Elon Musk apologises to British caver for 'pedo' slur

webfact

2 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

There were many emails back and forth between Musk and his team of engineers and people on the ground including main Brit divers as well as Thai engineers. Including the one from the main Brit diver who messaged Musk to keep working on the sub but the bashers here don't wanna admit the fact.

please show us

2 minutes ago, Crossy said:

IMHO Vern stands zero chance of winning any legal action against the Musk M(B)illions.

The Tesla shareholders will (hopefully) demand a rather less wishy-washy apology with an undisclosed financial settlement to Vern. Public handshake and all forgotten in a few weeks.

The apology was issued while Mr. Unsworth has yet to retract or go ahead with his threat of legal action and seems very much structured in case he does. Whether or not Mr. Musk and his lawyers think Unsworth deserves any, if any, financial compensation would be up to them after Mr. Unsworth, through his attorneys, formally states that he will not be bring legal charges.

As far as Tesla shareholders, there is a dissident group who have wanted to remove Mr. Musk as CEO since long before the Thai cave saga and he will likely only do so much to capituallate to them.

12 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:
2 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

There were many emails back and forth between Musk and his team of engineers and people on the ground including main Brit divers as well as Thai engineers. Including the one from the main Brit diver who messaged Musk to keep working on the sub but the bashers here don't wanna admit the fact.

please show us

The billionaire then shared what he claimed was a transcript of his emails with Stanton in which the diver encourages him to build the sub, saying 'it may well be used'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5955753/British-caver-helped-save-Thai-boys-says-Elon-Musk-stick-submarine-hurt.html

• Thanks 1

wow, gone a few hours and not one apology.  Amazing.  

So let me ask one simple question.  All the bashers here who know that Musk's "stunt" was a PR stunt which by definition means he was looking for attention and by extrapolating that means Musk had no intention of trying to save the kids and knew his sub would not work, the question I have is where is your proof of that?  In a court of law what could you come up with?  

Now, I will stipulate that Musk has no proof (I would suspect unless he does) that Mr Unsworth is a Pedo, whatever that is yet you all know for a fact that Musk did it solely for PR.

I submit if that were the case and the Thais were counting on the sub working and stopped all other avenues and it didn't work and kids died Musk would go bankrupt in about a day.  

He just isn't that stupid despite the claims of the majority here.  I would also posit if that were the case he would be worse than a pedo.  

Musk didn't become rich with four multi billion dollar enterprises (that I know of) by lying to his investors, to his employees or to the stockholders.  Unless you are the President of the USA that just would not work.

I await anyone's reply. Proof now not "because I think so".  

PS: Where is Unsworth's proof Musk did it strictly for PR? Based on what praytell?  I doubt anyone here even knows Musk.

Edited by dufusdonald

1 hour ago, dufusdonald said:

wow, gone a few hours and not one apology.  Amazing.  

So let me ask one simple question.  All the bashers here who know that Musk's "stunt" was a PR stunt which by definition means he was looking for attention and by extrapolating that means Musk had no intention of trying to save the kids and knew his sub would not work, the question I have is where is your proof of that?  In a court of law what could you come up with?  

Now, I will stipulate that Musk has no proof (I would suspect unless he does) that Mr Unsworth is a Pedo, whatever that is yet you all know for a fact that Musk did it solely for PR.

I submit if that were the case and the Thais were counting on the sub working and stopped all other avenues and it didn't work and kids died Musk would go bankrupt in about a day.  

He just isn't that stupid despite the claims of the majority here.  I would also posit if that were the case he would be worse than a pedo.  

Musk didn't become rich with four multi billion dollar enterprises (that I know of) by lying to his investors, to his employees or to the stockholders.  Unless you are the President of the USA that just would not work.

I await anyone's reply. Proof now not "because I think so".  

PS: Where is Unsworth's proof Musk did it strictly for PR? Based on what praytell?  I doubt anyone here even knows Musk.

Although I  am hesitant  in  any  comment  on this  ridiculous  spat I  agree with above. In retrospective it seems to me that Unsworth held his  hand  up in a  belated  effort  to  gain some publicity as an unsung  hero. If  his  comment  was published verbatim  in the context  of  "sticking it where it hurts" then  although unnecessary the  response  from Musk is somewhat understandable. Allegations of   his( Musk ) PR  stunting can  not  be  substantiated in any  form  other than  conjecture.

