The week that was in Thailand news: Let’s hope they’re coming home

rooster59

7 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Unfortunately it is only possible to give 1 'like' to your article this week Rooster. I would like to give a few more to the first half of this week's TWTWIT.

Very well said. Thank you.

I agree-a very good article indeed.

"Following the tragedy of the Asian Tsunami on Boxing Day in 2004 almost three dozen foreign countries contributed to the effort to help the victims find their missing loved ones"

I seem to recall immigration insisting that all the volunteers had to have work permits!! 

1 hour ago, biggles45 said:

"Following the tragedy of the Asian Tsunami on Boxing Day in 2004 almost three dozen foreign countries contributed to the effort to help the victims find their missing loved ones"

I seem to recall immigration insisting that all the volunteers had to have work permits!! 

I have no love of Thai immigration, but surely even they would not stoop that low. This was one

time when common sense should have applied other than any laws.

I accept that people in dire need sometimes grasp at straws, but calling rain that stops when a Monk turns up "divine intervention" seems to be a step too far? Prayers and hopes with all of the people involved with the rescue.....good news in the next few days??

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this travesty.  I can only very, very, very, very slightly imagine the grief, lack of sleep, stress, anxiety, etc.... over a son being in this situation.  To say it's overwhelming is a massive understatement.

Stay strong everyone, and keep positive, hopeful thoughts flowing......

god bless.  

Edited by puukao

On 7/1/2018 at 10:59 AM, biggles45 said:

On 7/1/2018 at 12:27 PM, possum1931 said:

I have no love of Thai immigration, but surely even they would not stoop that low. This was one

time when common sense should have applied other than any laws.

There's a story today in one of UK's 'finest newspapers' ? that Thai "police" have been up to their tricks again this time, too.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/983347/thailand-cave-rescue-british-divers-police-red-tape-Tham-Luang-Cave

Don't know the truth of it, of course, but "police" have got previous form with that sort of behaviour, as biggles45 reminded us. 

9 minutes ago, MartinL said:

I

9 minutes ago, MartinL said:

There's a story today in one of UK's 'finest newspapers' ? that Thai "police" have been up to their tricks again this time, too.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/983347/thailand-cave-rescue-british-divers-police-red-tape-Tham-Luang-Cave

Don't know the truth of it, of course, but "police" have got previous form with that sort of behaviour, as biggles45 reminded us. 

I'd better remember that if I ever pass a house on fire and see someone trapped at the window, or someone drowning, I should not try and rescue them, as I want to be a good immigrant and obey the laws.:cheesy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1