UK pensioner ends up in hospital after Jomtien bar fight over music

webfact

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I put a Duran Duran YouTube video on in a bar in Hua Hin and almost got beat up by some guy from Sweden who wanted to listen to Abba. :cheesy:

sounds like a good counter depression medicine to me,  maybe the Swede wanted to get into a lack-of-sun depression and what better way to get that than the swinging Swedes light hearted harmony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcsw53 said:

#1  I am not 65

#2  I am not a pensioner

#3  The first time I met the guy wss when he smashed me from behind.

#4  I did not go to hospital because of a cut lip. I went because of a broken nose, fractured jaw and to have my ribs checked from the unprovoked attack.

I hope you all have a great chuckle and that I can be around when some maniac decides to let loose on you for no reason.

hope you got out of Hospital all right.
something similar happened to me, some guy pushes me from behind, I look not friendly enough over my shoulder and bang, with a concussion on the floor.
turned out he had a disagreement with his wife who did not like him to go out drinking. 
Ffing right she was.

but look on the bright side, you can read the TV enlightened journalistic comments ... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, robblok said:

What is wrong with fighting over a bar  girl.. in the middle ages they fought over fair maidens... ?

Yep, things sure have changed since those good ole days. Bar girls aren't fair and sure aren't maidens. ?

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

got to be rock and roll, anyone putting on rap music needs shooting (not saying that was the case ok) he he

"anyone putting on rap music".   Rap music. Don't you mean Crap music??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

Yeah, more details over music preferred by combatants. If it was Kpop or Techno, I'd go to the mat on that crap if I couldn't just go.

Kpop or Techno    I thought it was music we were talking about.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Yep, things sure have changed since those good ole days. Bar girls aren't fair and sure aren't maidens. ?

Another "good old days"....

When was that I want to see if I missed it?

3 hours ago, dragons70 said:

Ouch, that’s going to hurt a few love struck Romeo’s who’re trying to convince themselves otherwise...Harsh but true.

There are maidens in LOS, but you won’t find them in a bar...

No, down Beach Road.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

Put the Bargirls in charge of the YouTube jukebox (40 baht cash per track). Sorted.

Thus no fighting, no more bubble gum Thai disco or Rap (jungle music). Occasionally you will get Americans or Aussie bogans aplaying Country Music but they will be few and far between.

At least Country Music is real music, played by real instruments, by real musicians and not computerised crap, sorry, rap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

No, down Beach Road.:cheesy:

True actually, some of the nicest down to earth girls I have met here have been off Beach Road.

Long time connections.

Much much better then any flake Gogo girl.

But, whatever one likes I guess....

• Like 1

Geezers who want to relive their yoof should understand that they need to grow an Edwardian beard, get big black discs in their earlobes,  wear skinny jeans,  lumberjack shirts, and learn to love their grandkids music,  or end up with a fat lip... 

Mr. Trent Reznor is 54. AKA Marilyn Manson to most 

Edited by Small Joke

Out our way (Thai karaoke restaurants) put on farang music and they turn down the volume so you can barely hear it. Put on Thai music and turn up the volume so you can hear nothing else.

Commiserations and best wishes to the Brit.

Edited by Stevemercer

4 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

Geezers who want to relive their yoof should understand that they need to grow an Edwardian beard, get big black discs in their earlobes,  wear skinny jeans,  lumberjack shirts, and learn to love their grandkids music,  or end up with a fat lip... 

Trent Reznor is nothing to do with Marilyn Manson , MMs singers name is Brian Warner and hes 49

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mercman24 said:

got to be rock and roll, anyone putting on rap music needs shooting (not saying that was the case ok) he he

Guess its more a result of a "Dont Poke Your Nose Into Other Affairs" thing...:whistling:

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

You like demeaning older people?

You must not get out much or go to the gym.

I know many 65 year old guys that could kick a 30 year olds A.....

Like I said some guys arquement for immature old men is weird.

10 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

65 years  old and still getting into bar fights. And guys here talk about fragile Thai men's ego's. These old men  need to grow up.

Amazingly I have seen a number of men get agro over music in bars and most of them were much younger than 65 so its not only the OLD men that need to grow up.

1 hour ago, Small Joke said:

Only if their youth was spent with the Village people. And, Marilyn Manson is Brian Warner and 49.