Finacial Requirement If Any For Dependent Wife

My UK wife & I have now both reached 50 and we are considering retiring to LOS this year.

I'm familier with the 800,000 baht lump sum or 65,000 baht per month pension requirements (which I can meet) but would like to know that if my wife came with me as my dependent, what would be the financial requirements for her.

It's my understanding that she would have to leave the country every 90 days if she came as my dependent.

Any advice would be most welcome.

Regards, Spiritman

There is no financial requirement at all for your wife’s annual extension of stay as your dependent.

Once she has her extension of stay, your wife does not need to leave the country ever if she does not wish to so. However, both of you will need to report your current address to the immigration office every 90 days. If you prefer, you can do this by mail 7 days before the due date for the report.

If either of you wish to travel outside Thailand, you must get a re-entry permit (fee: 1000 baht for single re-entry, 3800 Baht for multiple re-entry) in order to keep your extension of stay alive.

--

Maestro

I don't want to highjack "Spiritman's" thread here, but I have basically the same question with just a little different twist.

I am a US citizen and plan on moving to Thailand from the Philippines shortly. Like Spiritman, I qualify for the Thai Retirement Visa too, due to age and pension income .... I may very soon marry my Filipina girlfriend which is 24 years old while here in the Philippines.

1. Once we are married, can she also come live in Thailand as my dependent and stay there without leaving every 3 months like Spiritman's 50 + year old wife from the UK?

2. Is the requirement for both of us to report our current address to the immigration office every 90 days because of a dependent living with me? ..... I have not heard of this requirement for a single guy living in Thailand on a Retirement Visa (just have to renew the visa yearly).

Thank's,

Ron

Edited by Turbota

I'm familier with the 800,000 baht lump sum or 65,000 baht per month pension requirements (which I can meet) but would like to know that if my wife came with me as my dependent, what would be the financial requirements for her.
None
It's my understanding that she would have to leave the country every 90 days if she came as my dependent.

No need to travel if she gets the extension of stay inside Thailand. She MUST arrive in Thailand with a non immigrant visa. You cannot change from a tourist or tourist visa exemption stamp to an "O" visa based on being a dependent. Only the extension of stay is allowed off the 90 day non immigrant visa.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com