Android boxes now illegal in Thailand

superal

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Does anyone know if Lazada obtains licences for the Android boxes it sells?

Found this on the net.

2) Licensing Requirement

Any person who wishes to manufacture, import, trade, possess for trade, or possess for installation an Internet TV Box or any similar device under (1) must obtain a license from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2017/04/thailand-internet-tv-boxes

Reading the small print it appears that the legality of the order is in question. 

My law studies went as far as workplace and contract,  but the wording towards the end of the hyperlink suggests that all be it a 2 million baht fine / 2 years in prison,  if the law is followed, the legality of making this law may we be illegal..

Phew..

I know that they are still available for sale, many places. 

And this wording implies that possession of a box, is intent to use it.

Regardless of whether you pay a fee or not...

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 7:40 AM, superal said:

It is a mystery to me when getting the same package from TOT as myself you have a vastly superior service . What am I not doing or should I be doing for improvement . Experienced buffering & freezing last night watching UK ITV .

Repeat ,  speed test within Thailand  good 90 / 24 ,   outside Thailand  varies   5 / 1 & unstable 

Similar with True.

I'm just out of Pattaya and the pack is 50/20.

Down is pumping out at 300mbs of which I'm usually getting 60+.

Unloading is totally variable.

Should be 20 mins, but recently I've been getting 1mbs which is abysmal. 

In defence of True they put English speaking techs on it and can pick the speed up somewhat. 

Without getting too technical, it's the latency,  or cas latency (The grunt) that it's delivered with.

Think of water in a 12mm pipe and water in a 25mm pipe.

Deliverability I suppose.?

Today is rubbish. Picture 1

I just called True and the speeds are now double plus some.

Picture 2.

Screenshot_20181004-115326_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181004-121437_Chrome.jpg

Edited by dallen52

On 7/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, vogie said:

I did not know this, but I take it from your message that you have been a victim of such fraud, if so did you report the fake card to Lazada. I believe Lazada will fine any third party selling on their site for such irregularities.

Well I’m afraid you’re wrong. I bought fake Ernie Ball guitar strings from two different vendors on Lazada and had to involve Ernie Ball before Lazada would even go as far as making one of the vendors remove that particular listing (but not all the other listings for fake strings the vendor has). What’s worse, they delete all reviews commenting on counterfeit goods (all of mine at any rate).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mark1066 said:

Well I’m afraid you’re wrong. I bought fake Ernie Ball guitar strings from two different vendors on Lazada and had to involve Ernie Ball before Lazada would even go as far as making one of the vendors remove that particular listing (but not all the other listings for fake strings the vendor has). What’s worse, they delete all reviews commenting on counterfeit goods (all of mine at any rate).

Wow. Thanks for sharing.  That's not good for Lazada if they start removing bad reviews.  Unless of course if  it's an unfair or inaccurate review, 

I go by the rule. Everyone lies and all products are fake.and will break after a week. I'm never disappointed.

6 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Wow. Thanks for sharing.  That's not good for Lazada if they start removing bad reviews.  Unless of course if  it's an unfair or inaccurate review, 

I go by the rule. Everyone lies and all products are fake.and will break after a week. I'm never disappointed.

They used to leave them up because I’ve seen a couple of older ones in Thai, but all of mine, which were 100% accurate, were removed. I was very disappointed and it put me off buying anything from Lazada in the future.

Your philosophy is a sound one ????

Edited by Mark1066

All sites like Lazada, Ebay, Amazon, etc., are basically a middle man between the seller and buyer.  These companies have the seller agree to certain things in order to sell on their site like "Thou shall not sell fakes, etc" and if you, the seller, do sell fakes we might remove that listing or even suspend your account.  But since greed is the overall driving force for the seller and online company such as Lazada, Ebay, Amazon, etc.,  for both of them to make money the penalty for selling fakes is like a slap on the hand and makes both parties more than willing to continue to the practice behind the facade of selling fakes will be swiftly and harshly dealt with. 

Ebay's policy on selling fakes....a slap on the hand type policy.

image.png.ad2692ac5d05f0ecfddc8e31428b55ab.png

1 hour ago, Pib said:

All sites like Lazada, Ebay, Amazon, etc., are basically a middle man between the seller and buyer.  These companies have the seller agree to certain things in order to sell on their site like "Thou shall not sell fakes, etc" and if you, the seller, do sell fakes we might remove that listing or even suspend your account.  But since greed is the overall driving force for the seller and online company such as Lazada, Ebay, Amazon, etc.,  for both of them to make money the penalty for selling fakes is like a slap on the hand and makes both parties more than willing to continue to the practice behind the facade of selling fakes will be swiftly and harshly dealt with. 

