Ford Everest reliability ... again.

PAV123

The Ford Everest 2015 - 2018 is a good looking car, with good driving comfort and good safety.
But, how about reliability and maintenance. Someone who has a 2015/16 with high km. who can tell us a little about this?

Have read on the Forum a lot about FE, and many think it's better / safer and buy a Toyota Fortuner or Isuzu MUX, as they are more reliable and cheaper parts. True or false?

I have a 2016 3.2 4wd Everedt with 36,000 km. In terms of reliability Ive had no problems. In terms of faults there was a recall that was fixed & a warning came on for the rear diff & that was fixed at same time as recall. In terms of servicing prices nothing alarming so far & Ive previously had Mazda & Isuzu 4wd pickups.

• Like 1

I am looking at buying one myself soon, after owning the 2016 Ranger, same motor, no problems, great car to drive, 85,000 clicks and still haven't had to change the brakes or tyres, better get out of the way ? 

• Like 1

I have a 2010 2.5 Turbo with 137000+ km on the clock.  Great car, no real problems.  Yes, engine a bit noisy, definitely sounds like a diesel and maybe a little under powered, but I can get it to move when I want it to and you feel like you are driving a solid and safe piece of machinery.  I believe the newer models are much more refined, but I'm happy with mine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

We own a 2016 model 3.2ltr. done over 80K in it and not a problem with it mechanically. love it for long runs and fine on fuel on short runs around town.

Really? I heard worst in the class with regards to fuel economy. 

7 hours ago, RBOP said:

I test drove one back in 2006. Comfy but found it was too underpowered.

The Thailand based Everest the OP asked about only went on sale in 2015.

You must be thinking about the Mazda based variant?

The T6 Ranger platform is built in Rayong.

And used for Everest. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lobstered said:

Another happy Everest owner here, not had a problem. 

This goes to all the Everest-owners, and Fortuners, and Pajero-owners: Why do you guys like driving around in a truck??

My 2 litre diesel saloon has 507 NM of torque, burns 0.5 litre per 10km and is a real car..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

This goes to all the Everest-owners, and Fortuners, and Pajero-owners: Why do you guys like driving around in a truck??

My 2 litre diesel saloon has 507 NM of torque, burns 0.5 litre per 10km and is a real car..

Bigger cars for longer trips. Believe it or  not some farangs do like going off roading and actually use the 4 wheel drive

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

Why do you care?

Look at the alternatives in Thailand for a spacious vehicle at the same price level?  Outside of BKK, its down to PPV's, CR-V or X-Trail.  If space is less of a priority, maybe a CX-5, Accord, Camry or Teana.  If 4WD or heavy loads are required, or long term maintenance cost is considered most of the competition drops out. 

None of the 2 Litre diesel sedans on the Thai market are competitive with this lot.   

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

Coming back from BK 2 days ago in a tourist bus in the outside lane as normal when we were undertaken by a new Ford Everest ( red number plate ) . As it passed us the drivers side window visor / rain protector came flying off and just missed us . Not a good advert for the vehicle and the driver was unaware what had happened . Could have caused an  accident if it had hit our windscreen . People in the front of our bus were alarmed and discussing it for quite a while . So I have to assume that the visors are only stuck on with an unfit for purpose glue or tape . I seem to recall a similar incident on the Everest maybe 1 year ago concerning another body part coming unstuck . 

Pity cos a good looking motor . 

8 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

because i like it

3 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Nothing to do with the car.

The aftermarket part stuck on by a dealer. 

Or self fitted.

New cars dont have the dress up stuff fitted in the factory...

It's what dealers make a fortune on.

Had a look at top of the range Everest and you are correct , not a standard piece of kit so Ford are not involved 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skeptic7 said:

Excellent vehical. Buy Ford! My F shares need a kick! :vampire:

Hope its better than my Ford Escape 3.0 Just replaced the drive train, last month it was the aircon, the month before that one a couple of expensive coils, been to 3 different Ford service centers and non of them can fix the vibrations I sometimes gets at idle speed. My old Vigo have never had any serious problems and it has done 400.000 km now, the Ford just half of that.

20 hours ago, MartinBangkok said:

What am I supposed to have brought I need  a car that 

Can carry 7 people

Is comfortable over long distances

Has reasonable off road ability when visiting in-laws farm

Good safety features for transporting my baby son

Can carry large loads

For me the Everest was the best option, but if you can recommend something better then I will go and test drive it tomorrow.

I do like the high driving position I find it helps driving here being able to see as far ahead as possible. But there are definitely time in the city I wish I had a smaller car.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:17 AM, Jitar said:

Why do you care?

Look at the alternatives in Thailand for a spacious vehicle at the same price level?  Outside of BKK, its down to PPV's, CR-V or X-Trail.  If space is less of a priority, maybe a CX-5, Accord, Camry or Teana.  If 4WD or heavy loads are required, or long term maintenance cost is considered most of the competition drops out. 

None of the 2 Litre diesel sedans on the Thai market are competitive with this lot.   

I was just teasing.

I would have bought a Fortuner myself if the Toyota dealer in Bangkok had given me finance. So I ended up with BMW - they gave me finance, even though it cost 1.3 million Baht more than the Fortuner.

Thailand =  LOL

(The Land of Logic) :-0