Why No Big Bottles Of Soda Water?

Firefan

No idea, perhaps it doesn't keep once opened. Anyway with a crate of 24 of the larger glass bottles at 110 Baht does it really matter. Slightly less portable I suppose.

Now, why can't I get 2L bottles of Diet Coke???

(Note: I am following advises here to stay clear from discussion involving NON-Immigrant O visas and child support issues for a while :-0 This seems to be a perfect alternative subject...)

A very interesting question.

IMHO, it's a "status" thing. Glass and small simply look better than plastic and big.

While they will only sell small bottles of beers in most upmarket places, "mixers" anywhere are only available in small bottles. (Yes, for some people it can mean A LOT of bottles on the table...)

Water -even sparkling- is probably too cheap anyway to try and hit the market with cheaper bigger plastic bottles.

But meanwhile your are inconvenienced (opening many bottles every day at home as an healthy drinker? Or unable to re-order fast enough at the bar/restaurant?)

(Will it work?? Will it be posted?? ;-0)

Crossy nailed my problem - as did papa. Basically I try to replace sugerfilled crap with soda water and fresh lime. The weight of the glass bottles when dragging them from the supermarket+the inconvinient storage in the fridge is what annoys me - and yes, the many bottles in the garbage and constant opening of bottles.

Papa; The soda water is actually MORE expensive than the other sugar filled mixers (coke Etc.) as the most often found small Singh/Chang bottles sell for around 6 Baht each in supermarket - 320 ml in each - while a tesco brand 1.25L cola is 18 Baht or a coke 20-22 Baht.

Papa; you have better chance of getting banned if you start another non-o rant on the visa board! :o

Cheers!

The weight of the glass bottles when dragging them from the supermarket+the inconvinient storage in the fridge is what annoys me - and yes, the many bottles in the garbage and constant opening of bottles.

Have you checked out your neighborhood? Around where I live there are several small "wholesale" outlets, that are happy to bring out 3-4 frames at a time (and take back the empties). I pay less than 5 baht pr. large soda (minus first-time deposit) delivered in my kitchen.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...