All 13 Football Team Members Found Alive inside Flooded Cave

32 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

Can you imagine being stuck in a dark and flooded cave for 10 days?  Unbelievable.  Lucky the year is 2018 and not 1618!  

Still, if their gonna be there for months Cholera and Typhoid have gotta be a concern.

To all those "hang the coach! " crowd, ask yourselves, have you never disregarded a sign or instructions not to do something?These are kids and a lot of kids have a spirit of adventure, me included. People make these kind of mistakes all over the world every day. It is why all countries have search and rescue teams. I am amazed at their composure upon being found after 9 days of darkness and uncertainty. 

Well done to all people involved in this rescues TEAM effort. 
That assumption is so wrong I don't know where to start.
It's a huge leap from doing something foolish solo to endangering the lives of 11 others. They followed him in because that's what a team does.

Would you take your own child in with warning signs and knowing full well it's rainy season?
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

They put food and supplies for three months in the cave.

May have to teach them to use scuba diving gear...

Not as silly as it sounds. 

Poor kids had no idea what day it was or how long they had been there.

Very brave young Thais. 

Not silly, probably the best way as more heavy rain is coming. They should be going with the water flow and have ropes to guide them. It is a known risk that can be planned for. Heavy rain may cut them off putting them at a higher risk. Drilling a rescue shaft would take weeks or even months. 

alll the probable pooing in the water may sound scary

but they won't be drinking from it, instead from water supplied from above

bathing might be interesting! onsidering anytime thet near the wateline, they'd collect more maud than they can wash off

I'd expect the poo poo could be removed, by sinking a massively long 6 inch tube, that meanders it's way downstream into the darkness - an infinite septic system

12 hours ago, SneekyPete said:

Amazing. One can only imagine how the families feel. Medals all round to the rescuers and all volunteers.

Only one thing is sad, it is that nobody will learn anything and that after few weeks everything will be forgotten until the next stupid does the same mistake.

Everybody has friends or family members who died on the road, but do you see any improvement ? Thai will never learn and they are happy this way.

• Like 1

I just can't help but think about ..... WHY...............

Foreigners had to do the rescue........... Thailand with all it's money going into the wrong 'officials' pockets and all it's HiSo people living their 'Hi Life'.......... and foreigners must come in to save their kids............

I AM SO Happy for the outcome and all boys still alive and safe..... BUT ..... None the less........ It becomes so obvious about the Thai Government Officials (with expensive watches and flaunting overseas travel) and other HiSo 'Rich folks' selfishness wanting to 'stuff their own pockets' and not enough money left for trained crews for 'common emergencies'..............

I can foresee those 'Thai Submarines' going down and not coming up............. And other countries having to come and 'rescue' the Thai Military while all that money remain 'stuffed in the wrong pockets' And Military Generals acting as Government steal from their people............

This was such a wonderful outcome for a possibly tragic occurance........... for such a 'Selfishly Run' Country.........

I doubt extreme cave diving in Thailand would be popular or they would have had volunteers. Actually I doubt it's popular anywhere.

You don't train people to respond to such a rare occurrence that it's never happened before. Receding water made the difference and the thai seals would have got there eventually, maybe a day or two later.

Your rant though suggests you have have an agenda. What has corruption and the rich elite have ANYTHING to do with this?

Bizzare

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

I doubt extreme cave diving in Thailand would be popular or they would have had volunteers. Actually I doubt it's popular anywhere.

You don't train people to respond to such a rare occurrence that it's never happened before. Receding water made the difference and the thai seals would have got there eventually, maybe a day or two later.

Your rant though suggests you have have an agenda. What has corruption and the rich elite have ANYTHING to do with this?

Bizzare

And WHAT are you expecting when one of those 'Submarines' fail to surface (anything different from these 12 boys)............ Do you really expect that Thailand will be prepared for that????? 

Don't get me wrong........ I am not 'Thai bashing'............. I am bashing the Thai government (Military Dictatorship) and rich folks who could care less about 'common Thais'............ I love the 'Common Thais' and it hurts me to see what they are suffering........

2 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Foreigners helped with the rescue because they have had more experience in cave rescues than the Thai. If needing help you go with a team that has the most experience in the subject. Japan has special teams/equipment for rescuing people trapped under buildings as does the US  because of the many quakes Japan and California have had.  EU and US (and Nepal sherpas) have best mountain rescue because of all the climbing tourism . Brits are best at cave rescues especially if flooded. Thailand and many other countries would not have experienced teams to deal with every disaster so should never hesitate to ask for help from counties familiar with the skills needed to get the job done quickly.

You are right............ but You failed to see my point about how the Thai government could so better serve their people themselves if they weren't so selfish and funnel all the money into 'personal pockets' as is so 'widespread'.......

And it won't get better.......... Because all those 'grafters' know that they can count on the rest of the world taking care of them in a crisis (as this) so they can continue to fill their own HiSo pockets at the expense of the poor Thai's............

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Probably subjects for another post, at another time and place. The exchange of money. Gratuities. Gifts.

How do you train for the unexpected? 

Thai navy seals are as elite as their counterparts from other countries. 

Unlike the police who do a few static line jumps and profess to be paratroopers. And wear the wings.

Countries like the UK, new Zealand and Australia have vast experience in recovery like this. 

Especially the UK teams.

They all worked well together and the results speak for themselves...

Hopefully some lessons learned from the joint efforts will be used for future training.

Well done to all involved...

Correct in your comments, bare the last one

"Hopefully some lessons learned from the joint efforts"  -- unlikely, will be forgotten within this month.

Happy news for Thailand and everyone involved ! 

I want to give credit to the Thais up there who acknowledged the Brits had better knowledge of cave diving and rescue operations than they did to rescue these kids.

Yes it was a team operation but who knows what could have happened if the foreign cave divers were not there.  But I salute all of you. 

4429.jpg?w=700&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tifino said:

bathing might be interesting! onsidering anytime thet near the wateline, they'd collect more maud than they can wash off

I'd expect the poo poo could be removed, by sinking a massively long 6 inch tube, that meanders it's way downstream into the darkness - an infinite septic system

1 hour ago, balo said:

Happy news for Thailand and everyone involved ! 

I want to give credit to the Thais up there who acknowledged the Brits had better knowledge of cave diving and rescue operations than they did to rescue these kids.

Yes it was a team operation but who knows what could have happened if the foreign cave divers were not there.  But I salute all of you. 

4429.jpg?w=700&q=20&auto=format&usm=12&f

3 hours ago, tifino said:

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Correct in your comments, bare the last one

"Hopefully some lessons learned from the joint efforts"  -- unlikely, will be forgotten within this month.

I was putting my positive thoughts forward in a hope of projecting onto the powers that be here.

Hopefully the grown ups remember all the joint effort and mutual cooperation that was shared..

It would be sad if they just put signs on every cave.

Do Not Enter...

20 minutes ago, overherebc said:

One thing crossing my mind is the fact that someone in the group was calm, mature enough and good enough to keep them together mentally during 10 days of total darkness and a very frightening situation.

Who that was I won't guess. Being a team who all know each other well has played a big part as well.

True.

There has to be leaders and also followers. 

Possibly the coach was a rock of reassurance? 

Maybe one of the elder lads.

Out of if hopefully comes lifelong friendships.

Same too the rescuers. 

At a guess the leaders would be the ones with most experience of the type of rescue undertaken. 

The followers hopefully remember who it was that showed them the way, and what they showed them.

So that if... there is a next time, they can implement the rescue strategy needed.

Or know to pick up the phone and call their new found friends, straight away and ask for assistance. 

Edited by dallen52
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

True.

There has to be leaders and also followers. 

At a guess the leaders would be the ones with most experience of the type of rescue undertaken. 

The followers hopefully remember who it was that showed them the way, and what they showed them.

So that if... there is a next time, they can implement the rescue strategy needed.

Or know to pick up the phone and call their new found friends, straight away and ask for assistance. 

I was actually talking about the kids, not the rescue teams.