Video: Who's in the wrong? Not the tractor driver!

webfact

Video: Who's in the wrong? Not the tractor driver!

9pm.jpg

Video from Surin showed an accident at an intersection in Ban Khot Takhian district on Sunday.

A farmer was thrown from his tractor cab after he was collided head on by a pick-up.

Moments earlier the pick-up swerved to avoid another pick-up coming out of a side road.

Thai media asked who was to blame?

They said it was negligence with both pick-up drivers in an unnecessary hurry.

Source: Sportringside

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You surely are not serious with that comment!!

If you are serious, you have no idea.

Around the country they use tractors with front blades to clear back vegetation growing out onto the road.

That is exactly what the tractor driver was doing.

Also this is Thailand, forget about safety signs etc, it just does not happen.

Pickup entering from the side road was 100% to blame for the accident, nobody else.

Article says he's a farmer.  I don't see any vegetation that needs to be removed from the shoulder of the road.  FAIL!

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Watch the video again, his blade is on the ground scraping vegetation.

If you cannot see that, then i hope you are not driving on the roads.

It doesn't matter.  Unless he's been engaged by the province's DLT to clear the shoulders, he enjoys no protection from his own negligence.  A freelancer do-gooder cannot be expected to follow any DLT road maintenance standards regarding road safety.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

It took the combined 150 IQ of all three to pull off this perfectly timed brain fart. Moron #1 at the stop sign times his pull out perfectly to put the calamity in motion, 50% blame. Then instead of taking a left as intended he pulls off a runner to the right and apparently disappears. Moron #2 the young kid is going maybe 15km to fast but actually reacts pretty good and would have made it if , Moron #3, Grandpa wasn't cooning around taking up a third of the lane oblivious to what's going on around him. I give the kid 15% blame and the gramps 35%. Basically you have three people that have no business driving.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

100% on the tractor.  The tractor is reversing and has the highest duty of care to ensure that the movement of the vehicle can be made safely.  As the tractor was encroaching on a lane of traffic, it was also being operated in the improper lane, even if its reversing action was in same direction as the flow of traffic.

Contrary to some of the opinions above, I see absolutely no evidence the tractor operator was engaged in any kind of road maintenance.  There are no governmental work signs, no warning signs, no road work uniforms, and he wasn't doing any roadside work.  He's a farmer operating his vehicle on the wrong side of the road, trying to use the shoulder as it is a slow moving vehicle, and for some unknown reason, reversed his tractor.

I wish when I litigated auto collision cases, they had video of the accidents so that we didn't have to rely upon witness statements, vehicular damage photographs, and accident reconstruction analysis.

Wrong. Regardless if the tractor driver decided to stand naked and do a dance on it clearly and without question the idiot in the white truck is at fault. If the silver truck was speeding and it could be proven then excessive speed would be a contributing factor not the cause. Don’t go into traffic law. 

4 hours ago, zaphod reborn said:

100% on the tractor.  The tractor is reversing and has the highest duty of care to ensure that the movement of the vehicle can be made safely.  As the tractor was encroaching on a lane of traffic, it was also being operated in the improper lane, even if its reversing action was in same direction as the flow of traffic.

Contrary to some of the opinions above, I see absolutely no evidence the tractor operator was engaged in any kind of road maintenance.  There are no governmental work signs, no warning signs, no road work uniforms, and he wasn't doing any roadside work.  He's a farmer operating his vehicle on the wrong side of the road, trying to use the shoulder as it is a slow moving vehicle, and for some unknown reason, reversed his tractor.

I wish when I litigated auto collision cases, they had video of the accidents so that we didn't have to rely upon witness statements, vehicular damage photographs, and accident reconstruction analysis.

The pickup was CLEARLY on the WRONG SIDE of the road! If you can't see that, then I hope for all of our sake that you don't get out driving driving as you would be as bad or maybe even worse than many Thai drivers as you have so clearly stated that you don't even know on which side of the road to drive in Thailand!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

A STOP sign, a flashing warning light, a solid white line.

What more can you ignore?

How blind and brain dead must one be to pull out in front of the other pickup?

What is a STOP SIGN???

What is a FLASHING WARNING LIGHT???

And for what is THE SOLID WHITE LINE????

Solly??? I'm not blind...what is a BRAIN???

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What a lot of you have missed here is the Thai road rules stipulate one must give way to the left. Ever sat through the ever boring 1 hour video when renewing your license? Last year (my 3rd renewal) I was in a room of about 30 and the only one awake! 55555

Anyway if I were a judge watching this clip I'd call it "ha sip - ha sip" between the pickups. The tractor has full legal rights to be on the road, during daylight hours, no matter what he is doing (within reason --- Of course)!

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1