Honda Forza 300 - 2018. Price and Availability?

I have the older style Forza and I do prefer it to the 2018 model.

As for ease of driving, my daughter who rides a Scoopy has commented that my Forza is much easier to drive and feels lighter than her Scoopy.  Probably down to the low centre of gravity.  She said that she felt so much safer driving my scooter.

I must admit that when I first saw it, I was a little apprehensive because of the size.  After driving for an hour or two, I found it much easier to ride than the smaller scooters.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/21/2018 at 2:38 PM, toofarnorth said:

Mine hovers around the 39 mark , never seems to change .

mine is always around the 28 mark.  so clearly something is not right.  We are talking about the 300cc Honda Forza right?  and kms to the litre?

1 minute ago, nickmondo said:

mine is always around the 28 mark.  so clearly something is not right.  We are talking about the 300cc Honda Forza right?  and kms to the litre?

the wealth of information on the internet tells me it should average 30 kms to the litre.  so somebody is telling porkys.

4 hours ago, nickmondo said:

honda website states 31 kms to the litre.  so goodness knows what you are dong to get 41?  try turning the engine on mate.  ha ha

Around the town I get around 30 but on a long run (recently went to Krabi) it goes above 40.

9 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

I have contacted 6-7 shops in the area Rayong Pattaya in the last 6 weeks. Nothing at all, no call back.

As mentioned before, on Facebook they started to sale it over the recommended price. So if you ready to fork out 5k to 10k more, you'll get one within 1-2 weeks I guess.
If you want to pay cash the normal price I would be not so sure about it.

The Honda dealers like to take a opportunity if the see it... But face to face non of the dealers suggested to me to pay more,  but they don't want a down payment to accept a written order neither.

So I suspect they order the quota they are able to order, sale it for the highest price or with an inflated credit deal and only if those customers are served the "standard retails price cash paying customer" is called back.

Hello Uwe,

Thank you for the answer, I guess I just have to cross my fingers and hope that there will be some availability in September ?

Let me know if the market changes ?

19 hours ago, nickmondo said:

the wealth of information on the internet tells me it should average 30 kms to the litre.  so somebody is telling porkys.

Just a thought.  Have you tried resetting your trip?  You don't really want to know the average since you bought the machine,  but the consumption you're getting now.  I reset every time I fill up which is why I know the difference in consumption depending upon the drive.  Whether around town, fast journey, moderate speed etc.  You'd be surprised the difference on a long run at 130 against the same run at 110.

I'm sure some of you guys are not resetting your eco-meter and therefore looking at the average stat since you bought the bike.  As I've said, I reset mine every fill.  I can immediately see the difference in consumption depending upon the drive.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:07 PM, possum1931 said:

It must have been a very heavy suit case, I get 41Kms per Litre on mine.

41km per litre = 2,44 litre per 100km

I also find that very hard to believe.  Maybe if you go steady 80-90 km/h with little to no braking around 3 ltr. But 2.4 ltr?

With 2.4 ltr. on 100km your 11.6 ltr tank would give you 475km. 

I think if  you post a video to youtube showing you drive 475km on one tank of fuel, Honda Thailand will sponsor your next bike.?

Here is  a guy which monitors consumption over a couple of years:

https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/642226.html

Average 3.5 ltr / 100km or 28km per litre.

19 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

41km per litre = 2,44 litre per 100km

I also find that very hard to believe.  Maybe if you go steady 80-90 km/h with little to no braking around 3 ltr. But 2.4 ltr?

With 2.4 ltr. on 100km your 11.6 ltr tank would give you 475km. 

I think if  you post a video to youtube showing you drive 475km on one tank of fuel, Honda Thailand will sponsor your next bike.?

Here is  a guy which monitors consumption over a couple of years:

https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detailansicht/642226.html

Average 3.5 ltr / 100km or 28km per litre.

Bike mainly only used on long journeys. only occasionally goes over 60 kph. I know what my speedo says, right now it is 40.9 kpl. Is it telling lies?

