Tham Luang cave rescue: Tense wait for remaining 5

webfact

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Meanwhile I really hope they have given the rescued boys their pad krapao mu by now!! Heard yesterday they were being limited to rice soup which seems excessive after a week of refeeding already.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Khao tom... the Thai equivalent of chicken soup. It worked wonders for me when I was flattened by Dengue and seems to be the only choice when recuperating in a local hospital but pretty sure they will be getting their pad krapao mu soon enough.

PS. Regarding the lads already in hospital, I read that, "One of the boys appeared to have lung inflammation, and another was admitted with a slowed heart rate but both are improving, said Dr. Jedsada Chokedamrongsook, the permanent secretary of the Thai Health Ministry."

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Which would identify the kid

Also maybe sun 

Why did the Chiang Rai Governor loose his job?

A. They apparently shuffle these Gov Administrators every year

He stopped some projects and decided, the money could be spent better for the public welfare ....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

And who among us has never jumped over a fence with a "no trespassing" sign?

i personally think the coach deserves some serious slack, but to address this comment i can only say i personally have never jumped a no trespassing sign, skiied off piste, flown an ultralight, or jumped from a plane with 12 children on my back.

your analogy is spurious if not completely ridiculous

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

He stopped some projects and decided, the money could be spent better for the public welfare ....

Could be a lot more involved than just this,   But if that was the only reason it could be he stopped a small gravy train and that upsets certain people. Most governors do very well with their own brown envelopes ---but really off topic if it had nothing to do with the rescue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

So you're a grandma Sheryl!  That explains a lot.

Your moderation of this thread has been excellent.  Balanced, tolerant but, when needed, bringing us errant posters back into line with a well deserved metaphorical "clip around the ear"!

Good job and thanks!!

Might thoughts spot on !  I worked with a NZ Sheryl in the late '60s and so I thought the Sheryl here was about the same , in her twenties and a bit rough round the edges.   Not so , well done for keeping us up to date with proper news.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HooHaa said:

we used to sneak out of the house and raid neighbors gardens for fruit and veg. criminals indeed. 

If you get my drift----if scrumped (stolen) they tasted sweeter than the shop ones  lol, same applies the boys initial venture the excitement overrides any danger.

Edited by ginjag
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dario said:

Think just a little bit before you post anything: the kids have been in absolute dark for half a month. The umbrellas are there not for the press, but for the kids to protect their eyesight.

The boys are given sunglasses to wear when the exit. You could even see this on live TV when one boy was exposed for a split second. They use the umbrellas to block out the view and prevent the identity of the rescued from being revealed.

• Like 1

didn't take long.

"'Faith and family' film crew on scene in Thailand
By AAP11:53

Hollywood has arrived at the foothills of the mountain cave system in Thailand where one of the world's most daring rescue operations is underway.

Two American producers are already plotting a movie project about the Wild Boars youth soccer team and their coach in anticipation of global box office success.

"I see this as a major Hollywood film with A-list stars," Michael Scott (pictured below), managing partner of Pure Flix films, told AAP in Chiang Rai."

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

He apparently opposed a government-sanctioned 32-million-baht statue in the Kok river in favor of spending the money the on social and community betterment.

He was 1 of 11 governors shuffled this year.

Let's hope that some higher authority will rectify this "mistake"...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, BangkokSausage said:

"'Faith and family' film crew on scene in Thailand

"Pure Flix" films - must refer to the religious definition of "pure" as they are a "Christian" film company that has put out such notable films as:
God's (not) Dead

God's (not) Dead 2

God's (not) Dead - A Light in the Darkness.
Do You Believe ?

Faith of Our Followers

Samson

Sarah's Choice

"A List" stars. Right. Obviously hoping to pull a quick one on the locals. Try to use the "big Hollywood producer" and "A List" stars BS in order to get exclusive access, hoping the local authorities will be in such awe that they'll bow down and let him do whatever he wants.

• Like 1