The reality of it is that the  Media Fest is  the usual parasitic propellant for  self gain  with  disregard of  outcome  beyond the  desire  to fuel a pointless confrontation.

Let  it be !

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Although I  am hesitant  in  any  comment  on this  ridiculous  spat I  agree with above. In retrospective it seems to me that Unsworth held his  hand  up in a  belated  effort  to  gain some publicity as an unsung  hero. If  his  comment  was published verbatim  in the context  of  "sticking it where it hurts" then  although unnecessary the  response  from Musk is somewhat understandable. Allegations of   his( Musk ) PR  stunting can  not  be  substantiated in any  form  other than  conjecture.

The reality of it is that the  Media Fest is  the usual parasitic propellant for  self gain  with  disregard of  outcome  beyond the  desire  to fuel a pointless confrontation.

Let  it be !

Well, I gotta go see if my TSLA stock is gonna go up or down but I leave you all with a last thought. I am positive if Musk had it to do all over again he would have responded differently.  

Replying to the interviewer he probably would have asked, "Well does this guy know me? No? Well has he talked with the lead diver and knows he asked me to keep working on the sub? No? Well does this guy know I am an engineer? No? Well is this guy an engineer? No? Well is he a diver?  No? Well has he seen the specs or the sub? No? Well has he taken the sub in the cave to test it? No? Well, then I guess he sounds like he knows <deleted> he is talking about then.

On the other hand he might have said, "Who the <deleted> is this guy to make an ad hominem attack on me without knowing a single fact"?

Or maybe he might have responded with, "Well, tell the technical genius there he is welcome to shove my sub up where it hurts".

PS: That photo shoot with the shoe being taped was staged. Now that wasn't a PR stunt was it?

6 hours ago, JLCrab said:

Should this ever reach court, at least in the US, the Musk legal team would have sufficient other defenses available other than what is suggested above.

so says you.

and i guess you very discreetly are hinting about some action that Vern might have/might not have/ done in the past?

well i dont know, short of actually being a pedofile, (which theres no proof anyone has brought up, or there are no charges known)

i cant think of anything Vern might have done that the judge will think Musk calling him a pedo is justified.

but maybe you know better?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dufusdonald said:

Thank you sir,

I was running some errands.  I assume the apologies will be forthcoming from the bashers?

"I assume the apologies will be forthcoming from the bashers?

Why?

There is a diver who asks for help (understandable and very nice of Musk to help) but it says nothing about requirements needed or that the solution offered is any good in this special circumstances.

2 hours ago, tingtongtourist said:

so says you.

and i guess you very discreetly are hinting about some action that Vern might have/might not have/ done in the past?

No -- just the standard defenses to the charge of libel at least under California law.

Vern ran off at the mouth...and received a response he didn't care for....there, there, Vern, don't cry.....this is what happens in real life, if you goad people with crass comments, expect the same in return with interest.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

He made a lot more BS comment beside the pedo thing, like it was very easy to get out of the cave:

https://www.techspot.com/news/75511-elon-musk-responds-thai-cave-diver-criticism-calling.html

Ironically, he was right about one thing (albeit inadvertently) when he stated that the kids swam into the deeper section of the cave. This was only confirmed in the media interview yesterday with the kids and coach yesterday, all prior information stated that the kids couldn't swim. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

"I assume the apologies will be forthcoming from the bashers?

Why?

There is a diver who asks for help (understandable and very nice of Musk to help) but it says nothing about requirements needed or that the solution offered is any good in this special circumstances.

Beyond silly reply. Thai engineers were in contact with Musk engineers. Do your homework

I would highly recommend all the bashers here might want to review all of Musk's tweets made back and forth. It appears someone originally sent him a tweet asking for his help. Keep scrolling down and read all the tweets and then I want any sane person here tell me he did it for PR.

I am sure the apologies will start flowing Musk's way. 

Here is the link:  https://twitter.com/elonmusk

•  

There is a video showing the sub with an individual in it risking his life to show it works.  Dozens of people working their asses off for PR?  

I'd use a derogatory word to describe Unsworth but don't want to get  kicked off here. Clearly he and the the bashers here are j.......

Edited by dufusdonald