Video: Elon Musk is INSIDE Tham Luang cave testing rescue sub

webfact

15 minutes ago, smutcakes said:
22 minutes ago, JAZZDOG said:

The saddest thing is they didn't reach out to someone of his caliber in the opening days when we needed pumps that still haven't arrived, air lines that were never installed. Similar to Hurricane Katrina when FEMA was tripping over itself until they brought in Gen. Honore to bring coordinated leadership to bear.

The diving aspect has saved the day and hopefully the boys will be out in a few hours.

Yes they reached out to professionals in caving and evacuation and consequently the rescue will hopefully be completed today.  The water level remains low despite the rain and as far as we know they are not starved of oxygen. Its a stupid argument but why the hell would the reach out to Elon Musk? Why not Jack Ma? Why not Bill Gates? Why not Jeff Bezos? I will tell you why, because they have zero experience in this type of situation and they required the best of the best to sought the situation out, which is nearly completed by them.

As Musk has said himself, and reiterated by the person i charge of the evacuation, whilst sophisticated the mini sub is completely impractical for this type of rescue, which should be pretty clear to see from anyone who has been following the footage and news reports.  I am sure as hell Elon Musk knew it was not practical and completely unusable. He would probably have a fit if they actually said they would try to use it!

smutcakes

1 hour ago, tropo said:
1 hour ago, lionsincity said:

No it's not limited........it's massive exposure for that conjob........why don't you start a Elon Musk worship thread?.........

This thread is sufficient to praise his contributions, but haters with a problem should go elsewhere. Nearly half the posts here are people like you whining about Elon Musk. Some of you seem very distressed.

amazing trump like hate and musk is just a successful inventor businessman very intelligent guy.  

Those who have achieved “extreme success,” says Justine, who divorced Elon in 2008, live differently than most others. “These people tend to be freaks and misfits who were forced to experience the world in an unusually challenging way,” she writes in response to a question on the user-generated response platform Quora. “They don't think the way other people think. They see things from angles that unlock new ideas and insights. Other people consider them to be somewhat insane.”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Did he really try and believe that his solution was workable at this late stage? Or is it all a bit of good PR. In showing his willingness to stand behind his tech i suggest that Elon volunteer to test the protoype before the kids in the cave go in it.

If its not ready, what is the point in him being here and delivering it?

Have you looked at the video? It's ready, they tested it with a person already!

• Thanks 1

... no problem. It may be a little late at least the thought was there, and no one knew of how the weather was going to be. 

Well It’s there for the future should something happen like this again anywhere in the world. Maybe it could be further adapted for other senerios. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Who was he invited by? Not the Thais. As for grandstanding, do you see the British cave divers who are actually leading this operation and putting their lives at risk patting themselves on the back every 10 minutes on Twitter?

Guy's a snake oil salesman trying to save his company which is rapidly going down the pan and cynically using the plight of the Thai 13 to do it. Disgusting creature.

There's no Twitter in the cave.  If there was, you don't figure the kids would have been found a lot sooner?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jossthaifarang said:

Have you looked at the video? It's ready, they tested it with a person already!

They tried it in a flat bottomed swimming pool with 10 people holding around it, and then requiring 10 people to lift it out the water. How the hell would they get it to the boys, how would they navigate it in murky waters, how would it cope with the currents, the topography, the tight twists and turns, (it looks like a 6 foot rigid tube) what happens if it hits a wall and ruptures, how is it powered? etc etc etc

It may be a fantastic invention in the future, but it is clearly not ready for this situation, which has been acknowledged by Elon himself, unless you want to disagree with him?

• Like 2

Just now, impulse said:

There's no Twitter in the cave.  If there was, you don't figure the kids would have been found a lot sooner?

The rescuers go back to their hotel every night.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

Mr Musk should be congratulated for getting involved and actually creating a possible alternate solution; then rushing it to Thailand at his own expense and personally coming to oversee it's potential use. I am sure he is glad it wasn't needed but  instead of sitting about and  asking what can be done- he did something .

Sorry, what they did? They come too late and this "submarine" is too big for, the only PR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smutcakes said:

They tried it in a flat bottomed swimming pool with 10 people holding around it, and then requiring 10 people to lift it out the water. How the hell would they get it to the boys, how would they navigate it in murky waters, how would it cope with the currents, the topography, the tight twists and turns, (it looks like a 6 foot rigid tube) what happens if it hits a wall and ruptures, how is it powered? etc etc etc

It may be a fantastic invention in the future, but it is clearly not ready for this situation, which has been acknowledged by Elon himself, unless you want to disagree with him?

The glass is half empty with you hey?

Anyway, well done to the ones who have actually saved the boys so far..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KKr said:

Do you suggest there should be more people distracting attention from the work going on ?
More people promoting themselves over the misfortune of a bunch of kids that, let's expect the best, survived an ordeal ?

I'd say respect to the people that know there is a place and a time for gratuitous self promotion, and #ThamLuang is not it.

may i suggest a few books to read that could benefit you?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/21/billionaire-elon-musk-credits-his-success-to-these-8-books.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, atyclb said:

may i suggest a few books to read that could benefit you?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/21/billionaire-elon-musk-credits-his-success-to-these-8-books.html

Issac Asimov? Sounds like another L. Ron Hubbard in the making! What will he call his church?

Edited by Spidey
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The tube is powered by those 10 people, like it would be powered in real situation.  And yes I assume you used binary numbers for your counting.

4 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Joss, its hardly glass half empty, Do you really think after testing it in a swimming pool that it is ready for a situation like this? Its not glass half empty its just reality. 

Fair enough, I'll give you that one. We should meet for a beer one day..

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Elon has certainly got a lot of people talking about Elon.... well who would of thunk it.... duh i am sure he did not..........

That would be shared between the people who requested his help and him for accepting their request. 

"duh" really does suit you.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Elon has certainly got a lot of people talking about Elon.... well who would of thunk it.... duh i am sure he did not..........

If it's like so much Thai-centric news, the only foreigners talking about Musk and his efforts are the ones living in Thailand.  To the rest of the world, Thailand's not even on their radar.  The cave drama is a minor distraction from Brexit, or Trump's latest tweet, or Putin's speech, or the first Starbucks opening in their Hebei neighborhood.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Robbess said:

Not an American - from South Africa.

American citizen since 2002.  That makes him an American.

Edit:  In fact, maybe even more-so.  He's American by choice.  (and notorious for being happy about it)   Most of us are Yanks by accident of birth.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, impulse said:

....  They'd sure feel bad if one of the kids passed out and couldn't swim on SCUBA. 

Comments on another ongoing thread suggest all the boys were sedated anyway, using the final chamber to revive them.

Sorry, but I'm unsure how to post cross-thread quotes.