Trapped 13 express their feelings in first letters from cave

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I devoutly hope the parents' words have helped lift Ake's spirits at least a little. Not only has he been listed as having weakened the most of all but his face is full of deep misery and shame. Officials have expressed fear he might even be suicidal. May he overcome this. He needs better spirits if he is to survive the extraction.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sheryl - I fully share your concern - and it is heart-breaking ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eligius said:
5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I devoutly hope the parents' words have helped lift Ake's spirits at least a little. Not only has he been listed as having weakened the most of all but his face is full of deep misery and shame. Officials have expressed fear he might even be suicidal. May he overcome this. He needs better spirits if he is to survive the extraction.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sheryl - I fully share your concern - and it is heart-breaking ...

i give him credit for admitting a mistake and being accountable.  he should be the role model for all of society.

he will enroll in monk university 101 and all will be forgiven and forgotten, fast.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, atyclb said:

i give him credit for admitting a mistake and being accountable.  he should be the role model for all of society.

he will enroll in monk university 101 and all will be forgiven and forgotten, fast.

Here is some new information regarding the coach...

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/teammates-didnt-ill-fated-hike-thailand-cave-dont-171004386--abc-news-topstories.html

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sheryl said:
58 minutes ago, atyclb said:

I very, very much doubt he will ever forget.

agree although society at large forgets

Yep, this is the reaction from the parents that I was waiting for, and hoped they would stand behind the coach for taking care of their children.

Another right, so now all that blamed the coach and said it was his fault can put a sock in it too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Speaking as a ship captain, I'd say that is a poor analogy. This is more akin to a rogue wave or unforseen hazard to be dealt with. Doesn't mean you're not ultimately responsible to ensure a good outcome but it does mean the situation was not borne of negligence. 

Shhh, you're not meant to be talking sense here.

50 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:
3 hours ago, atyclb said:

an analogy if i may, a boat captain that sees the adverse weather, pending storm yet decides to start the voyage as to not let down all the passengers wanting to have fun snorkeling 

Speaking as a ship captain, I'd say that is a poor analogy. This is more akin to a rogue wave or unforeseen hazard to be dealt with. Doesn't mean you're not ultimately responsible to ensure a good outcome but it does mean the situation was not born of negligence.

"Somjing Boontham, 50, the captain of the Phoenix, has been charged with reckless conduct causing deaths and injuries, and reckless conduct causing physical and mental harm to others"

reportedly other boats heeded the marine warnings posted and did not leave port.

that is just my take on it as a non ship captain

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atyclb said:

"Somjing Boontham, 50, the captain of the Phoenix, has been charged with reckless conduct causing deaths and injuries, and reckless conduct causing physical and mental harm to others"

reportedly other boats heeded the marine warnings posted and did not leave port.

Yes?  I was speaking of the coach ( your inappropriate analogy tied him to the boat captain). I am unconcerned what happens to the boat captain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Yes?  I was speaking of the coach ( your inappropriate analogy tied him to the boat captain). I am unconcerned what happens to the boat captain.

That's what I thought. Now I think he has perhaps just posted in the wrong thread by mistake.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:
38 minutes ago, atyclb said:

if the coach made the decision to take the team into the cave despite the clear warning about danger and flooding and the boat captain decided to leave port with passengers despite the marine warning then why is it an inappropriate analogy?  they both put others lives at risk.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 2

A good idea for the future can be to avoid doing something as stupid as going deep in a flooded cave...

What are parents teaching in this country ? Nothing because they also know nothing ?!

Poor kids to be born in such idiot families.

Which them the best !

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

if the coach made the decision to take the team into the cave despite the clear warning about danger and flooding and the boat captain decided to leave port with passengers despite the marine warning then why is it an inappropriate analogy?  they both put others lives at risk.

They all are the same...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, atyclb said:

Your information is incorrect with respect to what warnings and dangers the coach knew of. This is the last I will comment on this as it is such a trivial matter and a distraction given the magnitude of what else is transpiring at this time.

• Haha 1

made in thailand , all this boy are really cute  and they not worry for themselves

i have 2 boy here in thai and i really feel cry when i read all the letter

hope they will get better soon

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Thanks for that.

I couldn't help but think how often this sort of "explanation" from it has cropped up in other commentaries:

"The boys, clad in their khaki school uniforms, told ABC News' Matt Gutman in an interview Friday that venturing into the cave is something of a local rite of passage"

That's not like "Hazing"......is it?

9 hours ago, jcore said:

Let them hang on to one of these, they'd be out in 1 hour. ...

You ever crawl through a tight space in a cave, even if it isn't up and down and under water with near zero visibility?  And I doubt those propeller things work real well on most of the sections that are above water.  This is not some ideal underwater river in a place where the space is huge and the water is crystal clear.  Ask your Proctologist about sending a camera up from your backside to where your intestines join your stomach. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

been well known in the local community,

major international news network interviewed classmates and community members and they are taugh growing up that it is a big no no during rainy season to enter the cave.

"The Tham Luang Nang Non caves are known locally as off-limits, a dangerous place where parents warn their children not to go into, especially during monsoon season."  

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/05/asia/thailand-cave-town-intl/index.html

Edited by atyclb

55 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

You ever crawl through a tight space in a cave, even if it isn't up and down and under water with near zero visibility?  And I doubt those propeller things work real well on most of the sections that are above water.  This is not some ideal underwater river in a place where the space is huge and the water is crystal clear.  Ask your Proctologist about sending a camera up from your backside to where your intestines join your stomach. 

a long flexible tube with a camera and light at one end is used.