Former UK minister calls for second vote on Brexit to end stalemate

webfact

I voted to leave, thats it just leave - easy (no deals, no 2nd referendum the people voted leave is pretty simple to work that out evything else is just BS)
No one will stop you voting to Leave again. Many others who voted Leave have changed their mind now that the full ramifications of leaving are better understood.

Why be scared of asking the people?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No one will stop you voting to Leave again. Many others who voted Leave have changed their mind now that the full ramifications of leaving are better understood.

Why be scared of asking the people?

You really are doing the Vote Remainer's a discredit by suggesting that many ( how many is that ? ) didn't understand what they were voting for and do you have any proof ? incidentally did the Leavers understand what they were voting for ?

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Stop peddling lies, the European Parliament is democratically elected, under a more representative system than Westminster. They are the only body within the EU that passes laws, as you are probably well aware.

So was  Prayut

Which of the "full facts" we now know would make Brexiteers change their minds?

Was freedom of movement just a figment of our imaginations?
Are regulations not in fact forced upon us by Brussels?
Do we not pay billions of pounds a year into the EU?
Are we not in fact part of the Common Fisheries Policy?
Are we not in fact under the jurisdiction of the ECJ?
Was the Common Agricultural Policy just a bad dream?

All those things benefit the UK. And no regulations are not forced on us by Brussels. We elect MEPs. It's democratic. Why are Brexiters so unable to see how EU membership will benefit future generations. It's so short-sighted to resort to a "Little England" mentality.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

All those things benefit the UK. And no regulations are not forced on us by Brussels. We elect MEPs. It's democratic. Why are Brexiters so unable to see how EU membership will benefit future generations. It's so short-sighted to resort to a "Little England" mentality.

BB I feel your pain and I feel your grief, but casting insults like "Little England" really does you no credit whatsoever. People chose to leave for different reasons and those people were in the majority.

However that said I have found a piece from the Guardian that might explain why you are suffering so much and can't come to terms with the referendum result.

Following last week’s EU referendum defeat, passionate remainers who have spoken to the Guardian have reported difficulty sleeping, panic attacks, lack of appetite and a low mood. Psychologists are reporting higher incidences of anxiety, with people keen to talk about how they might cope with Brexit.

Lucy Clyde, a counsellor and psychotherapist who practises in Camden, north London, where 75.2% of voters backed remain, likens the response to the result to the early stages of grief or loss. Until remainers can work through the stages of grief, she says, they will continue to feel bad about the result.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/why-remainers-finding-it-hard-to-deal-with-eu-referendum-result

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

BB I feel your pain and I feel your grief, but casting insults like "Little England" really does you no credit whatsoever. People chose to leave for different reasons and those people were in the majority.

However that said I have found a piece from the Guardian that might explain why you are suffering so much and can't come to terms with the referendum result.

Following last week’s EU referendum defeat, passionate remainers who have spoken to the Guardian have reported difficulty sleeping, panic attacks, lack of appetite and a low mood. Psychologists are reporting higher incidences of anxiety, with people keen to talk about how they might cope with Brexit.

Lucy Clyde, a counsellor and psychotherapist who practises in Camden, north London, where 75.2% of voters backed remain, likens the response to the result to the early stages of grief or loss. Until remainers can work through the stages of grief, she says, they will continue to feel bad about the result.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/30/why-remainers-finding-it-hard-to-deal-with-eu-referendum-result

Thanks.  That helps!  I wasn't accusing Brexiters personally, as I'm sure many of them are well-intentioned, but the mentality I referred to certainly does exist.  Fortunately it's predominantly in the older generation, and in time, the more open-minded youth may be able to drag the UK back.

51 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

It's so short-sighted to resort to a "Little England" mentality.

I am fairly confident that the Welsh, Scots and NI voters who voted '' Leave '' will put you right instantly, if you tell them about their '' Little Englander '' mentality direct to their face??

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Now they know more of the full facts, they can make a more informed decision. Seems Brexiters are running a little scared!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You still haven't answered the following questions !!!!

You really are doing the Vote Remainer's a discredit by suggesting that many ( how many is that ? ) didn't understand what they were voting for and do you have any proof ? incidentally did the Leavers understand what they were voting for ?

• Like 1

I am fairly confident that the Welsh, Scots and NI voters who voted '' Leave '' will put you right instantly, if you tell them about their '' Little Englander '' mentality direct to their face??
Didn't the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish vote to Remain? I guess another benefit to "Little Englanders" is that Brexit, a "hard" one anyway, will lead to the break-up of the UK.

Is that the youth who spend all day with faces buried in a smartphone sending snapchat selfies with bunny ears?
Or the youth that go around stabbing each other in UK towns and cities?
Or the ones like my friend's daughter who voted Remain so she could continue going on holiday in Magaluf?

Yes, at least we'll be saved by the youth...
The first and the third. The second probably voted Leave.

• Sad 1