Trump says Kim 'sees different future' for North Korea

webfact

6 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

rather than guess do you think it is better to see what the actual outcome is?

As I recall, not too long ago, lots of right wingers were calling on Trump to be awarded a Nobel Prize just for the meeting. I didn't even know that there was a Nobel Prize for event planning.

A correction: Apparently it wasn't just right wingers who believed Trump should be awarded a Nobel Prize. In fact, it was everyone:

Donald Trump says 'everyone' thinks he should get Nobel Peace prize - but he just wants 'victory for the world'

Last week a group of 18 of Mr Trump's biggest Republican supporters in Congress formally nominated Mr Trump for the prestigious award.

Some 18 members of the House of Representatives sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee urging it to consider Mr Trump for next year's award in recognition of "his tireless work to bring peace to our world".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/09/donald-trump-says-everyone-thinks-should-get-nobel-peace-prize/

whose post are you replying to? since your content does not answer my question.

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

whose post are you replying to? since your content does not answer my question.

Well, it seems the point of your question is to impeach the suitability of figuring out the possibility of Trump's success. Why shouldn't we comment when it's clear that this whole venture is clearly ludicrous? If you see that a train wreck is about to occur, are you obliged to keep quiet until it actually happens?  What's more,  this meeting was actually harmful in that it helped North Korea in return for nothing. Trump actually said that he wasn't even asked to suspend military exercises. He volunteered that one.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Well, it seems the point of your question is to impeach the suitability of figuring out the possibility of Trump's success. Why shouldn't we comment when it's clear that this whole venture is clearly ludicrous? If you see that a train wreck is about to occur, are you obliged to keep quiet until it actually happens?  What's more,  this meeting was actually harmful in that it helped North Korea in return for nothing. Trump actually said that he wasn't even asked to suspend military exercises. He volunteered that one.

it is not a trick question nor one that implies hidden meaning or agenda.

1 minute ago, atyclb said:

it is not a trick question nor one that implies hidden meaning or agenda.

The answer seemed so obvious that I thought some sort of political agenda was behind it. Come to think of it, I still do.

32 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

As I recall, not too long ago, lots of right wingers were calling on Trump to be awarded a Nobel Prize just for the meeting. I didn't even know that there was a Nobel Prize for event planning.

A correction: Apparently it wasn't just right wingers who believed Trump should be awarded a Nobel Prize. In fact, it was everyone:

Donald Trump says 'everyone' thinks he should get Nobel Peace prize - but he just wants 'victory for the world'

Last week a group of 18 of Mr Trump's biggest Republican supporters in Congress formally nominated Mr Trump for the prestigious award.

Some 18 members of the House of Representatives sent a letter to the Norwegian Nobel Committee urging it to consider Mr Trump for next year's award in recognition of "his tireless work to bring peace to our world".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/05/09/donald-trump-says-everyone-thinks-should-get-nobel-peace-prize/

"The U.S leader was nominated by two members of Norway’s governing Progress Party, according to state broadcaster NRK."   By BLOOMBERG 

June 13, 2018

http://fortune.com/2018/06/13/trump-nobel-peace-prize/

my personal philosophy is to take everything with a grain of salt. if positive results occur then fine, if not ces la vie

trump may seem pompous and arrogant but what matters is the result

it would seem he did a lot better than me since i dont have my own boeing 757, do you, or anyone on this forum? 

17 minutes ago, atyclb said:

"The U.S leader was nominated by two members of Norway’s governing Progress Party, according to state broadcaster NRK."   By BLOOMBERG 

June 13, 2018

my personal philosophy is to take everything with a grain of salt. if positive results occur then fine, if not ces la vie

it would seem he did a lot better than me since i dont have my own boeing 757, do you, or anyone on this forum? 

I feel sorry for you if you think that a successful life is made up of wealth and 'things', according to his ghost writer he is a lonely man looking for confirmation and admiration and as we can all tell, despite having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth he has no class, he speaks like a road sweeper and has the manners of one.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Yes, it was a stroke of genius on his part to be born to a fabulously wealthy father. As a financial analyst pointed out, if Trump had just invested his inheritance in index funds, he'd be worth about 3 billion dollars today. The man's a genius.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-donald-trump-got-rich-2016-3

he inherited about 50 million

21 minutes ago, soalbundy said:
46 minutes ago, atyclb said:

June 13, 2018

I feel sorry for you if you think that a successful life is made up of wealth and 'things', according to his ghost writer he is a lonely man looking for confirmation and admiration and as we can all tell, despite having been born with a silver spoon in his mouth he has no class, he speaks like a road sweeper and has the manners of one.

so maybe he is a lonely man looking for confirmation and admiration

in the real world my son, money is considered a factor in success.

what would you say to the road sweeper whose goal in life was to become a road sweeper?

Edited by atyclb

6 minutes ago, atyclb said:

I haven't the time to look up an exact calculator but here is an article that says what one dollar would be invested in an index in 1966

"If you had invested $1 in the S&P 500 on Jan. 1, 1966, and reinvested all dividends (and somehow endured no costs), then you would have ended up with $102.17 at the end of market trading on Dec. 31, 2015."

So 3 billion doesn't seem like an unreasonable figure if 50 million had been invested in 1974

• Thanks 1

what would you say to the road sweeper whose goal in life was to become a road sweeper?

