Brexit Secretary David Davis has resigned - source close to Davis

webfact

4 minutes ago, tebee said:

In cases like this there is always Bo-Jo.....

Why would he want the gig when he can carp safely from the sidelines and make his moves after Brexit? It isn't going to go well no matter who is in charge, so you jump in afterwards, stab your colleagues in the back and tell the public 'I told you so...'

23 minutes ago, baboon said:

Frankly we could do worse. We are, in fact, in my opinion.

Tony Blair is too busy trying for the top job in the EU to worry about the PMs job in the UK with no power.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baboon said:

Why would he want the gig when he can carp safely from the sidelines and make his moves after Brexit? It isn't going to go well no matter who is in charge, so you jump in afterwards, stab your colleagues in the back and tell the public 'I told you so...'

I wouldn't put it past him to run for the job as the leavers champion, but if he got it, flip to remain and tell everyone about the terrible fate he'd managed to save the country from..... 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tebee said:

I wouldn't put it past him to run for the job as the leavers champion, but if he got it, flip to remain and tell everyone about the terrible fate he'd managed to save the country from..... 

Aye, he is a detestable man, right enough...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Renegade said:

Corbyn nails it

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2018/jul/09/david-davis-resigns-as-brexit-secretary-live-updates

Time for someone to step up to the mantle and get her ousted.

The top recommended ‘Reader Comment’ to the same article:

World Cup semi final and a disintegrating Conservative Government, best weekend for years.”

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Please leave off the accusations of Remainers ‘gloating’.

The only benefit Brexit has delivered to those who voted for it is a couple of years gloating.

Not strictly true - the Vote Leave leaders have benefited big time; they themselves made several hundred million on the night (remember, when Farage deliberately misled the public about No winning, all the while being aware that Yes had most likely won, in order to allow his buddies to capitalise on the market shock?).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Get Real said:

Hurray! At least there is one person that understands, one has to leave the sinking ship before it hits rock bottom. :cheesy:

got us in this mess and just like the captain of the Costa Concordia...

3 more to follow: Gove, Johnson and Smogg...

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1