Royal Thai Police Bill 80% complete

webfact

Royal Thai Police Bill 80% complete

PNPOL610708001000301.jpg

BANGKOK, 9th July 2018 (NNT) – Drafting of the Royal Thai Police Bill is 80% complete according to the chairman of the drafting committee. 

Constitution Drafting Commission Chairman Meechai Ruchuphan, in his capacity as head of the Royal Thai Police Act drafting organ, has informed reporters that the drafting team is currently reviewing transitional provisions of the law which is now 80% complete. Earlier, the team decided to restructure the Police Committee, terminate the Office of the Royal Thai Police Policy Making Board, and make changes to the provisions governing police duties and investigations. 

He says the new police law will grant the public easier access to police services. 

The draft law will be presented to the cabinet for review before the end of this month, noted Meechai. 

Chairman Meechai also declined to comment on the Pheu Thai Party’s appeal against the establishment of the Palang Pracharat Party, a pro-government party led by Chuan Chuchan, and its request to have the Election Commission of Thailand probe an accusation against Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak, and the attempt by other former political figures to lure former MPs to join their side in the upcoming election. The accusation says former MPs are promised monthly salaries and/or large sums of money.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-07-09

1 hour ago, Get Real said:
2 hours ago, webfact said:

He says the new police law will grant the public easier access to police services. 

So, that means that people will not need to pay for their services, and they now understand that they have a salury from the government for doing their work?

Right, the new commercial coming soon! ACT NOW! Save 5000-10000 baht, when your stolen motorbike needs to be found! Get your coupon here!

You beat me to it!

Talking of money-saving options and coupons, perhaps a lose-two-retrieve-one-free offer might be a good promotion.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Constitution Drafting Commission Chairman Meechai Ruchuphan, in his capacity as head of the Royal Thai Police Act drafting organ

Isn't this the same head of the organ drafting the new charter?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

I hope they are writing all these laws in disposable format. This country likes a fresh set of laws and constitution at least once a decade.

I thought it was twenty years in the latest small print.

I suppose someone might claim they misheard the sell-by date quoted. Then they might be prosecuted later and threatened with pain of deaf.

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I can save u all a lot of time, halve the force, double the salary with the proviso all laws are now enforced..............see, no committee required, time taken 10 seconds my fee 10 baht

So, are you really leaving the real salury to all the people needed for teaching them to understand that??? :cheesy:

1 hour ago, kannot said:

I can save u all a lot of time, halve the force, double the salary with the proviso all laws are now enforced..............see, no committee required, time taken 10 seconds my fee 10 baht

Totally agree but would add one proviso; a shift system that means RTP work nights AND weekends.  Most drunk drivers know they would be really unlucky to run into a cop from Friday afternoon through to Monday morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry, but anything involving Meechai smacks of more authoritarian protections and arbitrary use of laws.

And it remains currently that the military controls the Royal Thai Police in all aspects:

• determines their qualifications through the highest leadership,
  • removes police with only "suspicions" without due process of law,
  • established a police culture of violating human rights supposedly protected by the Constitution and
  • established unelected Army Internal Security Operations Command (ISOC) with oversight of all police functions.

When the junta dissolves, it will leave in place substantial and "unusual influence" over the Royal Thai Police - a police force that has never resisted a military coup!

Edited by Srikcir
formatting

3 hours ago, JAG said:

I believe that the remaining discussion centres on the thorny topic of assorted informal charging systems, and measures to ensure that the proceeds "trickle up" through the complex "organ" which are RTP fiscal proceedures...

Streamlining and overhauling the existing structures, to better fit the 21st century, and improve the service to the public is all very creditable, but not without the risk that certain key groups both within the force and outside (Mercedes-benz dealerships, assorted Mia Noi and the like) will suffer. That must be addressed.

Still time for  a  last minute panic fund  supplying for  them though.

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

You beat me to it!

Talking of money-saving options and coupons, perhaps a lose-two-retrieve-one-free offer might be a good promotion.

Ive been paying them 1000 a  month for the last 6  years at my house.