Don’t Blame Boys’ Coach: Thainet, Families, Officials

webfact

1 minute ago, DM07 said:

That is your ...are you serious?

Going into and underground cave in the middle of the rainy season is the same as the roof of cinema collapsing?

General consensus says, that is absolute nonsense!

I am not the one trying to derail this topic!

1 minute ago, vogie said:

I am not the one trying to derail this topic!

The topic is the responsibility of the coach!

Having another opinion from your opinion is not "derailing the topic"!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DM07 said:

That story has been proven false by now!

That was the headcoach, who was informed by the parents, but could not get into the caves anymore, as they were flooded already!

Never saw that.

News changes constantly so we are probably wise to not to comment such as I did.

The  sign at entrance says July not enter ( Warning ) , they went in June 23rd...why crucify the coach . Maybe coach was a  little  stupid for taking in there in the first place, ..Their were NO intent of harm….But He saved them...Just think what if he had not been there? ? He is presently the one in  the worse condition, gave all food and water to the boys. He saved those boys lives, , further more officials should have Gated the entrance  knowing the risk long ago…They be the ones should be held accountable...

Since this was an organized activity, what was the process of informing parents of this outing? Is the culture so casual and informal, that people in supervisory roles can just make unilateral decisions and abscond with one's child? The coach is nothing but a product of his environment and the culture. The bigger issue is looking at accountability at multiple levels

This issue/event is very different than four friends going off and drowning in a pond (quite common here and parents unaware where their kids are/inherent dangers) 

It would be interesting to know if any kids elected not to go on the outing and why? 

I hope they do a thorough analysis so they can learn from it, turn it into a teaching tool and prevent other tragedies. 

1 minute ago, BangkokSausage said:

"The timing was millions to one, and yet it happened "

lol you would make a lousy bookie . a million to one that there would be heavy rain around beginning rainy season? try 5 to 1 max !!! 

Maybe the coach had no training as a bookmaker.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its perplexing why a football team would want to walk 7km inside the bowels of a mountain when they should be kicking balls and practising set pieces.

I read about in it in western media, cant remember which one but do remember it was some type of "ceremony" where they go into the bowels and deal with the fear to write there names on a wall.

Idiotic if its a true but it does start to make a bit of sense ,after all they didn't go there to have a picnic lunch

edit

http://uk.businessinsider.com/thai-cave-team-got-trapped-during-initiation-ceremony-gone-wrong-diver-says-2018-7

Edited by BangkokSausage

5 hours ago, BangkokSausage said:

I read about in it in western media, cant remember which one but do remember it was some type of "ceremony" where they go into the bowels and deal with the fear to write there names on a wall.

Idiotic if its a true but it does start to make a bit of sense ,after all they didn't go there to have a picnic lunch

Kids going into caves and writing their name on the wall , how extraordinary .

5 hours ago, eldragon said:

The cave shouldve been closed by the government during rainy season, just like all the mountainous hiking trails. Theres your blame.

*I Blame the Government *

Every cave in the World cannot be closed off during rainy season

6 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Its perplexing why a football team would want to walk 7km inside the bowels of a mountain when they should be kicking balls and practising set pieces.

Are you mad ?

Going into that cave has quite possible gotton them to a World Cup final in Moscow

I read somewhere it was one of the kids' birthdays and they wanted to go, as well as about the initiation ritual. It's also reputed to be a haunted cave... kids love getting themselves into these kind of scrapes. I suspect this was far from an organised activity, more likely the kids were pestering to go and the coach agreed and went along to supervise them.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Going into that cave has quite possible gotton them to a World Cup final in Moscow

I really hope they make it out safely and it happens. The worldwide support for these kids is incredible, just saw Jurgen Klopp's heartfelt video message too. You'll never walk alone! 

12 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

it's a tunnel vision mentality combined with a lack of acountability/lost of face culture...

I agree with those assertions.  And later if somebody blames him publicly he will probably sue for hurting his character.  Sadly, I bet the full story will never come out as to why the heck they went so far in?  Did they even have flashlights?  I saw kids in flip flops and bare feet. Did they have any foot wear even remotely appropriate for walking in a dark cave?  Did they get lost and totally disoriented and just kept going?  I hope the older kids can speak freely when this is over and they get out

• Like 1