Rescuers about to reach 'Pattaya Beach' chamber of Tham Luang Cave

webfact

Maybe local Thai news should mention that British navy was involved in the rescue. The guy who found them who filmed it with a head cam looked professional .  

• Like 2

All who (are) participating in the rescue effort deserve credit from the guys bucking the current in 0 visibility a 1000 meters from air to the ones humping materials and passing out water don’t cheapen this blessed team effort kudos to all don’t let your guard down well done all!

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Ape said:

Both Rik and John will never have to buy a other beer in Pattaya again. Proud of my fellow countrymen for standing up and being counted once again. Two absolute legends. 

Ironically they're in Pattaya beach right now... too bad they'll have to wait a bit longer for the beers. Like you say, legends. 

Just seen latest news and have to say I'm so happy that any negativity I might have posted has not become true, those divers not just the ones that found the lads need to be given the highest praise possible, everyone there has done an incredible job, now I'm praying all the lads and coach can be brought out safely to be reunited with there families!!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sweatalot said:

may be your wrecked fantasy - but absolute rubbish.

if they are traumatized they can be treated

and maybe it will give them incredible strength in the future

might even be seen as a chance for spiritual and personal growth

Unfortunately you don't know anything about PTSD. Ask the Veterans. And stop posting BS. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Perhaps they will now change the sign at the entrance to the cave complex that currently tells the public that it dangerous to enter the cave after the rainy season which starts in July.

Edited by Estrada
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Their politeness was beautiful.

Politeness, modesty, honesty and humility are keystones of 'thainess'.

I realise that many of the usual suspects will be filled with indignation (and rushing to the keyboard to vehemently denounce me for respecting my gracious hosts ) at my objective observation but hey ho. 

They are traits that ALL OF US should take on board. 

Again well done all involved in this operation. A credit to inter-nation cooperation.

Edited by Expatthailover
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

My Thai gf says the coach took the kids in there to perpetuate a superstition that they could invoke the spirits for a win for their football team.

Incredible in this day and age that a so-called adult would endanger the lives of 12 children in such a manner. I presume now in the euphoria he will not face even any condemnation for negligence.

Incredible that they were found alive after all this time. Well done to the rescue teams and everyone else involved.

What's incredible is you believe your gf's guff.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You surely are not serious....honesty... So according to you all the scum officials who stole millions from the destitute are honest !! The monks who stole millions from temple funds are honest!!

You need to think before you post such nonsense again.

And you are welcome to contribute those facts in existing threads relevant to those matters. Or you can make a completely new thread about that in another forum if this comment has got the wind sufficiently up yer kilt.

I will restate Expatthailovers unequivocally correct comment. But make sure that nobody should needlessly denigrate the locals through their misunderstanding of what 'thainess' he was referring to...

40 minutes ago, Expatthailover said:

Politeness, modesty, honesty and humility are keystones of 'thainess' the Thai people.

YEMV of course but it's your loss if the fundamental precepts of forgiveness and humility and the overwhelming good intentions of the vast majority of the Thai populace doesn't feature on your radar.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, sawadee1947 said:

Unfortunately you don't know anything about PTSD. ... 

Neither do you apparently.

... Ask the Veterans. ...

These kids haven't been in a firefight in Kandahar, barrel-bombing in Syria or a US-Mexico border detention facility so cool your PTSD jets. Some will have bad dreams, wet the bed and some may fear the dark but they won't succumb to what you claim.

... And stop posting BS.

Practice what you preach?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

These kids haven't been in a firefight in Kandahar, barrel-bombing in Syria or a US-Mexico border detention facility so cool your PTSD jets. Some will have bad dreams, wet the bed and some may fear the dark but they won't succumb to what you claim.

You seem to be an expert. An expert for BS? 

1 minute ago, Familyonthemove said:

Great to hear that English accent in the video.  As everybody knows, all movie hero's (and villains) speak with an English accent!

And finding those kids is better than winning the World Cup.

Which we will do.?

Already had one miracle finding them...thank god...so why not another?

All joking aside, fantastic that they're all safe & sound.

:smile:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I tend to agree with you. 

Scientific studies have shown that PTSD is much more prevalent in affluent countries. While there may have been some fear of death experienced by these boys, they were together, and my guess is that they heard the rescuers coming well before they were found which may have kept their spirits up. I've done water only fastings for 7 days before, throw in the lack of sensory stimulation and the body can go into a sort of hibernation state that keeps one's health (mental/physical) from deteriorating as fast it would in other types of situations. 

Definitely, much different than the trauma that one experiences from being physically or emotionally abused, being in the middle of a war and seeing a friend die or having to kill someone else, or being a first responder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

News report says the lads are being given 4 months food supply and will be taught to dive, this operation must be costing a fortune, I wonder if blame will be laid firmly with the group's stupidity on entering a cave system totaly unprepared and going by the pictures only wearing football shirt, shorts and probably flip flops, hope they all get out safely eventually!

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

News report says the lads are being given 4 months food supply and will be taught to dive, this operation must be costing a fortune, I wonder if blame will be laid firmly with the group's stupidity on entering a cave system totaly unprepared and going by the pictures only wearing football shirt, shorts and probably flip flops, hope they all get out safely eventually!

Who would put the blame on the group knowing an adult was supervising them?  And in what way is taking tents and other supplies going completely unprepared?

• Thanks 1

Who would put the blame on the group knowing an adult was supervising them?  And in what way is taking tents and other supplies going completely unprepared?
What supplies did they take? I have not seen any mention at all about any supplies or tents taken into the caves, they obviously have nothing other than the cloths they are wearing! I'm not an expert in caves but tents!!!

11 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

What supplies did they take? I have not seen any mention at all about any supplies or tents taken into the caves, they obviously have nothing other than the cloths they are wearing! I'm not an expert in caves but tents!!!

The last contact they had before entering the cave was the football coach popping home to pick up his camping supplies including two tents.