Phuket poll shows lack of confidence in election

webfact

Phuket poll shows lack of confidence in election

Author: The Phuket News

1531717991_1-org.jpg

Nearly one-quarter of Thai respondents to the poll voted that it would not make any difference if Thailand held elections or not. Image: The Phuket News / meta-chart.org

PHUKET: An online poll has shown a “first past the post” majority of people believe that Thailand is ready to hold national elections, but are overshadowed by a combined majority who believe that Thailand is either not ready or that national elections will not make any difference to the political landscape of the country.

The poll, which ran for two weeks, was launched after Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha announced that that national elections were expected to be held early next year, likely in February.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-poll-shows-lack-of-confidence-in-election-67896.php#6O8hRTo9rDxoMCIy.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-07-16

What is the use of this useless poll Half the Thais don't even care or know what an election is? Why do I know? My wife if ask her who is leading the government in Bangkok I get a blank look. If politicians are smart just offer the Thai voters a free feed when they come to vote Food more important to a Thai than the election result. You get all the votes you want

23 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll, which ran for two weeks, was launched after Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha announced that that national elections were expected to be held early next year, likely in February.

I look forward to another poll result in March when the February election doesn't materialize.