Chiang Rai: Rescuers make progress on day seven

rooster59

How about some kind of flexible but strong and watertight  tube, 1 meter diameter open at both ends.  Drag the tube from the entrance to the interior of the cave where the boys are located. Then evacuate the water from the tube. Run a line, with a hook on one end,  thru the tube.  Put one boy into a harness and hook him to the line. Since the tube now has only air there should be no problem breathing as boy is pulled thru the tube to the outside. Repeat 12X.

As long as both ends stay above the water, i foresee no difficulties.  May need to grease the boy for easy sliding.

God speed and enjoy the ride.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

How about some kind of flexible but strong and watertight  tube, 1 meter diameter open at both ends.  Drag the tube from the entrance to the interior of the cave where the boys are located. Then evacuate the water from the tube. Run a line, with a hook on one end,  thru the tube.  Put one boy into a harness and hook him to the line. Since the tube now has only air there should be no problem breathing as boy is pulled thru the tube to the outside. Repeat 12X.

As long as both ends stay above the water, i foresee no difficulties.  May need to grease the boy for easy sliding.

I think the problem would be that parts of the passageway are far less than 1m in width and there are some tight curves (vertical and horizontal) to contend with.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

There are bits in the cave that the divers has to remove their tank and gear to be able to squeeze through, 

Sure, problems with every possible solution.  If you were a 12 yr old boy,  with absolutely no swimming experience, and someone popped a mask on your face, told you to breath normally for the next half hour and then plunged you, all alone into the black smelly cold deep water...the result may not be so favorable. 

And the govt spokesman says 'NO risk will be undertaken with boys' lives'.

Least risk most likely bigger pumps and wait till November.  The boys will live like underground moles, except with lamps and school books!  But the long wait solution does not fit into the govt scheme of appearing competent and smart. 

Remember that <deleted> from USA, "W" Bush who widely proclaimed ...'MISSION ACCOMPLISHED'.  What's the outcome after 12 years?  Total chaos and unrelenting death to local citizens.

• Confused 1

I didn't bother to quote the poster....but
Thinking that it's rational to assume the boys had perished is a far stretch IMHO...

They were familiar with the cave,
they are small in size to maneuver to safety,
they are under the (misguided) guidance of an adult,
they are boys with an exploring adventurous team spirit and a will to live,
people can live without food for a long time,
access to drinkable water wasn't really an issue.
They had a whole nation (minus some expats) praying for their safety.

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk

Latest...…….everyone rescued from the cave.

Absolutely fantastic news and made my day.

Condolences to the Thai diver who lost his life, sacrificed his safety in order to save others and no greater sacrifice is known to man.

A great day, but tinged with sadness.

• Like 1