I would say are you happy ? I f he answers yes then he has made a success of life, just the opposite of Trump. 

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

It also depends on how low you're willing to go. Does Trump University ring any bells?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I would say are you happy ? I f he answers yes then he has made a success of life, just the opposite of Trump. 

since you maligned trump by saying he speaks like and has the manners of a road sweeper

what precisely does a road sweeper speak like and are they ill mannered?

assuming road sweepers speak poorly and have bad manners i suppose you could tell the road sweeper "did you know you speak and act  just like the president.

22 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

It also depends on how low you're willing to go. Does Trump University ring any bells?

it would seem the clinton crime syndicate (influence for sale) did  a lot better than trump university

since you maligned trump by saying he speaks like and has the manners of a road sweeper

assuming road sweepers speak poorly and have bad manners i suppose you could tell the road sweeper "did you know you speak and act  just like the president.

What about what about. Turn off the Fox and you would know Hillary isn't president.

Post error. Was replying to the post about the Clinton foundation.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
19 minutes ago, atyclb said:

What about what about. Turn off the Fox and you would know Hillary isn't president.

Post error. Was replying to the post about the Clinton foundation.

clinton foundation stuff is unrelated to hillary's non presidency. it has a life of its own.

im not saying trump university absolutely is not a scam or corrupt.

i am saying it is crystal clear (to many but not all) what the clinton foundation did and how clintons got very wealthy.

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
25 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Fair point. Road sweepers do honest work and contribute to society. The current president is a toxic force of chaos and destruction. It's not fair to associate road sweepers with that.

is it fair to say a significant % of usa population think the president is working and contributing to society and not a toxic force of chaos and destruction?

would it be ok to tell the road sweeper that he/she is ill mannered and speaks like a low life? since that was the inference from the other poster

1 hour ago, atyclb said:

clinton foundation stuff is unrelated to hillary's non presidency. it has a life of its own.

im not saying trump university absolutely is not a scam or corrupt.

i am saying it is crystal clear (to many but not all) what the clinton foundation did and how clintons got very wealthy.

but but but but but but but but but but hillary & bill

Edited by bristolboy
  • Haha 1

And now back to the topic which is Trump says Kim sees different future for north korea"

THIS JUST IN!!!

?North Korea accused the U.S. of a “gangster-like demand for denuclearization,” even as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo called talks productive"

• Like 1

North Korea Calls U.S. Attitude During Talks With Pompeo ‘Regrettable’

PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea accused the Trump administration on Saturday of pushing a “unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization” and called it “deeply regrettable,” hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said his two days of talks in the North Korean capital were “productive.”

Despite North Korea’s criticism, its Foreign Ministry said leader Kim Jong-un still wanted to build on the “friendly relationship and trust” forged with President Trump during their summit meeting in Singapore on June 12. The ministry also said Mr. Kim had written a personal letter to Mr. Trump, which was handed to Mr. Pompeo to deliver.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/world/asia/mike-pompeo-north-korea-pyongyang.html

3 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

North Korea Calls U.S. Attitude During Talks With Pompeo ‘Regrettable’

PYONGYANG, North Korea — North Korea accused the Trump administration on Saturday of pushing a “unilateral and gangster-like demand for denuclearization” and called it “deeply regrettable,” hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said his two days of talks in the North Korean capital were “productive.”

Despite North Korea’s criticism, its Foreign Ministry said leader Kim Jong-un still wanted to build on the “friendly relationship and trust” forged with President Trump during their summit meeting in Singapore on June 12. The ministry also said Mr. Kim had written a personal letter to Mr. Trump, which was handed to Mr. Pompeo to deliver.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/07/world/asia/mike-pompeo-north-korea-pyongyang.html

well guess its all over. the effort the time the attempted diplomacy

wait a second, didnt the meeting seem doomed at one point?

its really amazing how some posters here fail to take that into consideration when making their doomsday predictions.

Despite North Korea’s criticism

Kim Yong Chol, dictator Kim Jong Un's top adviser and North Korea's former spy chief said to Pompeo:

"We did have very serious discussion on very important matters yesterday," .. "So thinking about those discussions you might have not slept well last night."

Pompeo didn't seem all too pleased with Kim's forwardness, however.

State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert said, "There's a lot of hard work to be done. We never thought it was going to be easy."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/tension-display-pompeo-meets-kim-yong-chol-set/story?id=56422381

I think more accurately, "We never thought."

5 minutes ago, bristolboy said:
9 minutes ago, atyclb said:

well guess its all over. the effort the time the attempted diplomacy

wait a second, didnt the meeting seem doomed at one point?

its really amazing how some posters here fail to take that into consideration when making their doomsday predictions.

What's amazing to me was how some posters celebrated the almost nothing that resulted from that meeting. And it would have been nothing except the benefits that Kim got from it..

deflecting is one way to avoid a direct reply

Which is why I didn't do it. Who cares about that farce of a meeting? It's clear it was a very bad idea for POTUS to go to a preliminary meeting, a prelude to negotiations. Now his prestige is on the line. And sure enough Trump is already spinning away. Advantage Kim.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Which is why I didn't do it. Who cares about that farce of a meeting? It's clear it was a very bad idea for POTUS to go to a preliminary meeting, a prelude to negotiations. Now his prestige is on the line. And sure enough Trump is already spinning away. Advantage Kim.

time will tell