Priority queues at Swampy

thaibeachlovers

On departing Swampy a few months ago,  the departures priority gate was packed with a queue resembling a historic chinese fortification, almost as long as the Great Wall  !! ...  where else the normal departure gate above the escalators was peace and quiet.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Bangkok flight services provide the service in and out for 950 baht.
They also assist in jumping the queue at check in as most of the check in staff are BFS staff and not actually airline employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaiLai said:

Bangkok flight services provide the service in and out for 950 baht.
They also assist in jumping the queue at check in as most of the check in staff are BFS staff and not actually airline employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I've never heard of the last point, nor do I believe to be accurate - certainly not official - as I very much doubt airlines that use this provider, and I recognize many do, allow their contract check-in to sell priority check-in as this would be to the detriment of their premium classes and elite flyers if you could simply purchase this.  https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/ they mention 'assist with the check-in process' - they would get into a lot of trouble if premium flyers where to photograph a bucket load of non-status economy passengers using  business or first check-in lines

Edited by mekko

33 minutes ago, mekko said:

I've never heard of the last point, nor do I believe to be accurate - certainly not official - as I very much doubt airlines that use this provider, and I recognize many do, allow their contract check-in to sell priority check-in as this would be to the detriment of their premium classes and elite flyers if you could simply purchase this.  https://www.bangkokflightservices.com/home/bfs-services/premium-airport-services/ they mention 'assist with the check-in process' - they would get into a lot of trouble if premium flyers where to photograph a bucket load of non-status economy passengers using  business or first check-in lines

Just because you've not heard of it means nothing.

Obviously if there is business / 1st class / FF passengers checking in you have to wait until a desk is available but if they're empty off you go.

The BFS staff are recognised in their yellow jackets, i think the BFS check in staff wear blue or red ( can't remember ) but i can assure you it certainly takes place. 

It's happened to me the last two times i've departed, once using Philipine Airways and once using Ethipian Airways.

Note BFS does not operate all the check in staff.

48 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Just because you've not heard of it means nothing.

Obviously if there is business / 1st class / FF passengers checking in you have to wait until a desk is available but if they're empty off you go.

The BFS staff are recognised in their yellow jackets, i think the BFS check in staff wear blue or red ( can't remember ) but i can assure you it certainly takes place. 

It's happened to me the last two times i've departed, once using Philipine Airways and once using Ethipian Airways.

Note BFS does not operate all the check in staff.

I am surprised,  but if its happened to you then I guess it does occur, it's not advertised explicitly thus it this does seem a bit naughty, but TIT.  

40 minutes ago, disambiguated said:

You have no idea what you're talking about.

These service are easily found online via search engines.  I've helped friends who aren't flying business class use them on multiple occasions when flying to/from Thailand.

Lounge access, and fast track immigration sure, easily found. But finding offers for priority check-in booked through a third-party sounds a little off, I'm not saying it doesn't happen as it has in JaiLai case, but it's not explicitly advertised and probably for good eason. But hey do enlighten me to exact search term I would use to book priority check-in at BKK. 

Edited by mekko
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mekko said:

Lounge access, and fast track immigration sure, easily found. But finding offers for priority check-in booked through a third-party sounds a little off, I'm not saying it doesn't happen as it has in JaiLai case, but it's not explicitly advertised and probably for good eason. But hey do enlighten me to exact search term I would use to find priority check-in. 

You're correct, i don't believe it's advertised, i knew that BFS operated a lot of the check inns.

The 1st BFS girl that met me was unaware of this, she checked with the staff and was able to skip the queue. The 2nd girl that me me was aware, i was waiting in line when she rocked up and she pulled me aside when Biz class check in was empty.

I've been using BFS for a few years now and i have to say the service is very good, they're always on time, always call to confirm etc.

Also, most of the staff are easy on the eyes!

• Like 1

If your workpermit is through the BOI you can use the priority lanes regardless of flight class. Generally speaking, I can get throught inbound and outbound immigration/customs in less than 10 minutes. I have never experienced hoardes of Chinese. Having said that, inbound the BOI priority is not the same as the Biz Class priority, and you can't just buy a pass for that. Mind you, even in outbound I have never been faced with a queue of more than half a dozen people.

Hi Folks 

On my Next and possible last trip to Aussie I will be 80.

I also have a bad heart and find it impossible to walk very far.

I am seriously looking at booking or asking for a wheelchair from the check-in area.