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Bike mainly only used on long journeys. only occasionally goes over 60 kph. I know what my speedo says, right now it is 40.9 kpl. Is it telling lies?

There is a simple solution. Fill your bike up (brimful). Reset your Trip KM to 0. Drive 200-300 km and refill your bike again (brimful).
The best is if you use a GPS mileage counter, most smartphones have GPS now, the app's are free. 

For example if you drive 235km and you refill your bike with 7 litres then you can calculate

235km /7 litres=33.571km per litre

or

7*100/235=2.978 litre per 100km

Usually the Forza speedometer is relatively accurate unless you've changed the tire dimension.
For a PCX 41km per litre is not unusual but a Forza weighs a lot more and is 150ccm bigger.
41km per litre would be spectacular, on the other hand I have never tried to drive a longer stretch under 60km/h. I usually cruise around 90-110km/h.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

Got my NEW Forza 300 today. I waited less than 2 weeks ?

Now, if only the official accessories were released I would be a happy man.

I really want to know if a official smartphone holder will be available for the Forza 300 2018???

Super ! In what City have you ordered your bike?

30 minutes ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

I ordered it in SaKaeo

OK, thank you.
I heard in Bangkok the situation is also a lot better compared to Pattaya the waiting list here is long and there is very little competition as Mityon Company owns 90% of all bike shops between Chonburi and Rayong. 
Have fun with your new bike ?

14 hours ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

Got my NEW Forza 300 today. I waited less than 2 weeks ?

Now, if only the official accessories were released I would be a happy man.

I really want to know if a official smartphone holder will be available for the Forza 300 2018???

Congrats on your new scooter. What color did you choose?  Were you able to select from all three colors?  

What are your overall impressions of your new 2018 Forza 300? Can you compare its ride to that of the original 
Forza 300?

I'm curious: This guy test drove the XMax 300 and the new 2018 Forza 300 scooters!

Can anyone translate and list the opinions and observations that the reviewer expresses after he tested both the XMax 300 and then the new 2018 Forza 300 scooters in these two videos? 

& 

5 hours ago, luwahn said:

Congrats on your new scooter. What color did you choose?  Were you able to select from all three colors?  

What are your overall impressions of your new 2018 Forza 300? Can you compare its ride to that of the original 
Forza 300?

Hehehe I am still not in Thailand. I basically sent the GF to the shop to pay and then I am coming to Thailand in September to do some riding ?

I picked up the Silver Color.

I have never been or ridden a Forza before. So I would not know the differance. However there are NOW a few english reviews on youtube that you can look at ..

On 7/21/2018 at 9:22 AM, Just1Voice said:

I've got a 2013 Forza that I'm waiting to trade for a 2018, but my wife's friend, who works at Honda at Niyom Panich here in Chiang Mai, told her they have no idea of when the new ones will be here. 

I have the new FORZA 300 . The price is 169.000thb.

Picked up my Forza 300 yesterday in Min Buri (Bangkok), was infact in to buy some service parts for the Honda Click. So bought airfilter, spark plug, brake pads and a Forza 300, it took them two hours to prepare (PDS) the bike.

Unfortunatelly I just bought a PCX150 2018 two month ago and has only driven 380 Km, anyhow trade it in.

13 minutes ago, stjp8729 said:

Picked up my Forza 300 yesterday in Min Buri (Bangkok), was infact in to buy some service parts for the Honda Click. So bought airfilter, spark plug, brake pads and a Forza 300, it took them two hours to prepare (PDS) the bike.

Unfortunatelly I just bought a PCX150 2018 two month ago and has only driven 380 Km, anyhow trade it in.

That's a real impulse purchase.

15 hours ago, THAIJAMES said:

What are your opinions for a person that is 6' 3"   193 cm?

would the leg room not be enough

The tester in the new Forza 300 review posted in uwe_Rayon's post (above) says he is 6'2" and I think he goes to some length to address his leg-length comfort in his report.

Archived