American Barring Order holder denied Medical Visa Entry

11 hours ago, Injured said:

It takes a while to comprehend you have 2 departments of the foreign ministry control visa which one has responsibility of issue and the other is enforcement.

Embassies and immigrations fall under two different ministries. Embassies do not have access to the information available to immigrations.

They must have access to the same records as immigration, and many times the ban is stamped on the passport too.

They don't have access to the same information. Something stamped in a passport might result in a refusal to issue a visa, but if the applicant gets a new passport, embassies would not know about something stamped in the previous passport, whereas immigrations would.

Edited by Suradit69

1 hour ago, pontious said:

Many people come for medical treatment.. They have the correct visa but the difference is they are not banned from entering Thailand.

You have the correct visa but ARE banned from Thailand till 2020.

That is your fault not Thailand.

You have no idea how many as medical have come in. Immigration has no idea who is in this country.  This has been voiced and confirmed. February 2018 , computer system not ready for maybe 6 months.  Need everyone out before in?  But,  all these backpackers coming in. They have required funds? Where they go?  They fill the T6 with address and walk the country. Are they not to show an address? Entry says,  where to stay?  Are they there? 

A medical visa.  Denied entry, doctor says no long travel. You are denying treatment for medical reasons.  But,  you feed,  house,  medical treatment to murders,  rapists. Do you comprehend medical needs? So,  if a person is convulsing,  handcuffed,  and has a barring order,  you do nothing and let him die? 

YOU MUST WORK IMMIGRATION!

I would strongly suggest a stay at the Wat. No compassion, humanity, power,  you do for you self and not needs of others.  That's the current problem with Thailand. 

What is 3 years?  Time to get the computer working? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, connda said:

Thailand will not become a global medical hub if it can't get it's act together regarding smoothing the way for Visa extensions for individuals who have debilitating health conditions such as stroke.  Thai Immigration should be working directly with Thai hospitals which are caring for Medical Visa holder, or for that matter any visa holder who is medically incapacitated, to assure that they don't run afoul with Immigration. 

Given the aging expat community, it's going to look really good on international media when incapacitated patients are dragged out of their hospital bed or homes and throw in jail for 'overstaying their visa' when they were physically unable to process the visa paperwork while debilitated. 

"Thailand will not become a global medical hub if it can't get it's act together regarding smoothing the way for Visa extensions for individuals who have debilitating health conditions..."

Thailand has got it's act together regarding this as I know from personal experience and it has had it's act together for many years on this subject.  If you don't get a doctors letter confirming your inability that is no one's fault but your own.  If you can't get one then it's safe to assume that you're not incapacitated enough to not travel before the end of your permission to stay.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought, I think it is impossible unless you pay someone in immigration or an immigration officer a million or two baht to enter,  sometimes corruption isn't that bad.  Or two years in current time is not that long.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

You overstayed 635 days - be grateful you're not banned for life because you would be in many western countries.  Crying foul is more than a bit rich. 

But most western countries have avenues for appeal against immigration decisions (or 'non decisions') and may allow for entry based on individual circumstances, family or compassionate grounds.

I'm not aware that Thailand allows appeal or redress against administrative decisions? Most western countries have some sort of immigration admin law built into the legislation and a clear, defined process for appeal.

40 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

But most western countries have avenues for appeal against immigration decisions (or 'non decisions') and may allow for entry based on individual circumstances, family or compassionate grounds.

I'm not aware that Thailand allows appeal or redress against administrative decisions? Most western countries have some sort of immigration admin law built into the legislation and a clear, defined process for appeal.

Thailand has procedures to request that blacklisting be lifted. I think the two most common reasons are because the blacklisting was done in error (clearly not the case in the OP's case) or compassionate grounds (where the OP may qualify). As I understand it, an appeal on compassionate grounds is never considered until you have been out of the country for at least 12 months. Even then, you would need a good lawyer to lobby on your behalf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Thailand has procedures to request that blacklisting be lifted. I think the two most common reasons are because the blacklisting was done in error (clearly not the case in the OP's case) or compassionate grounds (where the OP may qualify). As I understand it, an appeal on compassionate grounds is never considered until you have been out of the country for at least 12 months. Even then, you would need a good lawyer to lobby on your behalf.

You forgot the money procedure.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"Thailand will not become a global medical hub if it can't get it's act together regarding smoothing the way for Visa extensions for individuals who have debilitating health conditions..."

Thailand has got it's act together regarding this as I know from personal experience and it has had it's act together for many years on this subject.  If you don't get a doctors letter confirming your inability that is no one's fault but your own.  If you can't get one then it's safe to assume that you're not incapacitated enough to not travel before the end of your permission to stay.

How much you actually assume?  Is it not better to learn facts.  Now you are a doctor?  I don't think your personal experience is much based on assumptions.  Or is it clearer after the first bottle? 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, thedemon said:

Spot on demon.  The lawyer wasn't worth a damn and immigration sat on it.  Wait and let it go.  Forget about it and it will go away.  Thai mentality. It's just a ploy.  They split the reasons.  Either medical or barring order.  The barring order take priority over medical. They can treat the patient as it still is a visa with a entry/exit period. Patient can be treated with same initial physician. When physican considers the patient well. He can apply as required or exit the country. 

