Baht bus co-op to aid police in songthaew crackdown

Rimmer

image.png

PATTAYA:--The new head of the Pattaya Baht Bus Co-operative launched a committee tasked with investigating drivers violating traffic rules.

Sutab Sukuojai laid out his plans and policies to members and Banglamung District officials at a June 28 meeting at the co-op’s Pattaya office.

The new chairman said he will help the army and police crackdown on drivers parking illegally, not using bus stops and straying from assigned routes.

Sutab vowed that those found guilty will be suspended from driving and face license revocation for repeat offenses.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-07-06
  • Haha 1

When I read that headline I thought they are cracking down on the songtaew drivers in Chiangmai who attacked a grab driver and passenger

(sorry, can't get the font smaller)

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts corrected

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

the bus stop is inconvenient for where people want on and off 

and jomtien second road have bus stop but no bus 

The government need better planning for this before crack down 

They get lost when crackdowns last more than 24 hours, no organisation, no common sense.

A related question I've been wondering about: Are there laws that prevent an entrepreneur who owns a baht bus vehicle from creating his own route to extend the baht bus network if he thinks there is sufficient demand along a new route?

First off you have to find a Pattaya police officer prepared to get off his a#se and do the job he is paid to do, I mean lets face it the Govt. brought in legislation last year banning the riding in the back of pickups, what happened they relented till after Songran then it was forgotten about or they realized they didn't have enough cops to enforce the law. So if the police can't get it right in Thailand what hope is there for a corruption riddled police force in Pattaya