Trapped boys could be rescued THIS WEEK, says Chiang Rai governor

webfact

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Forget drilling IMO,  instead of talking about the full head gear available for underwater diving, get the bloody things there right away and stick on the boys heads and get em out.

So they still don't have them 

As we know there's a lot of bad reports here, because one post mentioned they had them 

If they don't they will not be able to practice in them before the rains, & would have to be forced to use a mouth piece which would make them panic more as it is a different breathing technique to get used to

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

So they still don't have them 

As we know there's a lot of bad reports here, because one post mentioned they had them 

If they don't they will not be able to practice in them before the rains, & would have to be forced to use a mouth piece which would make them panic more as it is a different breathing technique to get used to

So right there used on oil rigs apparently, I'm so angry, why ain't the right equipment for easier rescue on it's way,  I 'd really like to know whose backside to kick. 

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Ape said:

I just read that they can hear dogs barking on the surface, this raises the possibility of an 'secret' hole on the surface. Anyone else read this?

It would be at least 6hrs old if true

34 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

So right there used on oil rigs apparently, I'm so angry, why ain't the right equipment for easier rescue on it's way,  I 'd really like to know whose backside to kick. 

Kwasaki

Wife just told me that they actually had the masks all along

The reason for the May Day call was that one of the kids was to small for the sourced masks so they May Dayed for a smaller one & now have

3 hours ago, jerry921 said:

If they choose to try to dive them out, they'll begin by taking them out one at a time. If they have a serious problem, they'll stop trying to take them out that way and fall back to the other schemes. Sadly, there are still ways they could lose a large number of them: cave-ins, or completely flooding of their location. If the area starts to fill up with water, they're going to have to take them out by diving ready or not and could lose a lot of them.

This is why I think it's so important to get a 4" drill shaft down to their cave, even if it's not possible to follow that up with a 20" rescue shaft. Even if water absolutely pours into that area, with a pipe in from the surface they could force in air to counter the pressure and create a life-sustaining air pocket.

Oh there slow and slower. Terrible command post. Joke

These kids really do not need to be stuck in an Isolation Room with no visitors after their ordeal.Sure give them a good check over and 1 night in a Hospital but then give the their families and loved one, along with a mountain of KFC, and gallons of Coke.

They will have endured enough in their young lives

The Army Doctor that is now in situ with the kids was reported on UK TV News Channels to have taken 6 Hours to reach the kids.

6 Hours diving for a professional diver tells me that the guys have a monumental task in front of them to get the kids out.

Be brave and strong all of you

10 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

The Army Doctor that is now in situ with the kids was reported on UK TV News Channels to have taken 6 Hours to reach the kids.

6 Hours diving for a professional diver tells me that the guys have a monumental task in front of them to get the kids out.

Be brave and strong all of you

Possibly the Dr was also bringing in extra medical and other supplies, this could account for the lengthy swim.

Guess this is one problem we have here on TVF, the stories and updates are so misjointed and conflicting you wouldn't know what is really going on. 

4 hours ago, BEVUP said:

So all this talk about drilling

8/900 mtrs through loose rock & dirt 

I'm no expert on drilling but what would the equations be & the size of rig needed to drill a 20" hole

You need a pretty substantial rig to drill a 20" hole, then you would need to "line" the hole with steel pipe, the weight of the line pipe alone is going to be >250,000 lbs ~

The drilling is all doable, the problem is where to put the rig and the logistics of getting it there! It was easy in Chile, it was flat, here we are talking about a mountain! The ground would need to support the weight of the rig + 250,000 lbs !

PTT drilling have been part of the team since day one, I'm sure they will have been looking into this, with the resources they have sure it could be done if it comes to that, my thoughts are they will bring them out via the tunnel.

I served in Afghanistan Iraq and also worked as private security attachment in Iraq to.the wealthy. You not need speak of what you have no knowledge of. I will not be entertaining you. Enjoy your posting

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Forget drilling IMO,  instead of talking about the full head gear available for underwater diving, get the bloody things there right away and stick on the boys heads and get em out.

I really would like to hear an answer to my  question about location devices instead of the question just being dismissed without being addressed. IMO there's no downside to working that angle with a separate team. I think there's enough value in a 4" pipe, which can be drilled quickly by something easily airlifted in with a helicopter, to make it worthwhile even if there's no follow-up envisioned with a big drill or shaft rescue.

