Street-racer crackdown nets 203 arrests

Rimmer

Street-racer crackdown nets 203 arrests

image.png

PATTAYA:--Regional police arrested more than 200 people for racing or selling parts for modified motorcycles in a province-wide sweep.

Provincial Police Region 2 commander Pol. Lt. Gen. Jitti Rodbangyang, flanked by Pattaya-area officials and police chiefs, announced the seizure of 186 motorcycles and 203 people at July 7 news conference at Bali Hai Pier.

He said a coordinated crackdown by district administrators, soldiers, tourism police and officers from 23 police stations came in response to orders from the government to crackdown on young motorbike racers and their suppliers.

In all, 159 racers aged between 13 and 63 were apprehended. Two of them failed drug tests and face additional charges.

Furthermore, authorities arrested the administrators of two racing-related Facebook pages – Witchayut Riyaphan, 19, and Subsakul Mingphan, 27 – and charged them with inciting others to race illegally.

Finally, authorities raided 97 motorcycle garages and parts retailers, charging 42 owners for selling illegal exhaust pipes and alloy wheels as well as racing helmets and other parts

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-07-13
  • Like 1

I understand the "illegal" exhausts that do not have the official TIS stamp on them.   But I have not heard before of illegal alloy wheels and helmets.   Are they illegal because no tax was paid on them (illegally imported), or are they unsafe?   I am unaware of any TIS-type stamp for wheels and helmets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deli said:

Hope the boys will be back on their bikes this w-end.

And for those who don't like it: get some ear plugs.

that's is the dumbest post ever,if you think a scoopy with a loud muffler is a sound of performance, you have a stupid idea of what performance sounds like...a small block chevy with a 671 blower or a rock stock Harley FLH yes...but. a muffler with a hole in it,and you love that sound ..too funny

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, mok199 said:

that's is the dumbest post ever,if you think a scoopy with a loud muffler is a sound of performance, you have a stupid idea of what performance sounds like...a small block chevy with a 671 blower or a rock stock Harley FLH yes...but. a muffler with a hole in it,and you love that sound ..too funny

Are the girls into this street racing as well? One of the bikes was pink.

• Haha 1

These brain dead gofers are the same in every village and town throughout Thailand. How can one expect the police to 'crack down' on these hooligans when the police can't get riders to wear helmets. Surely local police chiefs should be ordered to get their men to do their job or be fired.

53 minutes ago, johng said:
14 hours ago, possum1931 said:
Are the girls into this street racing as well? One of the bikes was pink.

Yes the girls can be lunatic drivers too..but there are much fewer of them.

Lunatic drivers/riders is an understatement, mirrors that for checking makeup and doing hair, indicators What that for???? check before pulling out of side Soi my, soi I do what I want the list goes on and on and don't get me started on about the crooked cops. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1