Honda Forza 300 - 2018. Price and Availability?

Hello,

1. Do any of you know the going rate for the new Honda Forza 300 - 2018 model?

2. Do you know the prices of the extras... Like the ALARM, REAR RACK MOUNT, LUGGAGE BOX?

3. Do you know if this bike is currently hard to get or do most places have them on stock?

I will be coming next September and I am hoping to grab one of the shelf then...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very rare in Chiang Mai, not seen any stock and only seen one in showroom. So far not getting indications of availability and as for options, no clear picture. Sorry.

Pattaya had it then disappeared . Price would be around 160000 ( I am guessing to match and compete with Xmax)

but again only a guess, it looks identical to Xmax, would not surprise me if Yamaha is in legal battle over this and this why pulled from sale.

The price of the Forza is 168,000 THB plus registration and insurance.

There is no stock available, I ordered 5 weeks ago and still waiting. Last Thursday I asked again, and they promised me delivery within the next 4 weeks. We'll see. 

On Facebook they started to sale above the Honda Price, so if you willing to pay 10000 THB more, you'll get one in BKK.

However, the dealer I ordered didn't want any down payment for the order, so I can still buy something else if I want.

In my area are some of those new Forzas already on the street. 

Yamaha can not complain about "design copy". In Spain Honda sales an almost identical Forza model since 2014 with a 125ccm engine:

I think Xmax and Forza are similar, I would prefer the Forza but if they can not deliver in the 4 weeks I'll consider the Yamaha.
The Xmax is in stock in every bigger Yamaha Shop in my area.

Odd isn't it.  I bought my Forza in Nov. 2015 , a mate had bought one a couple of weeks earlier , I sat on it liked it walked over the road to GWH ( way up North ) ordered an orange one and it arrived about 3 days later , cost then 155.000B . Only seen 2 other orange ones since then.

2 hours ago, BestB said:

but again only a guess, it looks identical to Xmax, would not surprise me if Yamaha is in legal battle over this and this why pulled from sale.

Rather odd suggestion considering that the Honda Forza 300 came out in 2013. My friend bought one in Chiang Main in 2013.

The Yamaha Xmax 300 came out in  2017. Also the styling is quite different. Unless all mid-sized scooters look the same to you.

The latest Forza is readily available from the Honda dealer in Hua Hin.  Maybe a couple of weeks wait.  I own the earlier model, and having tested the new one, I have to say, I actually prefer my older one.  I felt a bit more cramped on the new one.  It is a pretty bike though.  I rode mine from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, with large suitcase strapped to the back seat.  Took 3 days over the trip to do some sight seeing, but the bike handled it extremely easily and around 28kms per litre fuel consumption.  

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Pattaya had it then disappeared . Price would be around 160000 ( I am guessing to match and compete with Xmax)

That's the price I paid for mine three years ago.

2 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Odd isn't it.  I bought my Forza in Nov. 2015 , a mate had bought one a couple of weeks earlier , I sat on it liked it walked over the road to GWH ( way up North ) ordered an orange one and it arrived about 3 days later , cost then 155.000B . Only seen 2 other orange ones since then.

Orange?? I bought mine also in 2015, and the colours available then were, Black, White

Red and Blue.

19 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

The latest Forza is readily available from the Honda dealer in Hua Hin.  Maybe a couple of weeks wait.  I own the earlier model, and having tested the new one, I have to say, I actually prefer my older one.  I felt a bit more cramped on the new one.  It is a pretty bike though.  I rode mine from Hua Hin to Chiang Mai, with large suitcase strapped to the back seat.  Took 3 days over the trip to do some sight seeing, but the bike handled it extremely easily and around 28kms per litre fuel consumption.  

It must have been a very heavy suit case, I get 41Kms per Litre on mine.

2 hours ago, BradinAsia said:

Rather odd suggestion considering that the Honda Forza 300 came out in 2013. My friend bought one in Chiang Main in 2013.

The Yamaha Xmax 300 came out in  2017. Also the styling is quite different. Unless all mid-sized scooters look the same to you.

may I suggest you are confusing the last Forza model with the 2018 model which is rather different in appearance and yes, similar to the Xmax.

Unless all midsize scooters look the same to YOU...

Have you actually owned or seen either in real life?

do you actually know the difference between 2013 model and 2018 model?

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

Orange?? I bought mine also in 2015, and the colours available then were, Black, White

Red and Blue.

I would of bought a red one as I like my red PCX but it was not available. perhaps the colour change came later in the year , just checked my diary and bought on Nov. 5th. Oh there was the other new colour a sort of radio active green .

11 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Mine hovers around the 39 mark , never seems to change .

Up until about 6 months ago, mine was at 46, and even hit 47 on occasion, but now it hovers between

40.9 and 41.

I'm more than happy with my 2012 150 PCX,  thinking lately of handling it over to my son.  Look at the new PCX, at 100,000 and not a lot of changes I see it as overpriced.

I've seen the older Forza, it is huge and like a boat in my opinion. When I saw the X-Max if I was in the market for a 300CC, I would pick X-Max without hesitation if it was the design alone. I just love the Honda dependability but the Forza look so much bigger and like a boat.  The X-Max, seem a bit larger than their 150 X- Arex. 

But this year Forza, the design more sporty which makes the bike look smaller like the X-Max, If I was in the market based on the new design I would go with the Honda.  I heard for an addition 4-6,000 baht, you could bring a color sample of your liking and they would produce the bike in that color. I know for a fact they do this for the PCX.

7 hours ago, alant said:

may I suggest you are confusing the last Forza model with the 2018 model which is rather different in appearance and yes, similar to the Xmax.

