British backpacker Calvin Hill 'stuck' in Cambodia

geovalin

A British backpacker who got sepsis after a mosquito bite has been stuck in a hospital in Cambodia for more than two months, his family has said.

Calvin Hill, 27, from Ammanford, Carmarthenshire, came out of a coma and has been declared fit to fly by hospital staff, according to relatives.

They want him home soon amid concern his condition could deteriorate. But his insurer Flexicover said it did not want to put Mr Hill at any "unnecessary risk".

read more https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44726136

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 07/07

He seems to have aged a lot looking at the pics of him in hospital, hopefully he'll recover enough to travel to Thailand for additional treatment then home. I think this is a good advert for the insurance company in genuinely looking after the welfare of it's customer,  Flexicover.

I know this is off topic but I found it quite funny as I'm from this area and it's reported on the same BBC web page as above although it looks like the are 2 calves to me. Regularly saw sheep in a car but 1st time for cows.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-44750013

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, nausea said:

Well, this is a weird one, no crowdfunding appeal and a philanthropic insurance company. Anyway, the guy seems over the crisis point, so hopefully he'll make a full recovery.

The insurer is not being philanthropic, it is simply a case of a traveller having current insurance and making a legitimate claim.  It happens all the time.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:28 AM, jerry921 said:

If two months in a Cambodia hospital doesn't kill you I don't see how a flight home would.

Absolutely.  Cambodian hospitals are some of the most dangerous places to be in when it comes to S.E.A.

2 hours ago, chingching said:

"The state of Calvin's foot is unbelievable - it's quite a big hole where he had the infection - like the size of a 2p piece," she added.

"It has gone black and now the skin has died on it.  

Seems perfectly fine to me.

Thats your luck if you cant leave it alone just like a sprog