Alcohol sales ban tightened for Asanha Bucha, Lent

webfact

6 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

So the 2 homeless Thai guys I saw Friday night drinking across from the policeman blowing his whistle and directing traffic should have been arrested instead of ignored??

of course not

they don't have any money

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chrisinth said:

You are of course correct in that. It went from 23:59:59 to 00:00:01.

Never such a time as 24:00.

By definition it seems 24:00:00 does not exist. It is 00:00:00 which is of course start of the next day so technically midnight is 00:00:00 and therefore it would be midnight Sunday you can start drinking again. Happy withdrawal!!

Den

25 minutes ago, denby45 said:

By definition it seems 24:00:00 does not exist. It is 00:00:00 which is of course start of the next day so technically midnight is 00:00:00 and therefore it would be midnight Sunday you can start drinking again. Happy withdrawal!!

Yes, technically the final second of Saturday (and the highest the 24 hour clock can go to) would be 23:59:59, after which it's all zeros. But in common speech it's normal to refer to that as midnight on Saturday, in the same way as 2am is still part of a Saturday night out. 

Edited by lamyai3

On 7/26/2018 at 1:08 PM, meechai said:

The very least this country could offer its populace is Freedom OF Religion

If some want to be Buddhist be Buddhist...follow the precepts/rules what ever

If some want to be Christians,Muslims etc carry on follow

If your a good Buddhist do you need a law to restrain you from drink?

Do the Muslims need a law to outlaw food sales during Ramadan periods of fasting etc?

Come on Thailand you continue to disallow any real freedoms.

Que the "I would never go back to a nanny state folks" ?

How about a religious justification to address a public health issue?

2 hours ago, denby45 said:

Den

Den, please don't give me permission to drink again on Monday morning. Not after  19 years off it, last alcoholic drink was May 1st 1999.

The missus would freak (the only one who has seen me drunk where I now live, since 1999) and there would be a good possibility that some people here might view me differently, very quickly.

:tongue:

On 7/26/2018 at 2:08 PM, meechai said:

The very least this country could offer its populace is Freedom OF Religion

If some want to be Buddhist be Buddhist...follow the precepts/rules what ever

If some want to be Christians,Muslims etc carry on follow

If your a good Buddhist do you need a law to restrain you from drink?

Do the Muslims need a law to outlaw food sales during Ramadan periods of fasting etc?

Come on Thailand you continue to disallow any real freedoms.

Que the "I would never go back to a nanny state folks" ?

Muslim countries are a lot more serious about foreigners 'deferring to local customs and practices' than Thailand will ever be. But then again, Thailand is one of the world's major tourism destinations so yes you'd think of all places they'd be more accommodating of difference.

Alcohol has serious side effect, addicting being one of them. More than 2 drinks per day is consider unhealthy, it is associate with over 100 diseases!

Baclofen is available in Thailand and is cheap and safe, it is used by millions of people in the world to end their addiction to alcohol.

The amazing thing is it that Baclofen works right away, you can stop drink today. Start by taking 1 x 10mg pill every hour, up to 6 to 8, no more than 8. At 6 or 7 you should have no desire for alcohol.  You can find much more info on baclofentreatment.com

It will take 1-2 years for your liver to recover but only 2 weeks you will feel much better. The side effect of Baclofen will tapper off in 6-8 weeks but you will keep on taking it for 2-3 years. Good luck!1*yczfwzWMlzEANed1SMdtCQ.jpeg

Edited by Don Chance
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1