Big Joke hits the jackpot - busts Ponzi scheme worth billions

snoop1130

Big Joke hits the jackpot - busts Ponzi scheme worth billions

11-_180711_0003-1024x683.jpg

In one of his biggest successes yet crime buster extraordinary Pol Maj Gen Surachet Hakpal has busted a huge Ponzi scheme.

The deputy commissioner of the Thai Tourist Police Bureau - known as Big Joke in the Thai media after a series of high profile results - Surachet led a team of his own men and Electronic Crime Suppression Division officers in the bust.

Arrested on Tuesday after raids at 15 locations was alleged ringleader of the scheme Chinnawat Noiwan.

A total of 32 arrests were made. 

The TPB said that the scheme involved a turnover of billions of baht.

It is connected to a company called OD Capital that was operating illegally in Thailand.

Investors were offering 10% returns and more if they recommended others to join the scheme.

The TPB said that 500,000 people may have been duped. 

Maj Gen Surachet led the press conference that marks yet another feather in his own cap and that of his team. His successful busts are now an almost daily feature of the Thai news.

All suspects involved have been charged with fraud. 

Source: https://touristpolice.go.th/2018/07/11/ตำรวจจับ-21-ผู้ต้องหา-เปิด/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-11

"Maj Gen Surachet led the press conference that marks yet another feather in his own cap..."

Next feather in his cap is busting the toll booths on both ends of the Bridge over River Kwai. 

Edited by jaltsc
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, greenchair said:

Well finally he is going after the big wigs, instead of bullying around the small fries. 

Perhaps he should look closer at his own lot. That would keep him busy for a while. 

Give him time to get more influence and he just might do that,so far he has got my support!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Converting challenging problems into high-value opportunities
We believe that addressing the most critical challenges requires employing the smartest people. Our diverse team of accomplished and experienced professionals have a proven track record in areas such as Finance, Strategic Information Systems, IT or Marketing.

The high value opportunities are still on offer on their website anyone think to take it down.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jaltsc said:

"Maj Gen Surachet led the press conference that marks yet another feather in his own cap..."

Next feather in his cap is busting the toll booths on both ends of the Bridge over River Kwai. 

When did these appear ... I have never seen them ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

Give him time to get more influence and he just might do that,so far he has got my support!!

One day you will understand that anyone who is anyone is on the back flip payroll. If they are not then they are not anyone of influence. 

1 hour ago, Jonmarleesco said:

He's obviously determined to keep himself in the limelight.

"They are" you mean....

Or is THE Gladiator of the Thai government...

Keeps the masses in admiration, keeps them entertained, keeps them from asking questions...

4 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

What exactly happens to all of the monies collected from these cases?
Do the officers get bonus related payouts for these?

I believe they do, but no facts to back it up my belief!

If not, what does happen to the money, surely its not returned to the original "owners" :shock1:

5 hours ago, greenchair said:

One day you will understand that anyone who is anyone is on the back flip payroll. If they are not then they are not anyone of influence. 

I kind of understand that but i also hope for change,if he keeps this up he will be a person of influence.Just curious,whose payroll do you think he is on?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

I said it before, now the kids are out and the boat disaster is cooling this guy has resurfaced.

I don't like him or trust him he is RTP after all. 

Wow, what a fantastic comment. I must commend you on that one.
You never ever been thinking about that most of all the news was filled of thoose two things because they were so massive and big that it consumed all the readers?
Of course other things come back again. That has nothing to do with him or the RTP. It´s has to do with the value of the news at the time beeing. That´s how the news network has worked forever.

2 hours ago, jvs said:

I kind of understand that but i also hope for change,if he keeps this up he will be a person of influence.Just curious,whose payroll do you think he is on?

good question, looking forward to an answer.

4 hours ago, CGW said:

I believe they do, but no facts to back it up my belief!

If not, what does happen to the money, surely its not returned to the original "owners" :shock1:

Perhaps all or a large % goes into the state coffers / consolidated revenue as in many other countries in the world.

A different angle, i've never seen any mention whatever of this guy being suspected of corruption or being on the take in any way.

Comments please.

Thai call him after the instant crap Jok and I don't think that he's a big joke.

But as a tourist police officer, he shouldn't be involved in crimes that should be solved by his colleagues. 

Anyway, it's getting a bit too much always reading of that fast food Joker. That's why I've contacted Jok's boss to help him out to take over the very serious cases. 

Depp_001.png

Edited by jenny2017

32 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

Thai call him after the instant crap Jok and I don't think that he's a big joke.

But as a tourist police officer, he shouldn't be involved in crimes that should be solved by his colleagues. 

Anyway, it's getting a bit too much always reading of that fast food Joker. That's why I've contacted Jok's boss to help him out to take over the very serious cases. 