Cash is king..

You can be a dodgy seller on eBay now and just pay a few % extra fees, and it's ok...

So that tells you a lot.

Hardly any private sellers now.

All drop shipped Chinese or similar. 

And normally cheap and nasty.

Lazada is part of Alibaba group. 

2 hours ago, Pib said:

I got a 3 days on the bench for trying to sell multi tool which had a blade in it.

Plus another 9 gadgets. EBay UK. 

Australia is not a problem. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 10:29 AM, vogie said:

Does anyone know if Lazada obtains licences for the Android boxes it sells?

Found this on the net.

2) Licensing Requirement

Any person who wishes to manufacture, import, trade, possess for trade, or possess for installation an Internet TV Box or any similar device under (1) must obtain a license from the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC).

https://www.bakermckenzie.com/en/insight/publications/2017/04/thailand-internet-tv-boxes

Lazada can't obtain NBTC licenses for their boxes, since this can only be done by the seller or the buyer, and has to be completed before the box reaches Thailand shores.

Lazada is not a seller, only a platform.

The license also needs to contain the details from the seller, the box details like serial number and mac address etc, and most importantly the buyer details in Thailand.

So it is impossible for the seller on Lazada to obtain a license, because they would have to know your ID card or passport details, and you would have to sign the application documents.

On 10/5/2018 at 12:01 PM, dallen52 said:

I got a 3 days on the bench for trying to sell multi tool which had a blade in it.

Plus another 9 gadgets. EBay UK. 

Australia is not a problem. 

The anti - blade thing is due to a government restriction on knife sales iirc..... 

Back when A lot of people were getting stabbed and they tried to make it a bit harder for teenagers to get their hands on knives so i don't think that's entirely an ebay regulation ... 

Not sure about the other items though.... You can be suspended for using the manufacturer images of a product though.... I was

If you "borrow"  pictures of let's say an iPhone from the apple site instead of taking your own it can get your listings pulled down....

Even if your item is new and identical with the item you can't use their photos to advertise it.....

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Lazada can't obtain NBTC licenses for their boxes, since this can only be done by the seller or the buyer, and has to be completed before the box reaches Thailand shores.

The license also needs to contain the details from the seller, the box details like serial number and mac address etc, and most importantly the buyer details in Thailand.

So it is impossible for the seller on Lazada to obtain a license, because they would have to know your ID card or passport details, and you would have to sign the application documents.

6 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

Don't follow this  ??  what about statements: 

'registered with the National Broadcasting and Telecommunications Commission (NBTC) as resellers, importers and wholesalers of media centers in the Thai market'

•  

3 hours ago, ignis said:

I can see where you are going, and I was wrong in my statement, as I considered Lazada sellers as mainly Chinese.

Jsat is a Thai company. He doesn't manufacture any boxes but imports them, because there are no Android boxes manufactured in Thailand.

He will have a reseller license, which means he will have provided serial numbers and other details from the boxes he imported, as well his own details as reseller.

The application for that reseller license will have been issued before the boxes he intended to import left the factory, so NBTC will know exactly what boxes he has in his possession.

I also believe that when he sells a box he has to take the details from the end customer.

So in fact Thai sellers on Lazada may have a license since they have the ability as per above terms, which doesn't mean they actually have one because since the box is in Thailand already there is no customs check any more, but you will notice that their prices are also different from the Chinese sellers.

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

But same same ????  Just different areas.  They also have a delivery service with the Laz name

No it's not the same, similar to Alibaba not be the same as Aliexpress, however they are owned by the same company.

Lazada, Lazmall and Lazexpress ( LEX) are all different entities with different registration and VAT numbers, registered for a different purpose.

Though I'm sure you are well aware of this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

No it's not the same, similar to Alibaba not be the same as Aliexpress, however they are owned by the same company.

Lazada, Lazmall and Lazexpress ( LEX) are all different entities with different registration and VAT numbers, registered for a different purpose.

Though I'm sure you are well aware of this

Lazada has been here for years but was just using that one name until recently AFAIK.  Believe change has come since Alibaba took over ownership.  As for Aliexpress do not believe they have any sales arm - they are just platform for retail sales by individual merchants or companies.