Elon Musk calls British diver in Thai cave rescue a 'pedo' in baseless attack

webfact

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This reminds me of how -- a few years ago -- Bill Gates visited Bangkok and automatically assumed the tangle of all the power cables must have meant residents of Bangkok were stealing electricity (actually, it's because they never take the old cables down when they put up new ones). 

In America (I'm American too) it's commonly believed that any man living in Thailand must also be a sex pervert.   Americans like to think they're the most independent thinkers . . .

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm gonna open my own perfume line and call it "Musk". I think it's a great name. And it will be used only on certain parts where Sun don't shine.

I don't think the name will be a problem. It's not like he asked a Serbian government if he could use Tesla for his failing car line.

image.png.fa60b91512d7ee1eac97b757f1ca6f96.png

7 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Outrageous!!!

Because he did not make a quick buck out of the plight of others, he acts like a turd, which he obviously is, by defaming others.

His not defaming anybody the Brit opened his trap no need. To insult a intelligent business man.

36 minutes ago, malcoml said:

To defend this guy.

The Brit attacked him first and then he produced emails that made the Brit out to be an idiot.

He was asked for any assistance he could provide.

How do you defend someone that labels a person a pedo without a shred of evidence?

Unwise of Musk, really. Not just with his spat with Vern, but also with his cheap jibes at Narongsak he's proven himself to be incredibly egotistical and thin-skinned. If he'd just said from the beginning that he'd done his best to help; that he understood perfectly why, under the circumstances,  the Thai authorities had gone with the diver-assisted option;  that he hoped anyway that in the future his escape pod might prove useful; that he was grateful for being given the chance to have a try. etc.etc,  then almost certainly old Vern wouldn't have told him where  to stick his submarine, and he (Musk) wouldn't have finished up in a damaging media war that has all downside and no upside for someone in his position. For a man who's supposed to be so clever he shows a remarkable lack of common sense.

8 minutes ago, Media1 said:

His not defaming anybody the Brit opened his trap no need. To insult a intelligent business man.

You think that labelling someone as a pedophile is not defamation?

What would you regard it as, a badge of honour?

7 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

What a looser, one more reason for me Not to buy any of his products and of course share his tweet and the post in the Guardian.

This guy has joined my 'not at all interested' keyboard button, with Trump.

2 minutes ago, nahkit said:

You think that labelling someone as a pedophile is not defamation?

What would you regard it as, a badge of honour?

Who cares really. I don't bag people at all. My point is the Brit wanted to fire up. Perhaps he feels enough credit was not issued lol. Jump in the ring lace up lol.

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I'm gonna open my own perfume line and call it "Musk". I think it's a great name. And it will be used only on certain parts where Sun don't shine.

I don't think the name will be a problem. It's not like he asked a Serbian government if he could use Tesla for his failing car line.

May I propose overripe Durian as main ingredient for your concoction ??? ?

Looks like "the soon to make Mars great" submarine man did not get a big enough media buck for his side trip to Thailand.
Doubling up now, to demonstrate that his already inflated superiority can attract media attention.

And to insist he will prove himself wrong with his tube. Imagine, the experimental tube gets stuck or there is an air supply problem: get the sub out of the water underground, take the victim out and resuscitate . I sure am glad that the people who know what they are doing got their way. Respect, to all involved. 
And less respect to those that distracted attention from the joint efforts in order to glorify themselves.

Sad that geniality is just a thin line away from irrationality and lunacy

By the way, the EM influencers peddling his books seem to have a day off today, did not see them every fourth post or so, or maybe they travel with EM to manage local media events and were not informed about this CNN event ?

gosh, how some people bring up the best in me.

It is all a question of physics and Mr Musk is much more qualified than Vern to handle physics related problems. This is made obvious by the fact that Vern first said that the sub wouldn't fit in the cave, but still believed it would fit up Elon's backside. The man clearly has some difficulty with spatial relationships.

Lets just put down some facts:

Vernon's initial actions were a key factor in the kids survival.

Vernon was part of the support team and had key local knowledge.

Elon gave his attention, company time and money to look at the problem from an engineering perspective with only days to find a potential solution.

Elon's team designed a metal tube with an attached air supply that they hoped could help (pls lets not call it a submarine anymore).

In this case it could not.

Vernon showed poor judgement and was rude in his media interview citing that he though Elon was an attention seeker.

Elon showed the lowest possible class and crass personal judgement in calling Vernon something that is unspeakable.

If both Vernon and Elon don't stop now they will sully the feel good factor (putting to one side the sad death of a rescue team member) of this whole event.

8 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

LMAO - what an EPIC SAGA for the movie! Now we have monks who can control nature, a tech billionaire beef with both an unsubstantiated pedo diver and former governor! Wow! 

Yes let's not forget the monk lol. Can we add a gambling DEN inside the cave and a few girls

12 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

It is all a question of physics and Mr Musk is much more qualified than Vern to handle physics related problems. This is made obvious by the fact that Vern first said that the sub wouldn't fit in the cave, but still believed it would fit up Elon's backside. The man clearly has some difficulty with spatial relationships.

What knowledge of physics is required to know a 5'6" submarine won't go through 15" gaps!!!

1 minute ago, carmine said:

What knowledge of physics is required to know a 5'6" submarine won't go through 15" gaps!!!

Well for starters you would need to know not to stand it on end to get it through the hole.

Also that my post was intended to be humorous.

1 hour ago, Time Traveller said:

I like o'l Vern, but he sure doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed either. Insulting rich and powerful people in a media interview. What did he expect was going to happen? 

truly intelligent people in LOS are a rare breed. locals and aliens alike. the real intelligent THAI i have met were expats operating/living abroad. and i'm not talking "beauty salons" or "massage parlors" girls but real intellectuals who can think critically, including about their own country and countrymen.
? and no this is not THAI bashing. any sane person, with a brain, voicing her/his opinion can end up in jail here.

Archived