Singapore Airlines back on top. Thai Airways in 10th place.

rooster59

Just now, ginjag said:

Air Asia, Nok, Lion,  seem to do very well,     Some people who post may have an attitude problem.  We all over the years have had some not so nice flights but we are talking about the average ones.

No attitude problem I am talking about my 1-time experience with them But fly on with whoever you want its a free world. You tell it as you see it.

10 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

No attitude problem I am talking about my 1-time experience with them But fly on with whoever you want its a free world. You tell it as you see it.

ONE time,  you do not have these problems on one flight,    if it was so bad the airline would be out of business,  

1 hour ago, ginjag said:

ONE time,  you do not have these problems on one flight,    if it was so bad the airline would be out of business,  

Maybe but advertising helps and the lure of cheap tickets. It's like buying a car. Both cars an do the same thing but you will buy the one that is cheaper in most cases unless u have an abundance of money. That flight to Singapore was a nightmare. From departure to landing. But ok take your air Asia I will choose another airline and then we are both happy ok. But do yourself a favor read about the Air Asia flight that crashed from Indonesia To Kl All dead. Could have been avoided if the guidelines adhered to

21 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Maybe but advertising helps and the lure of cheap tickets. It's like buying a car. Both cars an do the same thing but you will buy the one that is cheaper in most cases unless u have an abundance of money. That flight to Singapore was a nightmare. From departure to landing. But ok take your air Asia I will choose another airline and then we are both happy ok. But do yourself a favor read about the Air Asia flight that crashed from Indonesia To Kl All dead. Could have been avoided if the guidelines adhered to

What is all this Air Asia business,      Even the biggest airlines have crashes.      Air Asia have a younger fleet than Thai. I fly Air Asia, Nok, Lion, Thai Smile EVA, Emirates -Etihad BA,     It is availability most of the time, flight times that suit, the choice at the time. NOT just the cheapest. Do yourself a favour and read the good reports about Air Asia as well.  Less favourable Airlines are some African, Tarom, Beman, Aeroflot, Garuda,  the best in my estimation are New Zealand.

• Like 1

Just now, ginjag said:

What is all this Air Asia business,      Even the biggest airlines have crashes.      Air Asia have a younger fleet than Thai. I fly Air Asia, Nok, Lion, Thai Smile EVA, Emirates -Etihad BA,     It is availability most of the time, flight times that suit, the choice at the time. NOT just the cheapest. Do yourself a favour and read the good reports about Air Asia as well.  Less favourable Airlines are some African, Tarom, Beman, Aeroflot, Garuda,  the best in my estimation are New Zealand.

Sorry due to slow post acceptance, I posted a second time

1 hour ago, ginjag said:

Ok end of talk You are happy with AirAsia I am not so let it be Happy flying You had a good experience I have not so bye

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:31 AM, Thian said:

Singapore Air also costs a lot more than the other airlines.

More expensive does't necessarily make better quality, but higher quality usually costs more. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ginjag said:

Quote " you have always  found "   ????       WRONG about EVA, I have never found EVA  more expensive,, try Philip, Qantas, Get your google sorted

Try googling first class on EVA and Thai. Thai wins every time.

1 hour ago, ginjag said:

cough cough, First class    ha ha ha.........showing off are we  ??

As for the normal travelers in the real world, go into a travel shop and ask for economy price BKK to London return  between Eva and Thai.  EVA win  near every time.

2 hours ago, ginjag said:

As for the normal travelers in the real world, go into a travel shop and ask for economy price BKK to London return  between Eva and Thai.  EVA win  near every time.

The shops are conning you then. Just checked Expedia for 3rd Jan to 20th Jan

image.png.520fd136ba8ee487de154ed84b4d050f.png

25 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

The shops are conning you then. Just checked Expedia for 3rd Jan to 20th Jan

image.png.520fd136ba8ee487de154ed84b4d050f.png

Get better promotion fares from travel shops,    ask for promotions,  also select better dates for prices.    JANUARY  ????      did you go to this date to find a dearer EVA  ??

Edited by ginjag

1 minute ago, ginjag said:

Get better promotion fares from travel shops,    ask for promotions,  also select better dates for prices.    

I would be amazed if shops can get better prices than the net as they have larger overheads. Could be wrong of course.

I fly three times a year to Thailand and due to my job are unable to be flexible on dates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelseafan said:

I would be amazed if shops can get better prices than the net as they have larger overheads. Could be wrong of course.

I fly three times a year to Thailand and due to my job are unable to be flexible on dates.

My friends and family fly on average prices from the UK 599,     However booking from Thailand return the same flight would be  799 pound.  From BKK to LHR  I normally travel   Etihad or Emirates to Manchester 1 stop  about 30,000 bht

I just heard that Singapore air is experimenting with moving young kids to special departments so they don't bother the other passengers.

That's the best thing i heard this year, i hope more airlines will follow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:02 PM, Chelseafan said:

I've flown in first numerous times and whilst I will admit the service can be a little hit and miss on occasions that's no different to any other airline. It just depends on what crew you get and how well they are trained. I flew back from BKK yesterday and the service was exceptional.

sure flights can be hit/miss with any airline,

TG is pretty constant I find

the main problem in my view, is the same you can experience in restaurants and shops in LoS,

they are quite simply blind - the don't look up and around walkin' up and down aisles without noticing pax sitting along the aisle

i have many times pondered if I should bring a bunch of white sticks and hand out to the crew with a thank you

• Like 1

On 7/22/2018 at 6:34 AM, spidermike007 said:

Not sure if Thai air deserves the number ten ranking. I hear their business class is good. But economy? My few experiences with Thai were very underwhelming.

I won't be flying Thai Air again.  Expensive and too hot.