Phuket boat tragedy ‘unlikely to hamper tourism’

webfact

Interesting , I can't find it , do you have a link ? 

In case you not have Facebook or can't open this link here is the copied text in Thai:

หนีห่าว! โปรแรงๆคุ้มยิ่งกว่าคุ้มค่ะ เส้นทางบินตรงสู่จีน กวางโจว เซินเจิน ฉางซา ฉงชิ่ง ฮู่ฮั่น คุนหมิง ซีอาน เฉิงตู ซัวเถา ราคาเที่ยวเดียวเร่ิมต้น 0 บาท จองเลยคลิก! http://bit.ly/2OlGD2C

สำรองที่นั่ง 30 ก.ค. 2561 - 5 ส.ค. 2561 | เดินทาง 13 ส.ค. 2561 - 30 ก.ย. 2561

โปรโมชั่นพิเศษมีจำนวนจำกัดและอาจไม่มีให้บริการในบางเที่ยวบินและบางช่วงของวันหยุดยาว ราคาบัตรโดยสารไม่รวมภาษีสนามบินและค่าธรรมเนียมต่างๆ เป็นไปตามข้อกำหนดและเงื่อนไข
  • Like 1

Looking at it from the other side, do many Thais go to China for holidays?

I think to some major tourist places they like to travel. Problem is that also Thai citizens need a visa.

I only find 2500 one way to the Chinese destinations mentioned on FB ,  I tried August.   I doubt they have many seats available , and they will not tell us which dates. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Chinese hero of Thai boat tragedy marries his sweetheart and fellow survivor
Engaged couple were holidaying in Phuket when their boat capsized
He spent 15 hours in the water and saved the life of a crewmen

A Chinese hero of Thailand’s worst tourist-related disaster in years has married his sweetheart in central China three months after the fateful
boat tragedy which could have separated them forever. Zhang Haofeng, who helped save a crew member during the boat accident that killed 47 people, was rescued after floating in the sea for 15 hours. Last weekend he married Meng Ying, who was also among the Chinese tourists on the boat that day, in a ceremony in Xinyang, Henan province. They were holidaying on the resort island of Phuket in southern Thailand when they boarded the boat Serenita on July 5 which capsized in the same storm which sank another boat, Phoenix.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2169404/chinese-hero-thai-boat-tragedy-marries-his-sweetheart-and-fellow

• Like 2

On 7/9/2018 at 12:19 PM, ezzra said:

But i sure hope it will hamper stupidity, laziness and absolute disregard for the modicum of safety and for human lives being taken everyday by the people whom we trust wit our lives..

It's one reason I don't take taxis or any form of public transport, unless absolutely necessary. Many Thais leave their lives up to fate, which is why many show a total disregard for any safety measures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinChin67 said:

Chinese hero of Thai boat tragedy marries his sweetheart and fellow survivor
Engaged couple were holidaying in Phuket when their boat capsized
He spent 15 hours in the water and saved the life of a crewmen

A Chinese hero of Thailand’s worst tourist-related disaster in years has married his sweetheart in central China three months after the fateful
boat tragedy which could have separated them forever. Zhang Haofeng, who helped save a crew member during the boat accident that killed 47 people, was rescued after floating in the sea for 15 hours. Last weekend he married Meng Ying, who was also among the Chinese tourists on the boat that day, in a ceremony in Xinyang, Henan province. They were holidaying on the resort island of Phuket in southern Thailand when they boarded the boat Serenita on July 5 which capsized in the same storm which sank another boat, Phoenix.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/2169404/chinese-hero-thai-boat-tragedy-marries-his-sweetheart-and-fellow

My wife was in China at that time of the boat sinking. There was a boat trip planned there too, but my wife and her colleagues couldn't go as the Chinese authorities banned boating on that day as the seas were too rough. There you go. 

• Like 2