Outside The Cave, Meet Those Giving All For Strangers

webfact

Outside The Cave, Meet Those Giving All For Strangers

By Jintamas Saksornchai, Staff Reporter

S__16253249-696x464.jpg

Volunteers help public workers put sand and dry soil Sunday on top of the muddy road leading to Luang Khun Nam Nang Non cave in Chiang Rai province.

CHIANG RAI — They might not risk their lives diving deep into black waters, but the uncelebrated efforts of a small army of volunteers have fed, sheltered and soothed those on the front line.

While the details of how 12 young footballers and their coach will be rescued remain elusive, the work continues not only for those trying to bring the boys back, but also those who’ve emptied their meager pockets to make everyone else’s jobs a little bit easier.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/featured/2018/07/04/outside-the-cave-meet-those-giving-all-for-strangers/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-07-05
  • Thanks 2

Yes this truly one of those , Incredible storys , and will be remembered and refered to for years to come..The '' Lucky 13''...Kudos to all who have taken time to help...Amazing Thailand yet again...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just making an observation that Thailand has good relationship with many of the 54 or so Arab/Muslim countries around the world but none has offered assistance in anyway, none from the middle east, not even a pretend to want to come and help, except one,... so by now Thailand should have an inkling as to who are their friends in need and deed....

Quite so.

It would be good for others to remember this.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

"...“barbers” were brought in to keep police officers’ hair at the new regulation length after many days on duty."

Great respect for all the volunteers, but seriously?

This is very easy to believe, they are more interested in appearances, and wearing ribbons, etc on their uniforms and their fancy ranks, than actually doing their jobs. 

This all goes back to all the nonsense of when they were kids at school and having different uniforms on certain days of the week, the younger boys having to get their heads shaved, and the girls having their hair cut up in line with the bottom of their ears, all the shows and marches they do.

All this is more important than their actual education.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Just making an observation that Thailand has good relationship with many of the 54 or so Arab/Muslim countries around the world but none has offered assistance in anyway, none from the middle east, not even a pretend to want to come and help, except one,... so by now Thailand should have an inkling as to who are their friends in need and deed....

Seriously?

That is your take away from this?

Of the 160 odd nations from around the world, only very few (I counted 3, but it may be 5 or 6) sent any form of help!

Maybe due to the fact, that Thailand is not really known to ask for help from others, maybe due to other reasons!

But of course, someone couldn't help himself and make this a "Muslim vs Rest of the World"- issue!

To quote the great American philosopher DJ Trump: "Sad!"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DM07 said:

Seriously?

Of the 160 odd nations from around the world, only very few (I counted 3, but it may be 5 or 6) sent any form of help!

Maybe due to the fact, that Thailand is not really known to ask for help from others, maybe due to other reasons!

But of course, someone couldn't help himself and make this a "Muslim vs Rest of the World"- issue!

Agreed. The poster has a strong hatred for all Muslims. He continually posts support for the Israeli soldiers killing Palestine women and children

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DM07 said:

Seriously?

U on the juice again dm07...keep politics out of this ...

28 minutes ago, yrag said:

U on the juice again dm07...keep politics out of this ...

...aha...?

Don't tell me, what I have to do!

And maybe read the post I answered to!

Edited by DM07

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

...aha...?

Don't tell me, what I have to do!

And maybe read the post I answered to!

Knucklehead u Slammed my President....i not appreciate that....your remarks...u not care about the boys...only spewing your hatred.

11 hours ago, yrag said:

Knucklehead u Slammed my President....i not appreciate that....your remarks...u not care about the boys...only spewing your hatred.

As usual: your posts are confusing...at best!

Oh...and I don't give two hot $4!ts about "your president"!

Freedom of speech, snowflake!

• Like 1