Is this feasible especially when presenting passport to the I/O?

any advice on costs or how to use the service?

I am also thinking about which Airline to use IE reasonably price, comfort ETC.

I feel that Singapore airlines or Thai  will be my Best options   

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Anyway, if the OP is on 1-year extension of any sort, he can use the Priority lane to the left side of the east Immigration Hall. That's the one furthest east and NOT the small central one solely for First Class, 70 years and older and other VIP types. The west Immigration Hall doesn't have the same Priority lane.

Is that for both inbound and outbound?

11 minutes ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi Folks 

I am seriously looking at booking or asking for a wheelchair from the check-in area.

Should the airline not provide a wheel chair and assistance or even the AOT?

I normally see the Thai lads pushing people in wheel chairs about every time i travel.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Is that for both inbound and outbound?

Inbound only. There are no similar Priority lanes for outbound beyond getting a class or frequent-flier enabled card from the airline check-in and using the Fast Track security and immigration.

58 minutes ago, Katipo said:

If your workpermit is through the BOI you can use the priority lanes regardless of flight class. Generally speaking, I can get throught inbound and outbound immigration/customs in less than 10 minutes. I have never experienced hoardes of Chinese. Having said that, inbound the BOI priority is not the same as the Biz Class priority, and you can't just buy a pass for that. Mind you, even in outbound I have never been faced with a queue of more than half a dozen people.

The uniformed handlers recently told me I need a  separate letter from the BOI for every flight to go through the priority line.  That was not needed for the 5 years before then when to/fro.

Anyway, if the OP is on 1-year extension of any sort, he can use the Priority lane to the left side of the east Immigration Hall. That's the one furthest east and NOT the small central one solely for First Class, 70 years and older and other VIP types. The west Immigration Hall doesn't have the same Priority lane.

Huh? Does this apply for those on Retirement Extension with multi-entry Visa? I never heard about this. Great news if it does. And is it for departure or entry or both?

Every time, I've asked the Immigration knuckleheads if I could use the fast lanes with an extension permit and MEV they tell me no.

Can you clarify that?  When you refer to the Priority Lane "to the left side" and then to  "furthest East" do you mean the furthest on the right or are you not referring to actual compass directions?  Furthest East and the left side do not correlate.  Which direction are you heading when you approach the Immigration lanes? 

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

You're correct, i don't believe it's advertised, i knew that BFS operated a lot of the check inns.

The 1st BFS girl that met me was unaware of this, she checked with the staff and was able to skip the queue. The 2nd girl that me me was aware, i was waiting in line when she rocked up and she pulled me aside when Biz class check in was empty.

I've been using BFS for a few years now and i have to say the service is very good, they're always on time, always call to confirm etc.

Also, most of the staff are easy on the eyes!

"The 2nd girl that me me was aware, i was waiting in line when she rocked up and she pulled me aside when Biz class check in was empty".

How did she know to pull you in particular aside when she "rocked up"?  Why were you waiting in a line that you had to be pulled out of for a service that you had paid a premium for?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

"The 2nd girl that me me was aware, i was waiting in line when she rocked up and she pulled me aside when Biz class check in was empty".
How did she know to pull you in particular aside when she "rocked up"?  Why were you waiting in a line that you had to be pulled out of for a service that you had paid a premium for?

Erm because I identified myself to her when I saw the name card she was holding.

I was waiting in the line coz I was early for meeting her, is that ok?

Any more questions? Are you a policeman?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

Erm because I identified myself to her when I saw the name card she was holding.

I was waiting in the line coz I was early for meeting her, is that ok?

Any more questions? Are you a policeman?

Err, yes, of course, it's ok.  The reason I asked was because you posted on a public forum singing the praises of BFS yet you were waiting in line and I was curious why you'd have to wait in line for a paid service that allowed you to not have to wait in line.  Is that ok?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Err, yes, of course, it's ok.  The reason I asked was because you posted on a public forum singing the praises of BFS yet you were waiting in line and I was curious why you'd have to wait in line for a paid service that allowed you to not have to wait in line.  Is that ok?

No, you were trying to be a smart arse.

Err, you never answered my question, are you or were you formerly a policeman / spy / undercover agent?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JaiLai said:

Should the airline not provide a wheel chair and assistance or even the AOT?

I normally see the Thai lads pushing people in wheel chairs about every time i travel.

You have to contact airline and make arrangements. 

12 minutes ago, JaiLai said:

No, you were trying to be a smart arse.

Err, you never answered my question, are you or were you formerly a policeman / spy / undercover agent?

No, I was asking a reasonable question in the circumstances, you were being a smart arse.

The second question is none of your 'kin business, that's why I ignored it.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Oh bold, If you read the thread properly, the priority check-in isn't something that's advertised and it won't be, unlike other VIP services such as fast-track immigration and lounge - you may have to wait in line at check-in especially if your airline isn't managed by BFS, it happens with some airlines because the arrival meet and greet operators BFS also run some of the airline check-ins which JaiLai was aware of which airlines. Technically he paid for meet and greet and fast track through immigration but BFS seems will try to stick you through the business desk when they run the desk because who wants to waste their own staff time. You won't find it on the receipt because airlines would kick up a shitstorm if their third party checkin operators were selling fast-track for their checkin, although they probably happily turn a blind eye in cases like where it to be 'where available / to the best of our ability' winky winky and biz/1st/ff get priority.  In short, he couldn't just walk up to biz/first checkin with the receipt even if he was early, he had to wait for the BFS girl and hope she'd push him through where she could under 'assists with the check-in process'. 

Edited by mekko
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mekko said:

Oh bold, If you read the thread properly, the priority check-in isn't something that's advertised and it won't be, unlike other VIP services such as fast-track immigration and lounge - you may have to wait in line at check-in especially if your airline isn't managed by BFS, it happens with some airlines because the arrival meet and greet operators BFS also run some of the airline check-ins which JaiLai was aware of which airlines. Technically he paid for meet and greet and fast track through immigration but BFS seems will try to stick you through the business desk when they run the desk because who wants to waste their own staff time. You won't find it on the receipt because airlines would kick up a shitstorm if their third party checkin operators were selling fast-track for their checkin, although they probably happily turn a blind eye in cases like where it to be 'where available / to the best of our ability' winky winky and biz/1st/ff get priority.  In short, he couldn't just walk up to biz/first checkin with the receipt even if he was early, he had to wait for the BFS girl and hope she'd push him through where she could under 'assists with the check-in process'. 

This is absolutely correct.

1 hour ago, Ban Phe Dezza said:

Hi Folks 

I am in a similar position so I hobble past the line at check in with my walking stick and straight up to the airlines check in service desk and request wheelchair assistance.

After filling in a form and a short wait, an airport guy brings a wheelchair and off we go right to the front of any line then to somewhere near the gate.

When its almost time to board the guy is back to pre-board me. The information on the form is passed to the cabin crew who then know to request the same service at the destination. There is no fee for this and always works well for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mekko said:

Oh bold, If you read the thread properly, the priority check-in isn't something that's advertised and it won't be, unlike other VIP services such as fast-track immigration and lounge - you may have to wait in line at check-in especially if your airline isn't managed by BFS, it happens with some airlines because the arrival meet and greet operators BFS also run some of the airline check-ins which JaiLai was aware of which airlines. Technically he paid for meet and greet and fast track through immigration but BFS seems will try to stick you through the business desk when they run the desk because who wants to waste their own staff time. You won't find it on the receipt because airlines would kick up a shitstorm if their third party checkin operators were selling fast-track for their checkin, although they probably happily turn a blind eye in cases like where it to be 'where available / to the best of our ability' and biz/1st/ff get priority

"Oh bold"?  What?  What's the matter with you, you don't approve of my highlighting relevant parts of my own posts?

I read the thread but I was asking him a specific question about something that he was paying for and is openly advertised as being available.  If it wasn't how would people know about it and why would BFS staff be allowed to stand around with name cards for passengers that they were then openly fast-tracking?

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"Oh bold"?  What?  What's the matter with you, you don't approve of my highlighting relevant parts of my own posts?

I read the thread but I was asking him a specific question about something that he was paying for and is openly advertised as being available.  If it wasn't how would people know about it and why would BFS staff be allowed to stand around with name cards for passengers that they were then openly fast-tracking?

Because he paid meet and greet and fast track immigration, and you have to meet them somewhere so she can fast track you through immigration, it's a personal touch rather than just shoving the fast track card in your hand, also on airlines not managed by BFS, the checkin staff won't be handing over their own fast track cards (they cost), or doing BFSs work for them (hey mr smith, BFS asked me to give you this too - wont happen), so just easier to do end to end meet and greet. 

There's no openly about it, Fast track check-in is not advertised. 

Edited by mekko
  • Thanks 1