Thai man and two kids knocked off motor cycle by Russian at Pattaya intersection

webfact

1 hour ago, Prairieboy said:

The obvious question here is what kind of parent is dumb enough to take not one, but two helmetless children on his motorcycle?

In Thailand? A normal parent does this.

Happens too often.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Where an injury has occurred to the other driver or passengers it doesn't matter who's fault it is. You will have to pay compensation to them or let the court decide a fair amount. Of course foreigners pay through the nose. 

That's what Iv'e been told by my Thai Wife.   

I've been told by my wife sign nothing say nothing wait till the insurance turns up and handles it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

The obvious question here is what kind of parent is dumb enough to take not one, but two helmetless children on his motorcycle?

A Thai one....and why is there no mention of the police enforcing the law on him.......you all know why.....

Edited by AhFarangJa
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, quandow said:

They don't always work. My UK friend had his CAR rear ended by a THAI  on her MOTORBIKE. Absolutely her fault, the whole thing was captured by the rear camera. He had to pay her 25k baht right then and there. Needless to say he was furious and had to scramble to come up with that kind of cash instantly. Kangaroo court at its finest!

Either an erroneous statement or a seriously wrong move by your UK friend.

Contact insurance company straight away straight away. Let them sort it out. That's what we pay for.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fullcave said:

So the father was wearing a helmet but not the children? Seems kind of selfish to me. 

Actually it's not, at least according to Thai logic, which is pretty much the same as Lao logic in many ways.

It goes like this. The most important person in a family is the one who brings in the money. Dad, in many/most cases.

If dad gets hurt/killed, the money flow stops. That's bad. If a kid gets hurt/killed, hit the sack and hump out another one.

The reality is, kids contribute nothing tangible to a household. They take.

On 7/26/2018 at 9:40 AM, pokerface1 said:

Where an injury has occurred to the other driver or passengers it doesn't matter who's fault it is. You will have to pay compensation to them or let the court decide a fair amount. Of course foreigners pay through the nose. 

One of the biggest mistakes foreigners make living here is listening to their Thai wives as if because they are Thai they somehow know all and everything about Thailand. I listen to my friends' wives who don't know either the basic laws of the country or even the local geography. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2018 at 9:40 AM, pokerface1 said:

Complete nonsense. 

When you have a first class insurance on your car , you call the agent . You will not negotiate anything without the agent present. You are covered and do not have to pay anything.  And if there is any doubt who's fault it is , it helps to have a dash cam .  

I have experienced this once in 7 years , when a bike hit my car ,  and the agent arrived within 30 minutes. 

But of course if you are driving without an insurance , be prepared to pay . 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1