Paypal Account for Thai Citizen

I want to get a Thai based Paypal account for my wife. I take it I will need some kind of Thai credit card or bank account to tie the paypal account to? 

We have had trouble getting a credit card, any banks that are easier on regulations for that? Or maybe we don't even need a credit card to open a paypal account? 

Thanks for any information on this. 

I had PayPal linked to a SCB account with a bog standard ATM card (though it was the account itself that was linked not the card IIRC)

Changed my mobile provider though and forgot to change the number on PayPal though, and something triggered a security check on it that requires an SMS to go to my old number so have now been locked out with no way to get it back ?

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

1 hour ago, Howard said:

Paypal requires linking to a bank account or a card or both and there can be one or multiples of them so just having a bank account is fine.

Although you do need a debit card at least if you want to make payments from your PayPal account. At least that is the case with Bangkok Bank: payments can be funded from Visa cards but not directly from the linked bank account.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rwdrwdrwd said:

Changed my mobile provider though and forgot to change the number on PayPal though, and something triggered a security check on it that requires an SMS to go to my old number so have now been locked out with no way to get it back ?

This happened to me as well. I still managed to log in again by reseting my password. I needed to answer two security questions but no SMS was sent to my old mobile phone anymore. Try it! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aeiou7 said:

This happened to me as well. I still managed to log in again by reseting my password. I needed to answer two security questions but no SMS was sent to my old mobile phone anymore. Try it! 

It worked! You are a star!

download.jpeg

I do have the SCB bank account and the ATM debit card linked, and as @mark1006 suggests I can only send payments using the card.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd