Work permit and help

I'm considering going to labour office on behalf of my Thai partner.

She works in tour company spa/massage for Chinese. 

She needs to return home to take care of sick mother and son for 10 days.  Company makes employee find replacement and she needs to pay 1000 baht per day to the replacement to take her days off although my partner will still get her usual salary of around 200 baht.  So it's costing her 800 baht a day to be away from her work. A strict policy on making workers not take time off Is this ok in Thailand? Or the labour office will help you think? 

8 hours ago, stud858 said:

I'm considering going to labour office on behalf of my Thai partner.

She works in tour company spa/massage for Chinese. 

She needs to return home to take care of sick mother and son for 10 days.  Company makes employee find replacement and she needs to pay 1000 baht per day to the replacement to take her days off although my partner will still get her usual salary of around 200 baht.  So it's costing her 800 baht a day to be away from her work. A strict policy on making workers not take time off Is this ok in Thailand? Or the labour office will help you think? 

Your partner may fall into a bit of a grey area since her employment could be considered informal (no contract and no taxes being paid)

The labor protection ace has many clauses that should make it possible for them to make a complaint the Labor Ministry but they could be other problems that could come up for them.

See: http://www.thailawonline.com/en/others/labour-law/rights-and-duties-of-employer-and-employee.html

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your partner may fall into a bit of a grey area since her employment could be considered informal (no contract and no taxes being paid)

The labor protection ace has many clauses that should make it possible for them to make a complaint the Labor Ministry but they could be other problems that could come up for them.

See: http://www.thailawonline.com/en/others/labour-law/rights-and-duties-of-employer-and-employee.html

Thanks. Info Sounds about right. Many Thai's doing it tough and the richer Thai taking advantage of them without any compassion.  although I think the company in this situation is thai-Chinese. 

The labour office should put a stop  to such practices.  But the culture is very old and stuck in its ways. I guess the only option is to take the next opportunity that is better and vote with feet. 

Have a rippa day everyone. 

Got 6 days, but at the end got my salary: just told the owner the magic word: " Labour office" and all went smoothly. The strange things that he doesn't cancel yet my work permit cause he want me back there....i know why essentialy: noone will stay in a place like that for 20.000 thb and his behaviour. I told him, if you want me bacj salary should me minimum 50.000 thb....