We have the same rights as a local if married to a Thai in obtaining work.  However. If injured,  we can not ask for medical assistance. 

This is where the separation steps in.  You have a barring order.  It does not allow entry for medical. Now,  where in the law does it say this? There is none. Everyone in immigration check.... Are your shoes on the correct foot. 

I look from this view,  if I am correct,  it will still take another year to correct and allow entry. I'm in no hurry.  I still wonder,  what is 3 years? 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, connda said:

Thailand will not become a global medical hub if it can't get it's act together regarding smoothing the way for Visa extensions for individuals who have debilitating health conditions such as stroke.  Thai Immigration should be working directly with Thai hospitals which are caring for Medical Visa holder, or for that matter any visa holder who is medically incapacitated, to assure that they don't run afoul with Immigration. 

Given the aging expat community, it's going to look really good on international media when incapacitated patients are dragged out of their hospital bed or homes and throw in jail for 'overstaying their visa' when they were physically unable to process the visa paperwork while debilitated. 

I would wager that 99.9% of any foreigner with an MT visa doesn't have a history of abusing the Thai Immigration system or a temporary entry bar.

There's already a tried and tested procedure for old, bedridden and otherwise incapacitated foreigners already in the country to maintain a legal immigration status. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

You have a temporary bar on entry to Thailand.

Your cumulative medical conditions are unfortunate but purely coincidental and totally irrelevant as far as a temporary entry bar is concerned. A MT visa does't trump a temporary entry bar.

Nan,  where in the law is this written?  There is none.  You are telling me medical condition of a person is no concern of Thai,?  Irrelevant?  Means,,,  of no concern.  Thank you.

You have made an assumption of law which is not written. As I stated. The overstay penalty was not corrected in entirety only the penalty was changed.   But,  no immigration official will put that in written form with stamp to the petition. They hide!  Or think it will just go away. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I would wager that 99.9% of any foreigner with an MT visa doesn't have a history of abusing the Thai Immigration system or a temporary entry bar.

There's already a tried and tested procedure for old, bedridden and otherwise incapacitated foreigners already in the country to maintain a legal immigration status. 

You better get your facts.  The country has no idea who is in the country. That's why these articles have impacted the entire country. How many MT visa?  How many bedridden?  You do not have the exact number. Immigration confirmed they have no accountability system in place Feb 2018. But you do? Another personal assumption. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, connda said:

4 hours ago, Just Weird said:

1 hour ago, thedemon said:

You can easily tell as a Thai or immigration person jumps on. 

First they make assumptions,  then the you should have,  then the Thailand not wrong you wrong,  it's like Thai drivers,  aggressive and fast on the straight ways.  But,  a turn comes and it crawls. Thats how Thai politics work.

Read from the top again.  ( Doctors diagnosis and a doctors request for return for re-examination  was submitted. ) written in Thai. 

I sincerely hope you never have the experience of a stroke.  I also lost partial sight in left eye. You will. 

Edited by Injured
  • Confused 2

Look, you cocked up and find yourself between a rock and hard space. Deal with it until 2020 when you can legally return.

You are an American. Catch a slow boat back to the US that probably has the most superior medical treatment capabilities on the planet and get sorted out. You have mentioned military clearances so avail yourself of any benefits afforded to US veterans. Your insurance will cover it.

5 hours ago, Injured said:

Wrong.  The situation of the visa decides your entry. Reasons for entry due to medical treatment and request of a physician.  Having a barring order just pertains to entry. You see nothing wrong with a country that denies entry for medical reasons? Even a jailed murderer has medical treatment?   Medical visa is not a tourist visa.  But has a time limit same. They could allow entry based on the visa time to gain treatment. Sure my fault.  I wanted a stroke. I originally just requested temporary visitation. But the twit lawyer said easier just revolt the order. See the doc and back to work. Thailand fault?  No. It's immigration fault for not keeping track of entries and departures. He needs a brand new computer system. Why not just perform the job?  Immigration has no idea who is in Thailand. So,  how to fix the problem.? Get foreigners to come to immigration for interview on new visas,  changes,  reporting. At the entry points setup more interview on foreigners coming into Thailand. You check each foreigner you cross path. In fact. After 25 years,  immigration is finally working. What happened prior?  The Boss slip up on supervision of the job?  Let down the safety and security of Thailand? 

No.  Not my fault,  no.  Not Thailand fault. Who's fault ? 

Get a reality check, you and you only are to blame for your current situation. You are not a Thai citizen so Thailand has nothing to do with your medical issues. You also will never be a Thai citizen as you have utter disregards for its immigration laws. With this attitude they should ban you for life.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Get a reality check, you and you only are to blame for your current situation. You are not a Thai citizen so Thailand has nothing to do with your medical issues. You also will never be a Thai citizen as you have utter disregards for its immigration laws. With this attitude they should ban you for life.

LOL,  get a life.  I gave a choice,  you don't. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FritsSikkink said:

You don't have a choice anymore, you gave that up when you choose to ignore the law, now you pay the price.

It's not a law.  It's an incorporated amendment attached. 

Your educated.  For social media  lol

• Confused 1