanians' wives back on the farm in Sud Muntenia)

waddya mean very different?

as far as I can see exactly the same situation I talked about, exactly the same, just slightly  different wrapping

you talk about people from Romania

I talk about people from Poland

people work - some benefit - in this case wives in south Romania, fine!

what on earth are you after?

you think (brexit or no brexit) UK will close the door to other Europeans and in addition throw out

the non UK Europeans already in UK?'

man dream on! the time of shoddy work has been here for a long long time and it ain't gonna vanish

17 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Part of the problem is enforcement of labour laws. I suspect the Tories aren't so keen on passing and enforcing laws to make sure that workers are paid the minimum wage.

of course they are not keen on that,

they couldn't care less what workers are paid - the less the better

if they, the tories, could have their pick they would be very happy commuting between Westminster and their residence without ever

seeing a worker (doesn't go for all but for many) workers ain't their cup of tea

still, in election after election millions and millions of UK workers vote for them - democracy is an interesting play / beats cricket any day

12 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

waddya mean very different?

as far as I can see exactly the same situation I talked about, exactly the same, just slightly  different wrapping

you talk about people from Romania

I talk about people from Poland

people work - some benefit - in this case wives in south Romania, fine!

what on earth are you after?

you think (brexit or no brexit) UK will close the door to other Europeans and in addition throw out

the non UK Europeans already in UK?'

man dream on! the time of shoddy work has been here for a long long time and it ain't gonna vanish

Well as long as this situation does not affect you,why should you be concerned. It’s called selfishness.

Excuse me for posting this none E.U. article, but it just shows how those in the establishment, think there is one set of rules for them and another for the rest of us. Their motto is “ I’m alright Jack”. 

6FE9A059-4AB6-48F2-86BD-3104DB5B17D1.jpeg

Edited by nontabury
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Well as long as this situation does not affect you,why should you be concerned. It’s called selfishness.

Excuse me for posting this none E.U. article, but it just shows how those in the establishment, think there is one set of rules for them and another for the rest of us. Their motto is “ I’m alright Jack”. 

6FE9A059-4AB6-48F2-86BD-3104DB5B17D1.jpeg

Not concern me?

As I stated above - several countries in Europe experience the same

The problems described are not unique to UK.

Or do you move that it should be the exclusive right of UK citizenship holders to comment on UK and Brexit related issues?

(is there a smell of brown political attitudes here?)

No concern to me, Brexit and associated problems? Do you think UK is an isolated island in Europe

or are you quite simply politically brown and want to dictate who should be concerned and not be concerned?

If it amuses you I can easily avoid dropping comments inn this thread, no sweat.