Unless all midsize scooters look the same to YOU...

same same

4 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I'm more than happy with my 2012 150 PCX,  thinking lately of handling it over to my son.  Look at the new PCX, at 100,000 and not a lot of changes I see it as overpriced.

I've seen the older Forza, it is huge and like a boat in my opinion. When I saw the X-Max if I was in the market for a 300CC, I would pick X-Max without hesitation if it was the design alone. I just love the Honda dependability but the Forza look so much bigger and like a boat.  The X-Max, seem a bit larger than their 150 X- Arex. 

But this year Forza, the design more sporty which makes the bike look smaller like the X-Max, If I was in the market based on the new design I would go with the Honda.  I heard for an addition 4-6,000 baht, you could bring a color sample of your liking and they would produce the bike in that color. I know for a fact they do this for the PCX.

The old Forza 2013-2018 looked somewhat like a bathtub.

forza2013.png.f630ff04077ffe032778c9e9028db3a5.png

The new one Forza 300 2018 :

Forza2018.png.1b9da81af3a05acf3009abd5a2546c94.png

It looks somewhat similar to Xmax:

xmax2018.png.53b5d131f4a1ca76c9d703ea96665884.png

However, the "new" model of Forza 300 (2018) in Thailand is optical almost same as the Honda Forza 125 from Europe since 2014-2015.

Forza2015.png.8296f9baced3a00d66a9d10406689dac.png

1 minute ago, uwe_rayong said:

However, the "new" model of Forza 300 (2018) in Thailand is optical almost same as the Honda Forza 125 from Europe since 2014-2015.

Always nice to know that a company is so lazy that they would take a 5 year old model and release it as if it was “ all new”

actually exactly why I have turned off Honda , no imagination at all, hardly anything since they brought out pcx originally .

yamaha makes new designs and always keeps in touch with customers

6 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Always nice to know that a company is so lazy that they would take a 5 year old model and release it as if it was “ all new”

actually exactly why I have turned off Honda , no imagination at all, hardly anything since they brought out pcx originally .

PS. I had the forza when it first came out in 2013, was like a boat . Hate it . Got rid of it , love the Xmax 

31 minutes ago, BestB said:

PS. I had the forza when it first came out in 2013, was like a boat . Hate it . Got rid of it , love the Xmax 

Yamaha also sold the Xmax in 2015 in Europe, same as the "all new Xmax in Thailand " a lot later.

I see little difference between those two.  Both Honda and Yamaha sold in Europe years ago with 125ccm.

When it comes to PCX segment and a lot of other of the new smaller scooters, Yamaha is definitely more innovative. 
PCX in Europe only with ABS, in Thailand expensive and without ABS. Nmax Front and Back ABS and better price.

But Forza and Xmax is not much difference. Both Smart Key, Traction Control, ABS etc. 

Only gimmick on the Forza is the electric windshield and a nicer Cockpit. Yamaha is slightly faster. 
If you happy with the Xmax that is perfect. I also consider buying it, because the Forza is not easy get right now and I'm not willing to pay anything above the official Honda Price.If no Forza within the next 4 weeks, I'll buy the Xmax as it is everywhere available.

2021124217_xmax2015.png.f154992fdff3f1dbdfac62b2133be6f5.png

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Have you actually owned or seen either in real life?

do you actually know the difference between 2013 model and 2018 model?

Sorry I caused you to get your panties in such a knot.

I'm only saying the obvious -- if you have time to take a look at the two (2018 model) machines

side by side you will note that the front forks are very different, the fairings are not even similar

-- the only real similarity is the two-level (stepped) seat. But any number of other scooters also

have that type seat, it's not that special.

Here's a link with a side by side photo -- http://motorcycle.boxzaracing.com/news/24138

I'm only saying the obvious -- if you have time to take a look at the two (2018 model) machines

side by side you will note that the front forks are very different, the fairings are not even similar

-- the only real similarity is the two-level (stepped) seat. But any number of other scooters also

Here's a link with a side by side photo -- http://motorcycle.boxzaracing.com/news/24138

fraternal twins ?

8 hours ago, uwe_rayong said:

First,  It is a thing called opinion!  and the choice of using bathtub is accurate to me.

You presented the first picture " to me "  the panels are smooth like a bathtub.  The new design like the X-Max the panels aren't stretched out without a break there are more contours and use of different black panels to give break thus it a more sporty look.

7 hours ago, BradinAsia said:

Another words no clue at all but to avoid looking foolish google to the rescue ?

22 minutes ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

Please, can we get back on topic ?

I am getting nervous that I might not be able to get a hold of a New Forza in September ?

Perhaps I just need to call up all the shops a 1-2 weeks in advance.

I guess lucky it’s not like not having matching donor for kidney transplant ???

40 minutes ago, Magnus Gunnarsson said:

Please, can we get back on topic ?

I am getting nervous that I might not be able to get a hold of a New Forza in September ?

Perhaps I just need to call up all the shops a 1-2 weeks in advance.

I have contacted 6-7 shops in the area Rayong Pattaya in the last 6 weeks. Nothing at all, no call back.

As mentioned before, on Facebook they started to sale it over the recommended price. So if you ready to fork out 5k to 10k more, you'll get one within 1-2 weeks I guess.
If you want to pay cash the normal price I would be not so sure about it.

The Honda dealers like to take a opportunity if the see it... But face to face non of the dealers suggested to me to pay more,  but they don't want a down payment to accept a written order neither.

So I suspect they order the quota they are able to order, sale it for the highest price or with an inflated credit deal and only if those customers are served the "standard retails price cash paying customer" is called back.

Archived