Depp_001.png

Yes, interesting that he's the deputy commander of the tourist police but actually involved in various other areas; crime, fraud, corruption, and more.

And how come nobody in charge of the crime, fraud, corruption, etc., areas have said one word. And how come the national honcho has made no comment.

Does that perhaps mean they are frightened of him, and also the opposite he's not frightened to explore anything he sees needs exploring, also meaning he's not frightened to tread on toes / on turf.

Another possibility, he can't be personally / alone investigating all of these cases, needs more than one man and he seems to get the details, evidence etc., very quickly and it seems to be solid, so who is working with him; other tourist police or the next level down ranks from the crime, fraud corruption etc., sections?

Is he a candidate for top cop next time around, or is the top cop usually not selected from areas like tourist police?

Hopefully when the time is right several agencies will conduct national popularity poles on this guy to indicate what the public at large think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Yes, interesting that he's the deputy commander of the tourist police but actually involved in various other areas; crime, fraud, corruption, and more.

And how come nobody in charge of the crime, fraud, corruption, etc., areas have said one word. And how come the national honcho has made no comment.

Does that perhaps mean they are frightened of him, and also the opposite he's not frightened to explore anything he sees needs exploring, also meaning he's not frightened to tread on toes / on turf.

Another possibility, he can't be personally / alone investigating all of these cases, needs more than one man and he seems to get the details, evidence etc., very quickly and it seems to be solid, so who is working with him; other tourist police or the next level down ranks from the crime, fraud corruption etc., sections?

Is he a candidate for top cop next time around, or is the top cop usually not selected from areas like tourist police?

Hopefully when the time is right several agencies will conduct national popularity poles on this guy to indicate what the public at large think.

You're making great points. The guy Jok seems to do a lot more than the tourist police is allowed to do.

He did solve crimes that would have been the ordinary cops' duty and some of his actions were jobs for the CSI.

It's quite difficult to understand what role this guy's playing, here's what tourist police cops are usually for:

Tourist police are uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. In more serious cases, they will translate reports to be passed on to the regular police in Bangkok. Recently recruiting foreign nationals living in Thailand.

According to Reuters correspondent, Andrew Marshall, "The country has a special force of Tourist Police, set up specifically so that foreigners have as little contact as possible with the ordinary police—the effect on the crucial tourism industry would be chilling."[8]

According to one source, there are 1,700 enlisted tourist police on the force

Source Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

42 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:

You're making great points. The guy Jok seems to do a lot more than the tourist police is allowed to do.

He did solve crimes that would have been the ordinary cops' duty and some of his actions were jobs for the CSI.

It's quite difficult to understand what role this guy's playing, here's what tourist police cops are usually for:

Tourist police are uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. In more serious cases, they will translate reports to be passed on to the regular police in Bangkok. Recently recruiting foreign nationals living in Thailand.

According to Reuters correspondent, Andrew Marshall, "The country has a special force of Tourist Police, set up specifically so that foreigners have as little contact as possible with the ordinary police—the effect on the crucial tourism industry would be chilling."[8]

According to one source, there are 1,700 enlisted tourist police on the force

Source Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

This wiki article is wrong and outdated,silly some people believe everything they read.

2 hours ago, Get Real said:

Wow, what a fantastic comment. I must commend you on that one.
You never ever been thinking about that most of all the news was filled of thoose two things because they were so massive and big that it consumed all the readers?
Of course other things come back again. That has nothing to do with him or the RTP. It´s has to do with the value of the news at the time beeing. That´s how the news network has worked forever.

I understand how the news works, it was a scathing comment on the ludicrous ego tripping super hero nonsense of this guy and the fact that real and serious news events relegated him off the news feed where he and his fake news belongs.

Thanks for the Wiki link. The main phrasing seems to be "...... uniformed personnel who lack police powers and are largely responsible for writing out reports for insurance companies for victims of theft. ..." . 

However It's been mentioned before that this summation of the tourist police is in fact not correct and they have the same authority as mainstream TTP officers. But I've never seen (maybe I missed it) any link ot whatever to 'prove' they do have full authority.

Plus if the Wiki summary is wrong how come it's never been removed / how come the appropriate RTP seniors have not insisted it be removed and publicly stated the tourist police do have mainstream police authority?

Given the high profile he has garnered, if he has been operating outside of his authority I would assume the national chief should have, months ago, ordered him to back off to protect all concerned; the RTP, then national guy and officer Jok. . 

Put that another way, it seems fair to assume the national chief (and the minister who the national chief reports to), would not want a case to 'blow up' / be highly criticized by a lawyer, the Thai law society or perhaps an activist group saying their client has been arrested by a person who has no authority to arrest people and no authority to investigate etc.

This scenario could also go the other way, with 'society' asking why has XXX case not been investigated by the appropriate police, the CSI or whatever branch? 

At the least confusing.