In the case of the Chilean rescue, the drill rig that won the race was the Schramm T130xd. It is indeed too large to be brought in by helicopter, in fact, only the Russians have airlift (planes) large enough to haul it's 130,000 lbs. I had the size of the hole it drilled wrong, it was a 28" hole. The entire hole was not lined with pipe, only the first few meters. It did not drill straight down, due to the danger of collapsing the area the miners were in if it had been directly over it. So there would be some small flexibility in choosing a location to set it up in if they had one available. Due to its size, and the fact that the Russians haven't been helping, it's probably only an option if there's already one somewhere in SE asia that could be driven there, just as it was an option in Chile because it was already in-country when the collapse occurred.

Still, if all these issues, and others that have been mentioned, could be surmounted, it took from Sept 5 when the T130 was made operational until Oct 9 for it to drill the hole out to 28", and that's faster than waiting for october.

I should note that there are probably other big drill rigs somewhere in SE asia that have similar capabilities, it needn't be exactly this same model. But that's the sort of heavy equipment you're looking at for a big hole.

1 minute ago, Mattd said:

Just read the very sad news that one of the Thai divers has died, no further updates as yet.

RIP, your loss is hopefully not in vain.

Not up to par. They need the USA seal team as I said sorry 

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

An uncalled for comment IMO, EVERYBODY there is making a supreme effort to rescue these boys, they know the risks and unfortunately one brave person has just paid the supreme price, please have some compassion for his family, it is very difficult situation just been made worse.

7 minutes ago, Mattd said:

An uncalled for comment IMO, EVERYBODY there is making a supreme effort to rescue these boys, they know the risks and unfortunately one brave person has just paid the supreme price, please have some compassion for his family, it is very difficult situation just been made worse.

Here we go. I tired of herring it. Not a well managed command post. SAY as you wish. My condolences to the diver. But this is not there specialty 

4 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Very sad, no way can they bring the group out by diving(my opinion) praying for the group to survive this terrible situation!

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Pure bullshit. They  can all make it thwy have will and all they need to do is breathe and not panic. This should have been underway to mentally prepare them 2 days ago. Yes l have experience and this op has been a bitvof a mess. Unfortunately they are running out of time. Good Luck god bless

9 minutes ago, Media1 said:

Unfair comment about Thai SEALs (I guess that is who you are referring to). SEALs do have specific capabilities in many areas but they their capabilities are limited when compared to cave diving and the proven experience of the British team who helped out here. The Thai SEALs "may not be" as well trained as others from more advanced nations but they do their best. And also there are many other advanced nation's SEALs on site - the USA SEAL team (despite how good they maybe) is NOT the be all and end all!!

A little touch of jingoism seems to be raising it's ugly head here?

Here we go. I tired of herring it. Not a well managed command post. SAY as you wish. My condolences to the diver. But this is not there specialty 
Not many there are qualified to undergo a very difficult cave rescue, you can't expect a few to do all of the work it's just not possible, they need to get experienced cave rescue divers to the cave quickly!!

2 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Where were they 2 days ago when they were successfully discovered?

I am sorry you said that too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the same quality and 12 lives are at risk..l served with USA teams. THE best there is. No I not sorry 

1 minute ago, lvr181 said:

Unfair comment about Thai SEALs (I guess that is who you are referring to). SEALs do have specific capabilities in many areas but they their capabilities are limited when compared to cave diving and the proven experience of the British team who helped out here. The Thai SEALs "may not be" as well trained as others from more advanced nations but they do their best. And also there are many other advanced nation's SEALs on site - the USA SEAL team (despite how good they maybe) is NOT the be all and end all!!

A little touch of jingoism seems to be raising it's ugly head here?

Black and White no time for THAINESS 

Pure bullshit. They  can all make it thwy have will and all they need to do is breathe and not panic. This should have been underway to mentally prepare them 2 days ago. Yes l have experience and this op has been a bitvof a mess. Unfortunately they are running out of time. Good Luck god bless
I didn't realise it's that easy after being trapped and in darkness for close to 2 weeks, you only need to look at the lads to know they are mentally and physically drained, don't panic are you crazy to say that, they are children not hardened adults!!

Not many there are qualified to undergo a very difficult cave rescue, you can't expect a few to do all of the work it's just not possible, they need to get experienced cave rescue divers to the cave quickly!!

2 more are/have flown in (from .......... don’t matter really.).
Let’s just hope the outcome is positive, that’s all that counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived