When it rains it pours - inside this woman's MG car!

webfact

I would never buy anything with a soft top or sunroof. Too many things to go wrong, and my dome does not want or need a suntan.

New cars of a British marque are virtually non-existent in Australia. Jaguar is trying to sell large luxury sedans in competition with BMW and Mercedes, with only a few buyers at a 40% discount to the equivalent German brands. Land Rover lost its country market to Toyota Landcruisers and Hiluxes long ago.

The Chinese will improve; however, they have a long way to go before they catch up to the Koreans and Japanese.

4 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I had the same problem with all my MGB's and BGT's.

:biggrin:

Me too,  79 MGB convertible:   Drilled a couple drain holes in the floor boards to resolve.

Edited by tpazzi
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, drbrit said:

Chinese crap.   They bought the MG brand and their business plan is to market off British sports car heritage.   But they are pretty shabby build quality (maybe that was part of British sports car heritage too !!)

bet they were kicking themselves, not getting a similar foot-in-the-door that Proton did

with retro-marquing Mitsubishis. 

Proton got lucky also having the Lotus pie

I think in thailand is too much famous brand with same price and cheaper also ! Why should buy a ..!!!! Brand car !!!? I think people impressed with some un real ads !!! And some brand same this if you want resale have too much drop in price and hard to resale !!! 

Edited by mehrdad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

If you have any plans to buy a Harley made in Thailand, think twice!

Reminds me of the locally made phantoms, after a year they look like they just been dredged up from the riverbed.  I never seen a proud owner riding around.

4 hours ago, transam said:

Must confess I don't like the name buying....Today's "Mini Cooper" has nothing to do with the names fame, just lucky that BMW does supply near faultless engineering, but it is a bought name for the masses that they can make money on..

I have very fond memories of the Austin/Morris Mini's.

My daughter recently bought herself a new Mini Cooper. I really wanted to hate it, but it's a good looking car, very well built - and goes like Sh1t off a teflon shovel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

I have very fond memories of the Austin/Morris Mini's.

My daughter recently bought herself a new Mini Cooper. I really wanted to hate it, but it's a good looking car, very well built - and goes like Sh1t off a teflon shovel.

Well it is a modern day small BMW car...

I don't understand this, what is the big deal , why can't MG fix it ? 

It's warranty right? 

It's not supposed to rain inside a car.  Something is not right about this story . 

10 minutes ago, balo said:

I don't understand this, what is the big deal , why can't MG fix it ? 

It's warranty right? 

It's not supposed to rain inside a car.  Something is not right about this story .

Sounds like she doesn't want it fixed ...

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Requests to MG to refund her money or change the car fell on deaf ears

I don't blame her for trying, but I doubt that she will get what she's asking for.

6 hours ago, nev said:

Isn't MG Indian owned now?.

MG Motor UK Limited (MG Motor) is a British automotive company headquartered in Longbridge, Birmingham, United Kingdom, and a subsidiary of SAIC Motor UK, which in turn is owned by the Shanghai-based SAIC Motor.

Jaguar Land Rover is owned by Tata of India

Good old Google ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IvanLaw said:

MG Motor UK Limited (MG Motor) is a British automotive company headquartered in Longbridge, Birmingham, United Kingdom, and a subsidiary of SAIC Motor UK, which in turn is owned by the Shanghai-based SAIC Motor.

Good old Google ? 

And mostly built in China. 

Edited by Jonmarleesco
  • Like 1

I think they have stopped production at Longbridge, read they were making 25 people redundant and moving production to Shanghai, presume the hundreds of Chines who were working there have relocated back to Shanghai. 

My MGBGT never leaked but it broke down constantly. To such an extent that the AA used to say "Oh, it's you again!"  I took delivery of a Morgan in 1980 after a five-year wait. It leaked like a sieve. The first flooding happened as I drove away from the factory in Malvern and the skies opened up with a deluge. I didn't bother taking it back as  I bought it to re-sell and that didn't work out too well, either.

20 hours ago, happy chappie said:

800,000 baht car,80 baht sofa.same my neighbour 3 millions worth of cars.300 sqm of tin shack house.

That's right, it's just mind-boggling. I often see expensive european brand cars coming out from sois that I wouldn't even go in for a piss, makes you wonder. But I am suspecting those guys must supporting some side chick somewhere in there.?

1 hour ago, shamrock09 said:

My MGBGT never leaked but it broke down constantly. To such an extent that the AA used to say "Oh, it's you again!"  I took delivery of a Morgan in 1980 after a five-year wait. It leaked like a sieve. The first flooding happened as I drove away from the factory in Malvern and the skies opened up with a deluge. I didn't bother taking it back as  I bought it to re-sell and that didn't work out too well, either.

British cars have always been a disaster, so why anyone thinks they would improve when selling the brand to a nation which yet to date hasn't produced anything that is worth the money.

On 7/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, transam said:

And who will buy this name I wonder...☹️

7945615_Austinh.jpg.c195009cd61c982fa434d4e8a845add1.jpg

Took a little while to get used to the feeling that the everything in front of you seemed to rise up even if you weren't a short arse type. Warm days were fun, I can remember two or three a year, when the heat from the gearbox that stuck a fair way into the cockpit started cooking your left leg. Handy on cold days though.

• Like 1