REPORT: Stand to attention: Prayut reminds officials about ceremonial etiquette

snoop1130

Ah yes a critical task, forget doing a  siht job as long as that salutes  good and dont forget the new skinhead haircut that the police had forced on them, thankfully these two things have improved everything so much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stereolab said:

If these Civil Servants are going to wear a uniform, then perhaps, based upon the initial photograph, they could

invest in an iron and ironing board, learn to stand up straight and lose some weight. 

does that then make them good  workers? Thailand land of no substance

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

I  love the haircuts and all the medals,,the sizzling salutes and the hat introduced in the 1930's..when they thought that a certain European leader was a real humdinger...

It's kinda retro..and it's good  to see the palace eunuchs on parade.

• Odysseus123
  • Advanced Members
  • 1,992 posts

"I  love the haircuts and all the medals". They should have invited Britains Prince Charles as a guest of honour. :cheesy:

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

And bow down and walk backwards? How about bring back the miniskirts of the late 60s and early 70s?

The miniskirts and leg showing on Soi Cowboy will do me fine, with of course, the exception of one bar.

From performing nationalistic karaoke songs, reciting pathetic poems, periodic costume promoter, and writing scripts of heroic soaps, to choreography of civil servants,- what's next in a nation where every parking lot attendant wears uniforms like a Korean Rear Admiral? When I was drafted they made the rookies wear training cloth for the first three weeks just to let them know where their place is among all these uniformed superiors.

Here the uniform craze starts in kindergarten, to schools, universities and does not even end in corporate life.

All affords to turn a population into a uniformed army of ants have to be seen as a psychological tool to establish and maintain a very questionable, unnecessary hierarchy. The same man told students to think critically. Why,- just to find out who may be a nonconformist?

public%20school_zpsfvsoduki.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, robertson468 said:

It is time all Civil Servants, politicians and Teachers stopped wearing uniforms.  It brings too much emphasis on "militaryism" and portrays those in these appointments as so very important, instead of emphasising that they are there to serve the public.

I totally agree with you.

• Like 1

This colour on this day...

We were recently told to wear a yellow polo shirt on Mondays. I observed that a Bayern Munich shirt might be more appropriate. Luckily no-one got the joke!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, JAG said:

This colour on this day...

We were recently told to wear a yellow polo shirt on Mondays. I observed that a Bayern Munich shirt might be more appropriate. Luckily no-one got the joke!

I get your joke - a good one! 

Anyway, I for one am no fan of all these salutes and uniforms, etc.

Edited by Eligius

In a democracy should civil servants be saluting?

I'm trying to think of another democratic country where civil servants salute; come on guys, someone out there think for me.

A country run by the military might be a different matter though; easy to give examples.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelJohn said:

In a democracy should civil servants be saluting?

I'm trying to think of another democratic country where civil servants salute; come on guys, someone out there think for me.

A country run by the military might be a different matter though; easy to give examples.

The whole culture is filled with hierarchical subservience and kowtowing and grovelling - from (near) top to bottom.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

It is time all Civil Servants, politicians and Teachers stopped wearing uniforms.  It brings too much emphasis on "militaryism" and portrays those in these appointments as so very important, instead of emphasising that they are there to serve the public.

Well i disagree with you, my wife look very sexy in her tight tulip skirt uniform.??

9 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

siiigh.  Military and civilian stuff should be separate.  Oh wait, general led the coup

the lines there are very blurred, when it comes to rank and file

and after the Bamix came to a stop, he just becomes leader of the general public