UPDATE: Four boys have left the cave so far: Chiang Rai governor

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it both amazing and immensely sad the number of posters that post negatively in one way or another on something as important as this rescue, why can folks not accept that there are large numbers of vastly experienced people on site, who are dealing with a pretty unique situation in the best way they collectively see possible?

If they deemed that the best and safest way to achieve the ultimate goal of rescuing all 13 people without any further loss of life was to do this in batches, then you can be pretty certain they are right, all of the risks will have been calculated and then assessed so that they are as low as reasonably practical, no operation like this is without risk.

Hopefully today will bring further good news.

2 minutes ago, Mattd said:

I find it both amazing and immensely sad the number of posters that post negatively in one way or another on something as important as this rescue, why can folks not accept that there are large numbers of vastly experienced people on site, who are dealing with a pretty unique situation in the best way they collectively see possible?

If they deemed that the best and safest way to achieve the ultimate goal of rescuing all 13 people without any further loss of life was to do this in batches, then you can be pretty certain they are right, all of the risks will have been calculated and then assessed so that they as low as reasonably practical, no operation like this is without risk.

Hopefully today will bring further good news.

At a minimum they are certainly more likely to be right than any of us viewing this from afar.

And results so far argue for more, not less, confidence in what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

At a minimum they are certainly more likely to be right than any of us viewing this from afar.

And results so far argue for more, not less, confidence in what they are doing.

Exactly, even though I am not a diver, nor am I ever likely to be, I have worked in a professional way with hundreds over the years who are very experienced saturation divers and I'd be pretty safe in saying that not one of them would attempt this rescue, the people they have on site are 100% the right people to get this done, though one of the guys up there advising is one of those.

From my exposure to diving in a commercial sense, then I do know that some of the recovery suggestions that have been made in TVF are so far off what is possible it is untrue.

Somehow, I do not think the Coach would or will be the one making the decisions on what order they are evacuated, I would assume that that will be done by the professionals of the rescue team. And whatever their decision we have to respect that they know best, having all the circumstances at first hand.

The whole world is willing them all out, lets just keep willing and it will happen. No blame anywhere, only the highest praise for everyone involved, everyone doing the best they can according to the circumstances.

I am sticking to my theory that they are being sedated to bring them out and it therefore follows logically that the coach would be the first one out. This is because he would volunteer to be first to demonstrate to the boys that the method is safe and to reassure them prior to them having to be put under themselves. I think that anyone would be reluctant under the circumstances and the pause in the rescue gives time for the rescue team to be able to relay photos and video evidence back to the younger boys in the cave. This guy has bigger balls than a lot of you are giving him credit for.

1 hour ago, Megasin1 said:

I am sticking to my theory that they are being sedated to bring them out and it therefore follows logically that the coach would be the first one out. This is because he would volunteer to be first to demonstrate to the boys that the method is safe and to reassure them prior to them having to be put under themselves. I think that anyone would be reluctant under the circumstances and the pause in the rescue gives time for the rescue team to be able to relay photos and video evidence back to the younger boys in the cave. This guy has bigger balls than a lot of you are giving him credit for.

No need to stick to your theory anymore as I previous stated the Coach should be the last as he will function as a mental and moral support:

Eight boys and their coach remain trapped

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/09/thai-cave-rescue-enters-second-day-trapped-boys-wait-operation/

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1016229506183413760

LIVE: Briefing From Rescue Leader on Day 2 #ThaiCaveRescue #ThamLuang #ถ้ำหลวง #13ชีวิตรอดแล้ว #ทีมหมูป่าอะคาเดมี่ #พาทีมหมูป่ากลับบ้าน facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish…

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

confirmed: second rescue mission launched at 11am today.

With other words we can expect 4 more to be rescued today between 4-7pm - that would be great!

16 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

as per press conference confirmed: expect today's mission to end in 3 or 4 hours. Maybe sooner.

The best would be as yesterday to not be exposed for daylight

If they succeed today With 4 more I assume they plan to rescue the rest tomorrow (4 boys + Coach) in one GO!

1 minute ago, spacebass said:

I wonder if the boys from the richest (influential) families get out first.

Where is the ignore button…??...

from the News streaming into Australian TV;

they are keeping Mum on the names of the released, and keeping the saved boys families from visiting,

so as to not create any 'why not our boy?' syndrome amongst the families of the ones still down the hole

55 minutes ago, spacebass said:

I understand your thinking, but I would say no, as from what I read, the doctor who decides is not Thai, maybe Australian.

11 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

They should have a stupidity button.

Could tally up the hits, winner awarded Pun-ya-on of the year.

It would be a fierce competition.

The earth would have been a boring place if everyone was alike...:whistling:

1 hour ago, spacebass said:

Christ on a bike!

These boys are from a village school football team, in a rural mountain area on the northern edge of Chiang Rai. At least one of them is Akka, from a family sufficiently poor to have him cared for by a local church. Influential? Wealthy?

Did you go on a special course to learn how to make such fatuous remarks?

Archived