Idris Elba Cast as Villain in Hobbs and Shaw Fast & Furious Spinoff

snoop1130

Idris Elba Cast as Villain in Hobbs and Shaw Fast & Furious Spinoff

BY KYLIE HEMMERT

IEFNF-768x440.jpg

Variety is reporting that Golden Globe winner Idris Elba (Beasts of No Nation, Luther, Avengers: Infinity War) is joining the cast of the Fast and Furious spinoff Hobbs and Shaw opposite Dwayne Johnson (Skyscraper) and Jason Statham (The Meg) as the movie’s villain. The project, which centers on the pair of characters from the main film franchise, is set to arrive in theaters on August 2, 2019.

The only details that have been released so far on Elba’s character is that he will serve as the antagonist that Hobbs and Shaw will have to team up against. Elba’s newest project, the comedy series Turn Up Charlie, is currently in pre-production. 

Full Story: http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/956033-idris-elba-cast-as-villain-in-hobbs-and-shaw-fast-furious-spinoff

Watched him in a couple of movies now and a TV series.  Despite the acclaim, I'm not at all impressed.  His accent is  forced , false and irritating, he can't act his way out of a paper bag, Seems to me he's been hyped up way beyond his talent. Just watch 'Luther' on Netflix and see what I mean.