Temp Health Insurance

chicowoodduck

I have a health insurance policy with AXA here in Thailand....it expires on 31/08/2018

I leave Thailand on 12/13/2018 and am wondering if there is any place one can get temp health coverage, in this case for 3 month period....currently land based in the Pattaya area? ?

Have you already checked with AXA whether they can offer a 4 month renewal?

I think many companies offer 3 and 6 month options, including April. Suggest you ask AA brokers, they have an office in Pattaya.

Another option, if no other alternative appears, would be to renew for a year and then cancel after you leave Thailand, check the policy language to be sure they offer a pro-rated refund for renewal and make note of how much notice you are required to give for cancellation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2018 at 11:54 AM, Sheryl said:

Have you already checked with AXA whether they can offer a 4 month renewal?

I think many companies offer 3 and 6 month options, including April. Suggest you ask AA brokers, they have an office in Pattaya.

Another option, if no other alternative appears, would be to renew for a year and then cancel after you leave Thailand, check the policy language to be sure they offer a pro-rated refund for renewal and make note of how much notice you are required to give for cancellation.

I checked with AXA and they gave me a 500,000 THB medical rider on my existing policy that covers me until I fly out of TH the middle of Dec. ???

The cost was only 41.00 USD.....got off cheap....lol....?

Archived